Regional semifinal: Liberty-Benton vs. Archbold

29 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua_Morgret

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 4,541 posts

Member No.: 5546

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

This game is on Tuesday night at 8:30 PM at Ohio Northern University.
Follow me on Twitter, @joshuam2007

#2 Guest_goblue2012_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

I will say.... L-B wins in a close one............ GO EAGLES............

#3 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

This game could go either way in my opinion. I'm gonna give the edge to Liberty Benton though. Should be a good game.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#4 NDLOVER

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 4389

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

How much further can LB go with only 2 scorers? Realize they have 1 great player that can do it all. Would think it catches up with them soon. Are they benefiting from a easy draw? What does Archbold have?

#5 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostNDLOVER, on 06 March 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

How much further can LB go with only 2 scorers? Realize they have 1 great player that can do it all. Would think it catches up with them soon. Are they benefiting from a easy draw? What does Archbold have?

Sometimes that 1 player can make a difference. Whether she does it all or not. But your right how much further can that carry them? I think it will get them past Archbold but its hard telling after that. You could make a case that it was an easy draw for them but there last recent game against Evergreen gave them a close one and I believe Archbold will too.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#6 Guest_goblue2012_*

• Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

L-B has more then 2 people that can score, The game vs. Evergreen was an off night, and Evergreen had a good defence also, I think it will be close, but I think L-B comes out with the win....

#7 Snip

All District

• Members
  • 143 posts

Member No.: 9154

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

All LB has to do is score the first point and then stall the rest of the game. They're getting pretty good at it. Reminds me of the Holgate Boys a few years back when nobody wanted to watch them. I'll watch the game until they start stalling and then I'm leaving. I do support all area teams though and do hope they win.

Edited by Snip, 06 March 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#8 RealitySpeaks

All District

• Members
  • 209 posts

Member No.: 6121

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Other than on film, LB hasn't seen a defense like Archbold will play against them. There's not much else to say... you'll see.
That's just the Reality of it...

#9 NDLOVER

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 4389

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Reality- What else you know about them? Do they have a big time scorer or just good overall balanced scoring?

#10 whodey

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 6889

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Archbold is a defensive team..They will double team when the oppurtunity presents itself.e.g corners,ball screens etc.. From what I've seen,not a very good outside shooting team,or ballhandling team..#15 looks like their best player.more of an inside presence than outside..This being said, they play great defense ,constantly harassing and making it very hard to run an offense..Very difficult getting the ball in bounds vs them as well.. This game could be in the 20's or low 30's

#11 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

T
Craft scored only 4 points in the win over Evergreen. Will have to do much more then that tonight. Have a feeling she is going to have a great game.

#12 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostRealitySpeaks, on 06 March 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Other than on film, LB hasn't seen a defense like Archbold will play against them. There's not much else to say... you'll see.

And LB plays great defense as well. Trademark for any LB basketball team girl or boys.

#13 Snip

All District

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

View Postwhodey, on 06 March 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Archbold is a defensive team..They will double team when the oppurtunity presents itself.e.g corners,ball screens etc.. From what I've seen,not a very good outside shooting team,or ballhandling team..#15 looks like their best player.more of an inside presence than outside..This being said, they play great defense ,constantly harassing and making it very hard to run an offense..Very difficult getting the ball in bounds vs them as well.. This game could be in the 20's or low 30's

One of the best games I watched this year was in the 20's and 30's. Great defensive game and the teams were trying to score. Now if you go and take 4 minutes off of the clock doing a weave out top.........................That's not basketball!!!!!!!

#14 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

If you have foul issues shortening the game is smart coaching.

#15 Snip

All District

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postcubbies4life, on 06 March 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

If you have foul issues shortening the game is smart coaching.

Shortening the game can be a good thing if it gets you a Win. If I had a daughter or relation on the team and "shortening the game" would get them a win, then I would stay and be one of the most vocal fans there. I will be going to watch 4 different games this week and if anyone of them "shoertens the game" then my visit will be short lived. I like watching "basketball". :) Best of luck to the Eagles and hope I stay to the very end to see a hard fought game.

#16 Falcon86

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9209

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostSnip, on 06 March 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Shortening the game can be a good thing if it gets you a Win. If I had a daughter or relation on the team and "shortening the game" would get them a win, then I would stay and be one of the most vocal fans there. I will be going to watch 4 different games this week and if anyone of them "shoertens the game" then my visit will be short lived. I like watching "basketball". :) Best of luck to the Eagles and hope I stay to the very end to see a hard fought game.

This is tournament time.........only the team that wins advances......do what you need to do to win the game.

I was at the game Saturday night and LB had to shorten the game in order to win. Coach Irwin did the right thing.

Snip, you must have been setting in the Evergreen section......there were plenty of snide comments being yelled in the direction of the LB bench..........but at the end of the night - I digress to a cheer the students often use "SCOREBOARD-----SCOREBOARD".

This is tournament time!

#17 Snip

All District

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostFalcon86, on 06 March 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

This is tournament time.........only the team that wins advances......do what you need to do to win the game.

I was at the game Saturday night and LB had to shorten the game in order to win. Coach Irwin did the right thing.

Snip, you must have been setting in the Evergreen section......there were plenty of snide comments being yelled in the direction of the LB bench..........but at the end of the night - I digress to a cheer the students often use "SCOREBOARD-----SCOREBOARD".

This is tournament time!

No I was not in the Evergreen section and you won't hear me say anything negetive towards any H.S. ballplayers. If I do I welcome anyone to correct me. I just want to see a hard fought ballgame to the end. No stall ball just becuase you have the lead. You leave it all out on the floor for 4 full quarters.

#18 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well I believe it was all left on th floor sat night Anthony Wayne
Working on the Chain Gang

#19 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Could be a great game. Does LB have enough to stay with Archbold's depth? Can Craft really afford to play defense with the possibility of getting in foul trouble? I think Archbold's depth and numbers will prevail. Craft has a big game, but it's not enough.

#20 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Archbold forced a lot of turn overs tonight, but they also committed a lot of fouls in the process puting L-B at the line a lot which was the difference in thes game
Working on the Chain Gang

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users