Ryan Geise (L-B 5-10, soph., 12.5

THIRD Team

Dalton Buck (McComb) 5-10, jr. 13.3
Casey Mock (Arcadia) 5-10, jr., 14.6
Zach Kuhlman (Leipsic) 5-10, soph., 12.4
Wes Corbin (Arlington) 5-11, sr., 7.8
Grant Marshall (C-R) 6-2, sr., 11.5

HONORABLE MENTION

ARCADIA -- Grant Baker, Jimmy Graham. ARLINGTON -- Adam Inniger, Andrew Hunter. CORY-RAWSON -- Tyler Harris, Alex Edson. HARDIN NORTHERN -- Reed Poling, Chris Obenour. LEIPSIC -- Brady Schroeder, Mitch Kuhlman. LIBERTY-BENTON -- Mitch Linhart, Adam Cytlak. MCCOMB -- Adam Newcomer, Austan Westenbarger. PANDORA-GILBOA -- Nathan Schutz, Owen Lugibihl. VAN BUREN -- Ryan Adolph, Sawyer Junge. VANLUE -- Jordan Wisner, Stewart Stone.

Edited by Common Sense, 06 March 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#2 slingblade

All District

• Members
  • 488 posts

Member No.: 325

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

This is about what I expected. Although, POY kinda surprised me.

#3 bambino

All District

• Members
  • 117 posts

Member No.: 5935

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Sling I am also kinda surprised considering who won head to head matchup and who had the better numbers and will be playing at the next level. Congrats to all players for your hard work

#4 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Seven of the 15 kids on the first three teams are underclassmen. Should be a good year for the BVC again next year.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#5 Falcon86

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9209

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I am not surprised at the POY, what does surprise me is the coach of the year. Coach Williman did a lot with very little and won a piece fo the BVC Championship. He deserved COY honors. I think this is a perfect example of the other BVC coaches black balling him. The other coaches surely recognized what he did, yet they still vote Vermillion?

PostPlayer went on record many times this year talking about all the talent the Devils have. With that said, Williman did it with less.

I honestly don't think Williman gets hung up on the personal accolades, so he will have no ill feelings toward this. He is a great coach, a coach that has taught a lot of basketball to other BVC coaches.

#6 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostFalcon86, on 06 March 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I am not surprised at the POY, what does surprise me is the coach of the year. Coach Williman did a lot with very little and won a piece fo the BVC Championship. He deserved COY honors. I think this is a perfect example of the other BVC coaches black balling him. The other coaches surely recognized what he did, yet they still vote Vermillion?

PostPlayer went on record many times this year talking about all the talent the Devils have. With that said, Williman did it with less.

I honestly don't think Williman gets hung up on the personal accolades, so he will have no ill feelings toward this. He is a great coach, a coach that has taught a lot of basketball to other BVC coaches.

Good post. I heard Arlington had 2 starting 5's this year. LOL

Kidding aside, they are both very good coaches and could of went either way.

#7 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Both are good coaches no question. However, Arlington pummelled LB and I think LB caught Vanlue AND Leipsic on their downside of the season. LB certainly made a lot out of what Williman had to work with, but I also think they were a bit fortunate to catch these teams during their tailspin.

POY - Recker
COY - Vermillion

Girls CO-POY - Recker

It's been a great year for Arlington basketball...time to continue the season tonight for the boys, and Thursday for the girls and get the real hardware everyone wants.
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#8 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostPostPlayer, on 06 March 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Both are good coaches no question. However, Arlington pummelled LB and I think LB caught Vanlue AND Leipsic on their downside of the season. LB certainly made a lot out of what Williman had to work with, but I also think they were a bit fortunate to catch these teams during their tailspin.

POY - Recker
COY - Vermillion

Girls CO-POY - Recker

It's been a great year for Arlington basketball...time to continue the season tonight for the boys, and Thursday for the girls and get the real hardware everyone wants.

Post, I usually enjoy your posts, but this one is a bit off. LB was lucky to catch Vanlue and Leipsic in a tailspin? Maybe Arlington was lucky they caught LB on a off night. One of the key players LB has did not play against Arlington as well. After LB beat Leipsic, I believe Leipsic won the PCL a couple night later.

Coach Williman has again done a great job this year and to share the BVC this year was quite a accomplishment.

#9 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostPostPlayer, on 06 March 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

POY - Recker
COY - Vermillion

Girls CO-POY - Recker

Too often the coach of the year is rubber stamped as whoever wins the league. I don't think anyone was surprised Arlington won the league, not sure anyone though LB would be there. If you want to really look at coach's who surprised this year, look at McComb, who lost nearly everyone last year and won 12 regular season games, and even Cory Rawson, winning 8 games.

#10 slingblade

All District

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Vermillion and the Devils had a great year. But...I would say Williman really did deserve coach of the year. Arlington had the deepest team in the league by far and going 17-3 was not a surprise at all. Now LB going 17-3 was a surprise as most thought they would win 12-15 games.

Common Sense....dont even bring up McComb's surprising season. Have you ever looked at the schedule they had this year? It was maybe the easiest schedule ever. The teams they beat had a combined record of 55-185. During the season they beat 1 team with a winning record and 8 of their wins were against teams with 5 or fewer wins.

The POY could have gone to Recker or Garber and nobody would have questioned it.

Edited by slingblade, 07 March 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#11 FiredupDevil

All District

• Members
  • 151 posts

Member No.: 9094

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

View Postslingblade, on 07 March 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Common Sense....dont even bring up McComb's surprising season. Have you ever looked at the schedule they had this year? It was maybe the easiest schedule ever. The teams they beat had a combined record of 55-185. During the season they beat 1 team with a winning record and 8 of their wins were against teams with 5 or fewer wins.

How many were Non-conference cupcakes??
"Our objective is simple, to make the great state of Ohio proud" Urban F. Meyer

2014 BVC Football Prediction Champ

#12 slingblade

All District

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Over 1/3 of there schedule was non-conference cupcakes.. I know its not the kids fault but it was a pretty easy 12 win season.

7 non conference wins -overall record 33-107
5 BVC wins - overall record 22-78

Edited by slingblade, 07 March 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#13 Ericles

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 5556

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Check out the letter to the editor in today's Courier from the guy all honked off about the selections being a popularity contest and "who your name is." It gave me a chuckle.

#14 slingblade

All District

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Overall I think the picks were pretty good. Some people just dont get it..

Edited by slingblade, 07 March 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#15 basketball 11

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 9265

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

This is a late post on the subject, but looking at all the strong sophomores on several of the teams and if you do look at the stats, the sophomores did get ripped off. Junge, Hunter, Kuhlman and Cytlak are a few that should have been second team. If someone thinks different - prove to me why any of them shouldn't have been on second team? Look at the stats as the article pointed out. I can say one kid on the list is there because of who his dad is.

#16 basketball 11

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postslingblade, on 07 March 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Overall I think the picks were pretty good. Some people just dont get it..

Yeah I agree some people just don't get it. USE THE STATS TO CHOOSE WHO SHOULD GET THESE ACCALADES!! You don't get it.

#17 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

The difference between a senior and an underclassman getting one of these awards is, an underclassman can work harder and do something about it next year. A senior can't.

#18 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm sorry your son didn't get the accalades that he deserved?

#19 basketball 11

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postroarintiger1, on 21 June 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

The difference between a senior and an underclassman getting one of these awards is, an underclassman can work harder and do something about it next year. A senior can't.

If the underclassman is better, then the underclassman should get the awards. Otherwise, the awards mean nothing but a pitty party or again, based on politics.

#20 basketball 11

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Postcaldwell, on 22 June 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry your son didn't get the accalades that he deserved?

That's not the point. Everyone is missing the point. If stats are kept, then when the coaches go into the meetings at the end of the year, they should have the stat sheets pulled up in front of them. They are posted in the Courier weekly. I don't care if your kid is a senior or a freshman. The kid with the best stats should be awarded. Not that they are a senior, their dad kisses but the best, the mom is the best baker, etc. It should be based on something concrete! Something you CAN'T refute.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users