2008 SCL Predictions

112 replies to this topic

#41 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 2058

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

BigDaddy and tribeguy. It has been enjoyable following your little courtship to figure out who each other are. When you two finally hook up, please spare us the gorey details. lol

#42 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Member No.: 1861

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

sorry dweeb....
it was the only way to keep the thread alive!!

The catchers and pitchers should be reporting to high school practice soon right??
After talking to Jeff Bray last time I was home I'm very glad to hear that a few of the county baseball games will be on scoresbroadcast.net.....
Also heard that Loramie's going to be building a new park across from the high school that would include baseball and softball diamonds...any truth to that Dweeb??

#43 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

First of all, no need to apologize tribeguy. I know you are a big baseball fan and just want to keep some hot stove league banter going.

As for the town developing a park, all I've heard is that it is in the works as the school district will soon lose their two ball diamonds at the elementary school. The need for softball / baseball diamonds will continue to exist until the town can build them, but like everything, $$$ seems to be an issue. Until proper funding is established, I believe it may be on hold for awhile. Is there a golden goose out there?

#44 Voice Of Reason

All State

• Members
  • 700 posts

Member No.: 34

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Tim Dweeb @ Feb 13 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a golden goose out there?

No, but don't they pour some golden liquid at that establishment going south out of town?

The Voice has spoken

#45 osu_fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Member No.: 2982

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

Tribeguy the building of the new parks across from the high school will commence in fall of 2008 plans were just finalized the other night at Town Council meeting the hopes are to at least have the softball diamonds done by the following spring so the softball team will have a place to call home.

#46 Voice Of Reason

All State

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

Voice takes em as follows:

Loramie -- have to knock the champs off before you take them off the top. Sturwold knows how to win.
Russia -- Lots of talented seniors hungry for a championship
Anna -- Possibly not as hungry after an impressive basketball championship and a late start due to tourney run, otherwise could be 1 or 2.
Botkins -- Will win half their league games (i.e. when the man is on the hill).
Houston -- Gordon, Roeth, and Grillot keep them in some games, not enough depth to go any higher.
Jackson Center -- King left for a reason
Fairlawn -- wallbash.gif

First 3 could be any order though, it's that close in The Voice's opinion.

The Voice has spoken

Edited by Voice Of Reason, 19 February 2008 - 11:28 PM.

#47 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

Well now that Loramie's basketball season is over they can look forward to having some key players in practice, but that brings up an interesting question...
How far behind will Russia/Botkins (depending on who wins), Houston and Anna be after their tournament runs?? I want them to go as far as possible being a fan of SCL basketball, but a lot of key players from Russia Botkins and Anna are on the basketball team. There's a lot of throwing that Schafer, Grogean, Zumberger, and not to mention Hunsucker, Clark, Naseman and Elsass from Anna, that they aren't going to be doing. Knowing Leugers, he hasn't stopped throwing since fall ended, so I guess them making a run won't hurt the baseball team too much.
Just something that ran through my mind when reading about Loramie's loss....

#48 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

As far as extended basketball seasons affecting the baseball seasons for some teams tribeguy, just look outside, their is about 4-5 inches of snow, I don't think it will make any difference. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated.

#49 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(Tim Dweeb @ Feb 23 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as extended basketball seasons affecting the baseball seasons for some teams tribeguy, just look outside, their is about 4-5 inches of snow, I don't think it will make any difference. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated.

I'm just sayin that those are extra cuts and throws that some guys will have and other guys won't. I thought it made a difference for Loramie before because we were always out early in the tournament, and would start to get our timing back from the off season. And looking at the weather reports, there are chances to go outside coming soon.

I don't think the rollover has near of an effect on baseball season as football does for basketball, but I think it has an affect none the less.

#50 osu2011

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 3065

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

I look for Loramie and Russia to battle it out. Anna and Botkins could play spoiler like mentioned before. The group of seniors at Russia has had the seniors at Loramie's number since they were in elementary school.

I personally don't look for Zumberger to be able to handle the pressure of being a closer. Have some of you missed his temper on the basketball court? The kid needs to do alot of growing up in the next few weeks for that to happen. I think he needs to take a look at Andy Long's style and go with that. Throw STRIKES and don't worry about throwing hard.

Long probably won't be the ace in Loramie unless he gets some more speed. However I have heard his curve is coming along quite nicely. But he will need a good infield behind him to win games. Coverstone is a good pitcher but he needs someone to catch for him since tribeguy is no longer there to share the duties. Eric Drees could be a candidate but I think a bigger target could be Jake Boerger if he is playing. He's big and is built like Loramie's previous catchers the Barhorst boys (Nathan and Justin).

Tribeguy I don't look for Ahlers to be on the mound. He took one off the head this fall during a game and when I talked to him after that he didn't seem to want to get back on the mound and that he was fine with outfield.

The guys from Russia have been talking about baseball since conditioning started during basketball even the boys on the basektball team. They are excited but I hope for their sake they don't let their ACME season go to their heads like the basketball team let the hype go to theirs!

I see the league shaking out as follows:

Loramie
Russia
Anna
Botkins
Houston- will struggle with finding pitchers
JC- only because they will beat Fairlawn
Fairlawn- i watched an ACME game 20-0 during the first inning not kidding!

#51 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(osu2011 @ Mar 1 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tribeguy I don't look for Ahlers to be on the mound. He took one off the head this fall during a game and when I talked to him after that he didn't seem to want to get back on the mound and that he was fine with outfield.

I talked to Ahlers on Saturday night at the girls basketball game. He said he was throwing in the mid 80's. I talked to him about playing in college and he wants to pitch in college. I think if he wants to pitch, he'll be on the hill this year proving his worth.

Nathan and Justin both had one thing Jake doesn't, work ethic. Jake got kicked off the ACME team last year, and that's really shows me he doesn't have the good work ethic he needs.

#52 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

and Anna will be more than just a spoiler. Russia owning the seniors since elementary age means nothing. Minster always had our number when we were younger, but we only lost to them twice in high school out of 10 meetings. I'm sure the record of Russia-Loramie since high school is pretty close to even, with Loramie probably on top. Big Daddy, you think you could get me those records?
The senior class may own them, but the junior class in Russia isn't as good as Loramie, and neither is the sophomore class. The reason I can see Russia beating Loramie is because they won't rely on the underclassmen like Loramie.

#53 Voice Of Reason

All State

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(tribeguy13 @ Mar 2 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I talked to Ahlers on Saturday night at the girls basketball game. He said he was throwing in the mid 80's.

He must have been in southern Florida or Phoenix then.

Or were you talking about his fastball? I don't think so.

The Voice has spoken

#54 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(Voice Of Reason @ Mar 3 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He must have been in southern Florida or Phoenix then.

Or were you talking about his fastball? I don't think so.

The Voice has spoken

im just going to assure you, the kid will be pitching. He throws hard Voice, I've faced him, and he's been seeing a pitching coach, hopefully he's throwing more strikes. watch out for him.

#55 Voice Of Reason

All State

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(tribeguy13 @ Mar 3 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im just going to assure you, the kid will be pitching. He throws hard Voice, I've faced him, and he's been seeing a pitching coach, hopefully he's throwing more strikes. watch out for him.

Not contesting that he will be pitching.

Am contesting the fact that he "throws in the mid 80's". Will need to read it off the JUGS to believe it.

If The Voice had a nickel for every kid who threw in the mid 70's that thought he threw in the mid 80's, well lets just say The Voice would have enough money for unlimited adult beverages at each and every game for the rest of his life.

Believe me, I've been around baseball a long time. If the kid threw in the mid 80's, they'd be talking about him more than Leugers (who may throw low 80s at best).

The Voice has spoken

#56 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

Gotta agree with The Voice once again. Highly doubtful that he approaches 80 mph, let alone mid-80's. Many kids have a tendency to inflate that number. I think I even made it over 60 once.

#57 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

im just saying thats what the kid told me. Not that agree with him. He has good stuff, he'll be a key. He has a very strong arm, but the more you guys talk about it, it doesn't make sense that he has that good of an arm and i haven't heard more rumblings over here in the hill.

#58 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

I realize that is what you were told tribeguy, but you should know very well that it is highly unlikely that Ahlers can bring it like that. You got to watch Goldschmidt pitch last year and he might have been able to reach the mid-80's on his top games (Minster & State Finals), but you gotta know better than thinking Ahlers has reached that level. In your initial presentation, it appeared you believed in what he said and that is why The Voice and I have expressed doubt. Hey as a Loramie fan, I hope he can do what he says. He can be a key player this season in a variety of ways.

#59 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:22 AM

i know that's what it sounded like, and hey, I re-read it and it looks that is what I meant to. We'll see how hard he throws soon enough.

On the other hand Tim, I saw some pictures of the Loramie field, looks like its taken a pretty hard hit from that ice storm you got over there! Could spell some trouble for those outside games. If you get a chance check it out, it's CRAZY! the whole back stop on the Loramie side fell over from the base of the fence. No one knows where we could get some cheap fencing do they??

#60 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

I heard about the damage but have not seen it myself. We still have a lot of ice around adding a lot of weight to trees, power lines and other outdoor objects. Similar, but not quite as bad as we experienced 4 years ago when many more were without power for a longer period of time. I will have to go check out the damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users