Did I just witness Mr. Arlington Girls' Basketball...

26 replies to this topic

#21 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postfalconfan84, on 08 September 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Read my post as three separate statements.

The first sentence basically states that both parties involved lacked class in the way the situation was handled...regardless of what the actual truth was. I don't need to know the truth to make a statement like that. I don't care who started it. There was at least one person acting like an idiot, and possibly two. If it was handled in a mature, professional manner, it wouldn't be a topic on a forum like this, would it?...it would be a non-issue.

The second sentence is just me spouting off about how these two schools' fans seem to come across to many other schools' fans...just personal opinion, and one that I figured would draw a response from at least one person. No truths need to be presented for me to have this opinion on these two schools' fans.

The last two sentences also don't need specifics regarding this incident. When people can't get past the fact that these events are about the kids on the field instead of the parents in the stands (or the end zones, in this case), then there needs to be some "growing up" as far as the parents (or coaches) are concerned. Their pride gets in the way, they lacked maturity and sportsmanship, and basically did a poor job of representing their school district in the manner they should have.

Not the first time you have spouted about LB's arrogance.(and I am sure not the last time) EVERY school has their meatheads. EVERY. LB has them as well. BUT, there are many more good fans from LB. And this includes Arlington. In my time at LB while my kids were attenting LB and playing sports, I met many good people from Arlington as well.

You and I were not there. I have no opinion on what happened and have not said a word.. But as soon as LB is mentioned, you seem to have a opinion and it's usually negative.

#22 falconfan84

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Member No.: 2544

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Good points, and in retrospect, I could have shown more class in my post in regards to L-B vs. Arlington fans. You are correct that every school has their meatheads. I would hope that I don't fit into that category, but (being human) know that it's not out of my capability. Thanks for calling me out on it, and I'll try to do better in the future.

#23 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Doesn't sound like the participants in the BVC will be awarded the Harold A Meyer sportmanship award in the very near future.

#24 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

View Postbob22, on 07 September 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Visitors need to use a little common sense though. Like a few years back when a baseball coach from the the visiting school got the bright idea to stand in the southeast corner endzone at HN. Hellloooo McFly...
I'm sure HN would now be happy for visiting fans to come and sit anywhere!!

#25 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostNorthwestsports, on 08 September 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Ok thanks I first heard about this from an Arlington person who said coach was out of line. But I wasn't there and I didn't see it.
Anyone that knows the Arlington coach in question cannot be at all shocked. This is the way he acts.

#26 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postfalconfan84, on 09 September 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Good points, and in retrospect, I could have shown more class in my post in regards to L-B vs. Arlington fans. You are correct that every school has their meatheads. I would hope that I don't fit into that category, but (being human) know that it's not out of my capability. Thanks for calling me out on it, and I'll try to do better in the future.
Falcon, I don't think you made any specific attacks. As a long time fan/ coach of area youth sports leagues, if you took a poll to see who the worst fan/parents in this area, LB and Arlington would be at or near the top. Not sure why, but that's just the way it is.

#27 Hagen

All State

• Members
  • 524 posts

Member No.: 7010

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

View Postwally, on 07 September 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

To start a topic like this, you have to be touched. Falcon86 is looking for a fight. He was probably the moron sitting in the end zone. My guess is he has a beef with Seth. Did the red devils beat your team in bball? wanh wanh wanh I have known Seth for along time....you aren't half the man he is.

From the comments that followed in agreement with Falcon86's post, I'm going to assume he/she wasn't looking for a fight. (Falcon86, let me know if you really were). While we all agree "verbally rape" was a little strong, it wasn't that poorly written. He/she stated their points and from reading ensuing comments, it sounds like the coach has had a history of controversial behavior.
I agree that as a coach, he needed to show more class in asking the fans to leave. If it was Joe-Fan "making an ass of himself," nothing would have been made of it. However, as a school employee, you are always under the microscope at a school function. It comes with the job. It's not a secret.
While the visiting fans may have been wrong, it sounds like the coach could've handled the situation better, especially in the most public of school functions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users