#1 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Member No.: 43

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

These are my Top 3:

1. Ed Sandy Field - Elida
2. Bellefontaine's Field (anyone know the official name of it???......lol)
3. Shawnee Field - Shawnee

What are your thoughts???........ cool.gif
Philippians 4:13

DAWGER

#2 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

These are my Top 3:

1. Ed Sandy Field - Elida
2. Bellefontaine's Field (anyone know the official name of it???......lol)
3. Shawnee Field - Shawnee

What are your thoughts???........ cool.gif

DAWGER

#3 SportsFan24/7

All District

• Members
  • 250 posts

Member No.: 206

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

never been to Bellefontaine, but I think you'd have to include OG in the mix...nicest infield I have ever seen on a HS field...plus the atmosphere....with those houses so close by....you can most likely sneak over to one of their "picnics" and grab a cold one between innings...Bruce will ususally have one waiting....or take a spin on the trampoline or maybe even a quick dip in the pool at Tim's....their are some real nice people along the 3rd baseline....stop over and say "hi" next time you're there.....lol

#4 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:26 PM

sorry, we can delete this one............lol.......... cool.gif

DAWGER

#5 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Member No.: 39

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

Zanesville has a real nice facility....the only hs field i have seen that converts from football to baseball...we played in the reginals there, so you know its nice if tourny is played there wink.gif
QUOTE(dawger @ Jan 31 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#6 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

Delphos St. Johns does the same baseball to football and vice versa concept as well......... cool.gif

DAWGER

#7 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

Patrick Henry hands down, this is just like a minor league stadium. All they need is seats like Kalida has, that would top it off.

#8 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:45 AM

I am going to have to go with Patrick Henry with you Lester...I really love that field..I also didnt mind Ayersville baseball field either...Continentals is on its way up..
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#9 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:26 PM

Ayersville is nice, but I don't like it because as soon as foul play begins the field drops about a foot on a pretty fast slope, home plate is the same way if your running after the ball I'm just afraid somebody could get hurt. As far as PCL fields I would say Grove is the best and Continental's second best. Next year Continental's will be the best. One more year of improvements and it should be ready to hold some tourneys.

#10 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:02 PM

Lets hope Continental cna hold some tournys...I thnik it would be great for the community and baseball and softball teams... cool.gif
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#11 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Front row if you have any suggestions let the ground crew know. They have a good game plan but every little bit helps. The man with all the knowledge is probably down thier edging it already.

#12 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:49 PM

I will be sure to do that Lester B..Hopefully I can spend alot of time on the field this year myself...calling balls and strikes in the summer

Edited by FrOnT RoW JOE, 14 February 2006 - 04:49 PM.

#13 weezy

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 385

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

Patrick Henry has a Great field and take much pride in it also. But another great field is Archbold and Kalida. I like both becase of the seating. But rumor is that PH is goin to be doing some remadeling to the field makeing wraped around the backstop from the frist base dug out to the third and maybe down the line some more.

#14 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

Kalida's seating is the best. great backdrop all that green really makes it nice for picking up the ball, they also just put in inground dugouts, now all they need is a grass infield and maybe move the fences bac about 15-20 foot.

Dawger
What's Elida's field like never been there, also is it behind the school by the football field.

#15 unsunghero

All District

• Members
  • 153 posts

Member No.: 269

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

I've heard good things about Coldwater's facilities. I've never been there though. I know we have some MAC zoomers. They can't all be strictly basketball and football fans. How 'bout it?

#16 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:54 PM

Columbus Grove's was very nice when Webber was their coach, the team spent time after each and every game working on the field.

I'm asuming that Continental has a completely new field? Cause last time I was there in the mid 90's they had the light poles in play and the rest was quite average.

#17 Billy Hoyle

All District

• Members
  • 219 posts

Member No.: 317

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

Indian Lake and Houston.

Real nice infields and well groomed. Indian Lake's has been a hot spot for tournament.

Houston's field...it has some quirks but it's very nice to play on.

And who can forget Hardman Field in Piqua...it has been pretty run down the last few years but is slowly making a comeback...
White men CAN jump.

#18 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:00 AM

Yes Continental has a new field and it is really nice and it is still improving...they are making everything there look really nice making it a great facility for sports

#19 PHdiehard

All District

• Members
  • 108 posts

Member No.: 387

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

Gerald Parrat field! Home of the Patrick Henry Patriots!

#20 secondteam

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 441

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

1) Elida
2) columbus grove
3) Continental/OG

all the fields are very good. but like you people said continental will need one more year and it might be the best field around the area.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users