OG baseball

61 replies to this topic

#61 atheplatejoe

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Member No.: 7300

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Procell, may I call you by your first name? So Brad, your son is a good kid imo. He is also a good ball player. I don't think anyone can dispute that. Is he better then everyone he has played with or against when playing for the Legion or OG, no. Is he better then some of them, yes. I think the problem is, two things and it has nothing to do with your son Casey. I think the problem is you too want to hide here behind a name and brag up your kid.

But you don't want to tell everything here or in person. The coaches on both teams (legion and OG) have been left in the dark as to when or if Casey will appear. Is he going to play or isn't he? Why have your wisdom teeth pulled the week the season begins when he doesn't play any other sport? If he has no intention on playing or has plans to go on vacation or whatever, you owe it to the coaches and even more so his teammates to tell them. And give them plenty of notice to make other plans. Don't play petty games. Those games not only get you a poor reputation but also then Casey. And I don't think that kid deserves that.

Also, as I said before when you start putting out there all this "He is going to Tennessee" when he hasn't played his junior year, you are only setting this kid up for a fall. If he doesn't do well, get's hurt, or even just doesn't do as well as one of his teammates or even someone else in the league, there will be some to make that point. I personally wouldn't even make it known until far into his senior year that he is playing somewhere and I am not even sure I would do it then. Being a dad isn't about bragging, sometimes it should be more about protecting them for places like this. Go home tonight, skip the bar, and be a dad. That would be a good start.

#62 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

thread is roadkill............for now

home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users