Lima Buckeyes Semi-Pro Baseball Team

57 replies to this topic

#21 putty

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Member No.: 1532

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

When are the tryouts for the team and how old do you have to be?

#22 Double Nickel

All District

• Members
  • 213 posts

Member No.: 1293

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

Living, i hope your being serious able the basketball situation..... rolleyes.gif

limabuckeye, sounds like your organization is headed in the right direction...hopefully with some success you'll be able to "move up the ladder" and become an organization similar to the locos!

#23 Living in the stands

All League

• Members
  • 29 posts

Member No.: 2627

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE(Double Nickel @ Dec 12 2007, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Living, i hope your being serious able the basketball situation..... rolleyes.gif

limabuckeye, sounds like your organization is headed in the right direction...hopefully with some success you'll be able to "move up the ladder" and become an organization similar to the locos!

Double, I was being serious. I think you would have added some depth to the court.

#24 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 2983

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:38 PM

Putty, our roster is complete with 15 guys and keeping one open spot on the roster for someone later on.

#25 orange pants

All District

• Members
  • 273 posts

Member No.: 2718

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

LB why no more tryouts ya never no whos out their could be a sleeper somewere . Hey can girls play ?

#26 Double Nickel

All District

• Members
  • 213 posts

Member No.: 1293

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

living, i appreciate the help but i wouldn't be much help on the floor...more of a practice bruiser

#27 Deuce22

All District

• Members
  • 344 posts

Member No.: 2681

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:25 PM

Temple Christian would be a nice field to have your games on...the field keeps getting better every year and it's a great location for all of the Limaland area to make it out to...How much of a possibility is that option?

#28 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(Deuce22 @ Dec 14 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Temple Christian would be a nice field to have your games on...the field keeps getting better every year and it's a great location for all of the Limaland area to make it out to...How much of a possibility is that option?

As of right now I'm talking with someone about the use of that field and should know real soon. I have to have our field availability sent in to the league director by February so the sooner the better. Like I said before, right now i'm in talks with several fields and waiting on responses. Those fields include Kalida High School, Temple Chrisitian, Bath High School on Sundays only, and possibly Shawnee High School depending on the Locos situation.

I also received another email from the director this weekend about the due dates for the league and tournament fees. So I'll go ahead and put this out in the open that we already have all our equipment and jerseys from the sponsorship posted on our website. We are still in need of a few things and I would like to ask for anyone's help towards our team. Any donation would go a long way in keeping things moving right along for this new team. Those interested can email me at baseball_14_03@hotmail.com or call the cell number on the website. Your name and/or company logo would be posted on the site as well as in the program we will be selling at home games. I want to thank you all for the compliments and hope to see you at the field or even talk to you personally about suggestions or ideas.

#29 downdawg

All State

• Members
  • 848 posts

Member No.: 1043

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(orange pants @ Dec 12 2007, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LB why no more tryouts ya never no whos out their could be a sleeper somewere . Hey can girls play ?

Great question OP.I know a couple that would like to try out

#30 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

Well to answer your question about no more tryouts is simply because I have 15 guys on this roster right now that I have played with, against, or have watched at some point or another. I'm very pleased with how things have gone this early and feel that this lineup has alot of potential. I do however have one more roster spot open and will take calls or emails from anyone interested. But right now, I'm not looking because I have other things that need done. For instance I'm still trying to find a field for our weekday home games.

Just found out today that Kalida High School will be the site to our home weekend games. Great facility that should draw a good crowd and can also have night games with the field having lights. I was very pleased to find that news out today as that's one more thing I can put behind me and move forward.

Edited by LimaBuckeye, 19 December 2007 - 05:49 PM.

#31 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Also, as you may have seen on our website we have come to agreement with Temple Christian for weekday league games. So I want to thank both Kalida and Temple Christian for helping us start in the right direction.

#32 Deuce22

All District

• Members
  • 344 posts

Member No.: 2681

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:56 AM

I'm excited to see what this summer holds for the LB's

#33 downdawg

All State

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(LimaBuckeye @ Dec 24 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Also, as you may have seen on our website we have come to agreement with Temple Christian for weekday league games. So I want to thank both Kalida and Temple Christian for helping us start in the right direction.

A big congrats goes out to the manager/player for LB,Does this mean your time will be limited now and there may be a roster spot opening up?

#34 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:51 PM

Why would there be a roster spot open? That is definately not an issue nor will it be. No problem there as my focus is on this team and making it as successful as possible.

#35 downdawg

All State

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(LimaBuckeye @ Dec 27 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would there be a roster spot open? That is definately not an issue nor will it be. No problem there as my focus is on this team and making it as successful as possible.

Great to hear,looking forward to watching your team play.Good luck

#36 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

Thanks downdawg, hope to see you at the field!

#37 zoesdaddy

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Member No.: 3052

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(LimaBuckeye @ Nov 18 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry it took me a while to get back on here and answer some questions. First off BOB I don't appreciate you coming on here and bashing the players on my roster one bit. You said the last 3 guys on the list weren't very good basically. Matt Rader, Zach Metzner, and Nate Brown are all fine ball players and until you come and watch them play I'd suggest you don't talk bad about players you hardly know. This team is going to be a very competitive team and going to be run no different than any of the Great Lakes teams. I'm going to have a 4 man starting rotation which is already set, and have a couple guys that can come in relief when needed. As far as the post that was on JJ Huddle, that might as well be erased. There is no longer going to be a tryout because I have been successful with making phone calls and talking to guys to where I don't need that. As soon as I have the complete roster of 16, I will be able to move forward and take the next step.

I know you may not think that we can compete at this level but If anyone on here remembers the summer of 2005, the Allen Express beat the Locos 2-1 in an exhibition game. That team consisted of some of the guys that are on this roster but also had some older guys in their late 20's and early 30's. This past summer we hung right with the Locos and the Grand Lake Mariners until about the 7th inning. I have no doubt in my mind that we are going to compete to be one of the best teams in the area. If I didn't think that would be possible, I wouldn't have put this team together. We have talent up and down our lineup and I would put our starting 9 up against any team. All I ask is that you don't get on here and start bringing my players down if you haven't even watched a game yet.

Buckeye
best of luck to the buckeyes in the upcoming season, if they can get some sponsorship zsportslive.com would love to cover the games. they are planning some high school softball and baseball games.
C:\Users\dave\Documents\zsports%20QR%20Code.png

#38 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

Well it's no longer a rumor anymore, on last night's news the Lima Locos have said that they have in fact leased out simmons field. If it goes through it will be a 5 year contract. But for this coming summer Simmons Field will be home for all Locos home games.

So now, i'm going to talk to the person in charge of Shawnee High School Field in hopes that we can work something out there. If not, obviously we have something already with Kalida and Temple Christian.

#39 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Wanted to clear up my last post in that the Locos will only be at Simmons Field for this coming summer according to the person in charge of Shawnee Field. So we will be staying put with our Kalida and Temple fields for this summer.

I also wanted to post that on our website I have made a new announcement in that Monday I will be receiving 40 t-shirts that will go on sale. Cost of these shirts are $12 for adults and $10 for youth sizes. These shirts will go quick I imagine so contact me as soon as possible if interested. The best way to contact me is by phone at 567-204-1883. As soon as I get the shirts I will be posting them on our website for everyone to view. Sizes are the following:

Youth Sizes: Small (6-8)
Medium (10-12)
Large (14-16) I will have 5 shirts for each youth size

Adult Sizes: Small 7 shirts
Medium 3 shirts
Large 9 shirts
X-Large 4 shirts

If these shirts sell quickly, I will be ordering more as soon as I can. They are pre-shrunk shirts with our team name and logo in our colors.

Edited by LimaBuckeye, 06 January 2008 - 01:38 PM.

#40 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(LimaBuckeye @ Jan 4 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wanted to clear up my last post in that the Locos will only be at Simmons Field for this coming summer according to the person in charge of Shawnee Field. So we will be staying put with our Kalida and Temple fields for this summer.

I also wanted to post that on our website I have made a new announcement in that Monday I will be receiving 40 t-shirts that will go on sale. Cost of these shirts are $12 for adults and $10 for youth sizes. These shirts will go quick I imagine so contact me as soon as possible if interested. The best way to contact me is by phone at 567-204-1883. As soon as I get the shirts I will be posting them on our website for everyone to view. Sizes are the following:

Youth Sizes: Small (6-8)
Medium (10-12)
Large (14-16) I will have 5 shirts for each youth size

Adult Sizes: Small 7 shirts
Medium 3 shirts
Large 10 shirts
X-Large 5 shirts
If these shirts sell quickly, I will be ordering more as soon as I can. They are pre-shrunk shirts with our team name and logo in our colors.

LB...I want one, as lomg as paddy McKee will sign it...Deal??? I'll call u over the wknd. Adult small To baby slice.

Edited by slice slice baby, 04 January 2008 - 10:02 PM.

"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users