22 replies to this topic

#21 JackCord4

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 411 posts

Member No.: 2876

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (countywidehasbeen @ Nov 12 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad the JUCO topic came up. I did some research into this back in the Spring of 2009. I get Collegiate Baseball newspaper, and every Spring it has the Top 25 rankings for DI DII DIII and NAIA, as well as NJCAA DI DII & DIII. In the ranking they have listings of returning players, as well as NEWCOMERS.

I tallied up the total of all NEWCOMERS from DI DII & DIII.

What I discovered was that back in Spring 2009; 22% of NEWCOMERS to the teams in the Top 25 Pre-season DI rankings were Juco transfers or other transfers in general. That surprised me. I thought that there would be more JUCO transfers into the Top 25 teams, but in actualality the Top 25 teams are "almost always" going to get the recruits they are after. However, I'm sure the lesser NCAA DI schools do have to scour the JUCO ranks.

Where I was shellshocked was in DII. In Spring of 2009, I had it tallied at like 77% of NEWCOMERS to the Top 25 NCAA DII schools were JUCO or other transfers in general.

The DIII Juco transfer rate was less than 10%, from what I recall.

JUCOs are good for helping student/athletes adjust in the classroom too. I know of a athlete that is being recruited by some schools (different sport) but she is going to a JUCO for a year to work on her GPA a little.

#22 sauceyboy

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 4406

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (9-1 @ Nov 4 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone seen Mike Snider from LCC play? He is a stud. A man among boys as one might say. This kid has a stellar arm and outstanding batting mechanics. Look for him to be a buckeye in the futute and possibly be drafted into the MLB within the next few years.

I believe Cheney was NWC poy last year. Not all american snider

#23 pederwithad

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 7062

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (sauceyboy @ Mar 3 2011, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe Cheney was NWC poy last year. Not all american snider

Synder is a puss-cake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users