OG "Posse" to be honored at May BOE meeting?

52 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Scuttle out of the Ottawa area is that THE "Posse" will be honored at the Ottawa Glandorf May BOE meeting.......
this illustrious group has accomplished quite a bit in just their 2nd or 3rd year of existence......the superintendent,
after watching the now infamous Power Point presentation neglected to inform his board of this screenplay.....it
will be shared at the May meeting with commentary given by the leader of the pack.........

The super will then allow Board members to ask questions of the videographers responsible for this production...
a Q&A will then follow to allow any community members the opportunity to find out what kind of lighting they used,
film speed, and whether anything was "Photoshopped"..........should make for a good meeting.........hors d 'oeuvres
and light refreshments will be served afterwards to commemorate this..........RM

please RSVP the school at:

brinkmank@og.noacsc.org
kaufmanl@og.noacsc.org

to let them know that you are coming
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#2 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Member No.: 3750

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Wow. hopefully someone gets pictures. Rumor is there is going to be a small presentation of "The Posse" sitting in the stands and making their funny faces. Some school board pictures would fit the presentation nicely.

#3 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

lmao.....

Small town representation at it's best........hopefully, the Lima News or the Courier can give the 'Posse' the respect it deserves.....what a great group of individuals......my hat is off to them!!!!

#4 winit4me

All State

• Members
  • 541 posts

Member No.: 142

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

One very sad situation!! :angry:

#5 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

There is a question mark at the end of Rocketman's topic header. I have serious doubts any powerpoint presentations will be taking place at the next OG BOE meeting. Coach Smith resigned a month ago, the posse should be happy, they wanted her out, she's out..........mission accomplished on there part. Why would the OG administration and BOE want to revisit a personnel matter a month after it has been decided?

This BOE meeting will be interesting as the next varsity girls coach will most likely be announced as well as new principals for both OE and OGHS.

#6 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Member No.: 414

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Did anyone else check out the great editorial comment made by WHDH sport's direct Dave Kleck? I think it sums up the modern "climate" of overbearing parents on their less than objective demands of coaches quite nicely.

http://www.facebook....DkyNMMDakvIFO4Q

#7 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostRWB 71, on 22 April 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Did anyone else check out the great editorial comment made by WHDH sport's direct Dave Kleck? I think it sums up the modern "climate" of overbearing parents on their less than objective demands of coaches quite nicely.

http://www.facebook....DkyNMMDakvIFO4Q
Outstanding commentary by Kleck.

#8 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'm willing to bet that he wasn't just talking about "some school". That sure sounds like a direct shot at the Posse and the OG administration. Congrats to Kleck for having the guts to say what everyone else is afraid to.

#9 Guest_Landess_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

lol I love how one sided everyone is lol What will be said if OG comes out and makes a huge improvement next season?

#10 winit4me

All State

• Members
  • 541 posts

Member No.: 142

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Landess - does that mean you are going to be the next coach???? :bow2:

#11 Guest_Landess_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

yes because anyone who doesn't fight against the BOE must be in cahoots.

#12 Guest_Landess_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

We wouldn't have our country if a Posse hadn't spoken up!!!!!!!!

#13 Voice_of_reason

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9183

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Landess do you realize you just compared high school girls basketball with the american revolution. So you would consider yourself a Patriot. Just making sure I am understanding you correctly. Now I really know you and your posse need to get a life. Hell maybe we can put your face on a quarter.

#14 The Owl

All District

• Members
  • 207 posts

Member No.: 9031

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostLandess, on 25 April 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

lol I love how one sided everyone is lol What will be said if OG comes out and makes a huge improvement next season?

What should be said is, "Looks like playing all those freshman last year and taking their lumps paid off."

You might also hear, "Athletes play better when they listen to and believe in their coach, and don't have their parents telling them that the coach doesn't know how to coach."

How many years wil the parents be quiet and let this new coach do his/her job? My over/under is 2 years, and if the Fab Freshman don't finish in the top 2 in the WBL their junior year, new coach will now be an idiot.

Maybe this time they'll have to wire the girls during practice to get some good dirt?

Edited by The Owl, 26 April 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#15 Putnammom

All League

• Members
  • 34 posts

Member No.: 8561

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Chances are OG would have made huge improvements with Coach Smith running the show. And maybe better then the new coach will do.

#16 Guest_Landess_*

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

lol Voice, I live in Kettering Ohio. Look it up lol. I hate how people automatically assume crap because they don't like what happend.
BOE made their decision based on evidence and you are arguing it still. What is your argument? If a coach isn't doing well anymore do they get to keep their job because they used to be good? Is a parent who isn't happy with a coach always wrong?? If a players comes and tells you a coach is doing something inappropriate do you still dismiss it and act like they are just being oversensitive? That league is a joke up there anyway. Come down and play some big girl Basketball. Bath is the only team that can compete.

#17 Goin2goal

All District

• Members
  • 342 posts

Member No.: 2371

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostLandess, on 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

lol Voice, I live in Kettering Ohio. Look it up lol. I hate how people automatically assume crap because they don't like what happend.
BOE made their decision based on evidence and you are arguing it still. What is your argument? If a coach isn't doing well anymore do they get to keep their job because they used to be good? Is a parent who isn't happy with a coach always wrong?? If a players comes and tells you a coach is doing something inappropriate do you still dismiss it and act like they are just being oversensitive? That league is a joke up there anyway. Come down and play some big girl Basketball. Bath is the only team that can compete.

If we are such a joke why are you here? Go away!

#18 Guest_Landess_*

• Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Great argument! If you don't like something someone says just tell them to go away.

#19 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostLandess, on 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Really??? Compariing a league with teams where almost every girl grew up in the school system to your beloved private schools who recruit (oops, I mean enroll) students from anywhere in SW Ohio??? Of course there's an advantage....some of the schools you cover draw from a population of upwards of a million people. OG school district has right around 12,000.

#20 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostLandess, on 27 April 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Great argument! If you don't like something someone says just tell them to go away.

Funny, that's EXACTLY what the "Posse" and the OG Administration did.....and you're fine with it!!!

Not so much when it applies to you huh Landess??? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users