61 replies to this topic

#21 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (baseballguru @ Dec 17 2010, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't compare the sports. Basketball, you can change players at will. If the program isn't about winning then why keep score or won-loss records?

well if the kids aren't playing anyhow what is it gonna hurt to start them? the kid going in for him won't get hurt by the re-entry rule which is the normal starter anyway. records are for sports writers and people who only look at one part of the game. HS sports are about teaching kids and letting them learn not only how to deal w/certain situations both life and sports, but also helping them get better if they so desire to try and get that next level. it isn't like you are pulling your starters for a tourney game. now i wouldn't pull my ace from starting to put in little johnny but more times than not u could get them in somehow. 9 players compared to only 5 in basketball on the field/court at one time.
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#22 baseballguru

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Member No.: 7290

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (labatts69 @ Dec 17 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well if the kids aren't playing anyhow what is it gonna hurt to start them? the kid going in for him won't get hurt by the re-entry rule which is the normal starter anyway. records are for sports writers and people who only look at one part of the game. HS sports are about teaching kids and letting them learn not only how to deal w/certain situations both life and sports, but also helping them get better if they so desire to try and get that next level. it isn't like you are pulling your starters for a tourney game. now i wouldn't pull my ace from starting to put in little johnny but more times than not u could get them in somehow. 9 players compared to only 5 in basketball on the field/court at one time.
I agree with your statements, however,this thread was started with starting the seniors on their final home game.If you play ball you know that more times than not the ball will find your weakest defensive player. Being a home game the possibility of digging a hole you can't come back from. Team losses do go on the coaches record. dry.gif

#23 Winstoncup

All District

• Members
  • 166 posts

Member No.: 3303

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

Anyhow.....Miller does a fine job...the kids respect him and he respects them.........
OG should be OK the next 2 years.....not great, but OK.....
They do have a fantastic freshman class with several very good players as well as a solid sophomore class who should make the following 2-3 years very good for OG.....
The difference with this group is that they all enjoy baseball as a top sport and it certainly looks like that will continue and will all play through the years...

#24 Cubbyfan

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 8090

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Meathead @ Nov 26 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Falcon your right once in high school alot of it depends on what your friends do or you will be out of the loop. This freshmen group had two great spring ball seasons in 7th and 8th grade hopfully they stay together. They said a couple boys played jr acme and even acme last year

Word around is that there is a potential stud pitcher in the Freshman class and a good CF and catcher in the soph class. Some good young players.

#25 DC/MS

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Member No.: 1707

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

I think Coach Miller does a fine job. Behind the scene stuff, I am not familiar with.
awjeez.jpgawjeez.jpg

#26 mister perfect

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 8166

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (DC/MS @ Mar 3 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Coach Miller does a fine job. Behind the scene stuff, I am not familiar with.

I am not sure how much respect the players have for any of the coaches....

#27 mister perfect

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Cubbyfan @ Feb 27 2011, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Word around is that there is a potential stud pitcher in the Freshman class and a good CF and catcher in the soph class. Some good young players.

That stud pitcher is a freshman. He pitched on the ACME team this summer. Rumor has it he was topping out around 80. He really worked hard in the off season too. I look for him to struggle first on but he may find his groove later in the season. OG also has a junior that hasn't pitched in a varsity game but is rumored to throwing around 87. I haven't seen him pitch for awhile but if these rumors are true OG baseball is going to have a bright future.

#28 Cubbyfan

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (mister perfect @ Mar 4 2011, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That stud pitcher is a freshman. He pitched on the ACME team this summer. Rumor has it he was topping out around 80. He really worked hard in the off season too. I look for him to struggle first on but he may find his groove later in the season. OG also has a junior that hasn't pitched in a varsity game but is rumored to throwing around 87. I haven't seen him pitch for awhile but if these rumors are true OG baseball is going to have a bright future.

This team could be exciting to watch with the young pups and you know Coach Miller will have them scoring runs.

#29 titanman

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 147

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (mister perfect @ Mar 5 2011, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is not the recipe for winning if thats the case.

#30 outsideshooter

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 4968

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (mister perfect @ Mar 4 2011, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they have respect for coach meyer but not so much for miller

#31 Cubbyfan

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (outsideshooter @ Mar 17 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they have respect for coach meyer but not so much for miller

Word is there are distractions on the squad with one key player not coming to early practices and his Dad telling the coaches what position he can play.

#32 FanMan

All State

• Members
  • 572 posts

Member No.: 5169

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Cubbyfan @ Mar 18 2011, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Word is there are distractions on the squad with one key player not coming to early practices and his Dad telling the coaches what position he can play.

Practice started March 7th and everyone who was supposed to be there was there. A lot of kids didn't show up to the voluntary workouts....heck, a couple weeks they only had 10 kids when at least 20 were available. Don't start stuff when you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by FanMan, 18 March 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#33 mister perfect

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (FanMan @ Mar 18 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Practice started March 7th and everyone who was supposed to be there was there. A lot of kids didn't show up to the voluntary workouts....heck, a couple weeks they only had 10 kids when at least 20 were available. Don't start stuff when you don't know what you're talking about.

I heard a player was not at "mandatory" practice today and he is not going to be there tomorrow and no it was not basketball players who just got knocked out of the tournament. That says a lot about how much he really cares for the team. Fan Man get your facts straight before saying something. And also why didn't you have a come back with the part where his dad is telling the coaches what position to play him.

Edited by mister perfect, 18 March 2011 - 09:25 PM.

#34 BGR_80

All District

• Members
  • 271 posts

Member No.: 3195

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

Sometimes I can only set and laugh at folks from Ottawa; you sure know how to make an a-- of yourself. You have one of the top players in the country on your team. You come on here and bash him on a public forum behind a screen name. My guess; you can only wish you or your son was half as good as him. I am sure he has been preparing for the season all winter; what has the other players been doing? My guess would be if he is not at a mandatory pratice it is for a good reason and excused by the head coach.

Continue to stir the pot my friend!

Edited by BGR_80, 18 March 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#35 mister perfect

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (BGR_80 @ Mar 18 2011, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes I can only set and laugh at folks from Ottawa; you sure know how to make an a-- of yourself. You have one of the top players in the country on your team. You come on here and bash him on a public forum behind a screen name. My guess; you can only wish you or your son was half as good as him. I am sure he has been preparing for the season all winter; what has the other players been doing? My guess would be if he is not at a mandatory pratice it is for a good reason and excused by the head coach.

The other players on the team you speak of have been showing up to voluntary practices all winter unlike one player on the team. Also, other players on the team showed up to every game last year. How can you you consider him one of the best players in the nation when he has done nothing to prove himself. He hit under .300 his freshman year and ended up being injured at the of the year. He has done nothing to prove that he is good enough to sign with a D-1 school.(By the way that school is in trouble with recruiting right now) Maybe if he has a good season without getting injured I can see him being able to play for a D-1 school. Nobody works harder than him in the area, but really is he good enough to play D-1 baseball?

#36 2btitan

All League

• Members
  • 57 posts

Member No.: 4182

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (mister perfect @ Mar 19 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other players on the team you speak of have been showing up to voluntary practices all winter unlike one player on the team. Also, other players on the team showed up to every game last year. How can you you consider him one of the best players in the nation when he has done nothing to prove himself. He hit under .300 his freshman year and ended up being injured at the of the year. He has done nothing to prove that he is good enough to sign with a D-1 school.(By the way that school is in trouble with recruiting right now) Maybe if he has a good season without getting injured I can see him being able to play for a D-1 school. Nobody works harder than him in the area, but really is he good enough to play D-1 baseball?

yes he is!

#37 Cubbyfan

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (FanMan @ Mar 18 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems like I hit a nerve here.

#38 FanMan

All State

• Members
  • 572 posts

Member No.: 5169

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Cubbyfan @ Mar 19 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like I hit a nerve here.

Not really.....just stating the facts.....have a great weekend cool.gif

#39 BGR_80

All District

• Members
  • 271 posts

Member No.: 3195

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (mister perfect @ Mar 19 2011, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Time will tell my friend; beleive it or not there are folks with a lot more baseball knowledge than you and I. They have him rated very capable of playing DI baseball and above. He has proved his talents at much higher levels than local high school baseball that is average at best in this area. Sorry to inform you but there are alot better options out there than Ottawa sports.

When it is all said and done; he'll have the last laugh. Looking back at you still sitting in Ottawa posting things on a public forum about the next kid you might be jealous of.

Continue to stir the pot and try to break him down; it will not matter in the end. biggrin.gif

#40 Cubbyfan

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (BGR_80 @ Mar 18 2011, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You seem to have a bit of an attitude, my friend. Number one now you re now bashing Ottawa. No one here is bashing the kid, but when you make him a public figure with press releases and declaring him "one of the best players in the country," you certainly open things up for discussion. After all this is a forum for discussion. According to the press release a few months ago he is being recruited as a cather third baseman. My question is...is he going to catch this spring...if not, why not? Not bashing him...just a question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users