56 replies to this topic

#1 brentwood

All District

• Members
  • 186 posts

Member No.: 3581

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

PK

Edited by brentwood, 17 January 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#2 justin44

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 3352

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

This could be an interesting year for Legion baseball around the area

#3 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

to the RC, brentwood! Great to have you & we hope you enjoy yourself here at the Corner!

Happy posting!
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#4 wannabe

All League

• Members
  • 52 posts

Member No.: 3537

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone know who made the final cuts for the Legion team? Who does there full roster consist of ?When is there first game? Would like to go watch them should be exciting team this season

#5 Bank Manager

• Members
  • 16 posts

Member No.: 2274

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

wannabe...tryouts are still going on as the numbers keep getting smaller every practice they have... 1st game is sunday the 31st against Toledo legion at memorial field in ottawa..starting time is 1 for the double header

#6 wannabe

All League

• Members
  • 52 posts

Member No.: 3537

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

So, is the final roster set for this legion team? Saw Findlays roster in paper today and they should be loaded. Should be an interesting game when these 2 play.

#7 Yellow_Jacket06

All State

• Members
  • 523 posts

Member No.: 3518

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:50 AM

Can't wait for the Sidney/Ottawa games this year. Should be interesting, Ottawa won all 3 games against Sidney last summer, but this year Post 217 is loaded.

#8 marcp

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 2556

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Yellow_Jacket06 @ Jun 1 2008, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait for the Sidney/Ottawa games this year. Should be interesting, Ottawa won all 3 games against Sidney last summer, but this year Post 217 is loaded.

I heard there is an 8th grader that made it?!

#9 Yellow_Jacket06

All State

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(BOB @ Jun 2 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that rosters were limited to 18? Schroeder would be the 8th grader mentioned. His dad played some organized ball in the braves system.

Sidney also has a 21-Player roster. Maybe 21 is the limit.

#10 BigDaddy

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 3135

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:01 PM

NO 8th grader for Sidney. Sidney carries 21 players with only an 18 man legion roster. They carry extra pitching due to schedule and only the 18 man roster players play in the league games.

Edited by BigDaddy, 03 June 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#11 Yellow_Jacket06

All State

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(BigDaddy @ Jun 3 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO 8th grader for Sidney. Sidney carries 21 players with only an 18 man legion roster. They carry extra pitching due to schedule and only the 18 man roster players play in the league games.

I think he was referring to Ottawa having an 8th Grader.

#12 B-cat

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Member No.: 2157

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

No 8th grader should be playing legion ball

#13 Procell

All District

• Members
  • 101 posts

Member No.: 3619

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

New to posting on the board. Responding to B-Cat above about no 8th grader should be on a Legion team.

I have been around for a long time. I have seen this 8th grader play before up in Toledo. From what I know about him he is a good player, and if Stechschulte (Legion Coach) who was pretty good in his day in HS, at Ashland, and with the Cardinals parent club believes he has talent, why would anyone question his judgement as the coach?

Sounds like a jealous comment first of all.

I have talked to others, this kid is quiet, wanting to push himself against higher competition. He likes to challenge himself to the highest level. He has a certain passion to play this game. From what I know and have heard, he was not handed anything, and is far from being cocky.

Again, I have seen him play a couple of times before. He is talented and has alot of potential. The other players on the team have readily accepted him as well. That might not have been the case initially, but when they saw what he could do, all they want to do is win.

I have seen a few 8th graders play Legion ball before. True, not many, but I have seen a few, and there is nothing wrong with him being there.

I just think the comment about "No 8th grader.." was nothing but a jealous person talking. Not needed! Support the young man, he isn't hurting anything.

#14 B-cat

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Procell @ Jun 5 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New to posting on the board. Responding to B-Cat above about no 8th grader should be on a Legion team.

I have been around for a long time. I have seen this 8th grader play before up in Toledo. From what I know about him he is a good player, and if Stechschulte (Legion Coach) who was pretty good in his day in HS, at Ashland, and with the Cardinals parent club believes he has talent, why would anyone question his judgement as the coach?

Sounds like a jealous comment first of all.

I have talked to others, this kid is quiet, wanting to push himself against higher competition. He likes to challenge himself to the highest level. He has a certain passion to play this game. From what I know and have heard, he was not handed anything, and is far from being cocky.

Again, I have seen him play a couple of times before. He is talented and has alot of potential. The other players on the team have readily accepted him as well. That might not have been the case initially, but when they saw what he could do, all they want to do is win.

I have seen a few 8th graders play Legion ball before. True, not many, but I have seen a few, and there is nothing wrong with him being there.

I just think the comment about "No 8th grader.." was nothing but a jealous person talking. Not needed! Support the young man, he isn't hurting anything.

Believe me i'm not jealous. I have no reason to be. I just feel he should stay with his own age group

#15 Procell

All District

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

Well, I would say if he is good enough to play on a Legion team and this helps him improve on his skills, how would staying with his own age group help him get better?

The old big fish in the small pond statement comes to mind, but seriously, if he is good, and his skills are such that he can play on a Legion squad, why would you believe he should stay with his own age group?

I do not understand your reasoning.?

#16 B-cat

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Procell @ Jun 6 2008, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I would say if he is good enough to play on a Legion team and this helps him improve on his skills, how would staying with his own age group help him get better?

The old big fish in the small pond statement comes to mind, but seriously, if he is good, and his skills are such that he can play on a Legion squad, why would you believe he should stay with his own age group?

I do not understand your reasoning.?

When school starts back up he just has to go back to his 8th grade buddies because he won't be playing varsity as an 8th grader. Well i guess there is an up side maybe in the dugout he'll hear all about getting laid in high school and college

Edited by B-cat, 06 June 2008 - 03:25 PM.

#17 Procell

All District

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

I had to check out that information. If that is the case, then he would be a 7th grader going into 8th, but he is going to be a freshman this fall, and I would think the chances are he would play varsity next year, or at least do both JV and Varsity...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 8th graders are already TELLING stories in their dugouts too, and sadly, some of them are true.
I am not suggesting this is at Ottawa, but it is happening at other places.
STill, no reason to stay with his "age group".

#18 B-cat

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(BOB @ Jun 6 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bcat,

would it be ok if people like you had not run the family out of bath?

It is better that he's actually a freshman and not an 8th grader. I didn't have anything to do with them leaving the school. But the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence just ask Ruggley sense nobody came knocking down the door to sign him to play football off a " WINNING TEAM "

#19 Procell

All District

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

I think this is almost a dead conversation and that is a good thing.

I do know that this kid is playing on two teams this summer. He plays on the Legion team, and then, he also plays on a team that has 8 other top Putnam County players on it...His Own Age.

So, in away, you got what you thought to begin with. He is playing with kids his own age, and he is also playing Legion.

Hit a line drive in a game against kids his own age. Hit the pitcher's shin...bone shattered. Cound happen at any level of ball...freak accident.

Not sure about all the other stuff you are talking about with football and stuff.

I just felt that you were being real unfair to a kid because he was an 8th grader trying out for the legion team.

I give him alot of credit for going out. It takes alot of balls to go out as an 8th grader for a Legion team. Not only did he take advantage of his right to do so, he used his abilities to make the team as well! Not bad for an 8th grader. Heck, might be the type of kid you want to get to know so just incase he has a "future" you will be able to say you know him!

#20 JTX

All League

• Members
  • 66 posts

Member No.: 3103

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Procell @ Jun 9 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this is almost a dead conversation and that is a good thing.

I do know that this kid is playing on two teams this summer. He plays on the Legion team, and then, he also plays on a team that has 8 other top Putnam County players on it...His Own Age.

So, in away, you got what you thought to begin with. He is playing with kids his own age, and he is also playing Legion.

Hit a line drive in a game against kids his own age. Hit the pitcher's shin...bone shattered. Cound happen at any level of ball...freak accident.

Not sure about all the other stuff you are talking about with football and stuff.

I just felt that you were being real unfair to a kid because he was an 8th grader trying out for the legion team.

I give him alot of credit for going out. It takes alot of balls to go out as an 8th grader for a Legion team. Not only did he take advantage of his right to do so, he used his abilities to make the team as well! Not bad for an 8th grader. Heck, might be the type of kid you want to get to know so just incase he has a "future" you will be able to say you know him!

you sound alot like you have a little extra intrest in this kid???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users