48 replies to this topic

#1 BaseballFanatic

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 6165

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

LCC 1 Riverdale 4
Riverdale's pitcher played amazing. Last inning Bluffton players were cheering for Riverdale. Shows zero class and I hope that St. Henry destroys them. Absolutely no class and no respect for their fellow NWC. It's ridiculous how cocky they are when I have a feeling they'll lose big today.

#2 jawbreaker

All State

• Members
  • 587 posts

Member No.: 1996

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ May 8 2010, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In all my years of watching high school sports, I saw something today that is simply unbelievable! Riverdale and LCC were involved in a great baseball game. 1-1 top of 7 playing in very crappy conditions. Up to this point both teams played well given the conditions. Bluffton's team shows up and takes their seats near the Riverdale dugout. Riverdale gets two guys on and they hit a three run shot, (wind blown) but a shot, off the LCC pitcher, who had matched the Riverdale stud inning for inning to this point.

When the ball cleared the fence, the entire Bluffton team stood up and cheered and yelled louder than the excited Riverdale fans. Now it is fine to have a competive dislike for a team in your conference when you play them and Bluffton and LCC played one of the best games I have seen in HS baseball in some time. But what I witnessed today from the Bluffton players and coaches was simply unbelievable.

I guess the most telling part was when the LCC fans were leaving the field, several told the bluffton coaches who were still standing by the exit, how nice of them to root against a fellow conference team, and their response was "stay classy LCC".

Good Luck to Riverdale, Coldwater and St Henry. Bluffton baseball.....way to act like you've been there before.

rolleyes.gif

All this from a LCC fan. Go figure.

There is no reason for a team to root for a fellow conference team.....unless you are part of the SEC of course.

#3 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

I removed my original post because I am not trying to get into a back and forth with people about this, then realized it is still in JawBreakers reply. I guess it was disapointing to see Bluffton act that way, especially at such an emotional moment in the game for the LCC team and it's seniors. You don't have to root for a conference team but to be so vocal against one is really something. I heard Bluffton beat St Henry and no one that I know questions this teams talent but that display was a message that I hope LCC baseball remembers.

#4 thebighurt

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Member No.: 1766

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

Bluffton 11
St Henry 1. 6 inn.

#5 Baseballfan3

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 6172

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (BaseballFanatic @ May 8 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LCC 1 Riverdale 4
Riverdale's pitcher played amazing. Last inning Bluffton players were cheering for Riverdale. Shows zero class and I hope that St. Henry destroys them. Absolutely no class and no respect for their fellow NWC. It's ridiculous how cocky they are when I have a feeling they'll lose big today.

11-1 Bluffton wins in 6

#6 polo99

All League

• Members
  • 42 posts

Member No.: 2760

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

I witnessed this first hand. Yes Bluffton cheered when Riverdale hit the home run in the top of the 7th, but I believe its ok to NOT cheer for your conference team especially when LCC isn't always classy themselves. Also, it seemed LCC fueled the fire by YELLING things at the Bluffton players when all the players were doing was cheering for Riverdale.

#7 pokercat

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 6137

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

Wow this is really surprising.. But looking back at the LCC sports season in the NWC here is what I came up with.. Main Boys Sports.. Football LCC 7-1 (2nd in NWC) destroyed Bluffton Basketball LCC 9-0 (Conference and state champs)destroyed Bluffton. Baseball LCC 7-1 in NWC lost to Bluffton in tight game .. So LCC is 23-2 this year in the Big 3 sports.. Maybe Bluffton is just happy to see LCC lose in something..I agree with gumshoe.. You don't have to root for your conference opponent,but probably should not of rooted against..

#8 blue2010

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Member No.: 5768

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

haha..whats the big deal? this is highschool baseball..let the kids have fun. most schools in the nwc will root against lcc..most schools in the nwc if not all..dont really like lcc..i bet lebron would like it if kobe didnt make it to the finals. i bet bluffton would like it if lcc lost. i dont see the big problem in this! thats the fun in highschool sports.

Congrats to the pirates on a great win! Cheney pitched a great game.

Edited by blue2010, 09 May 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#9 hunt4em

All District

• Members
  • 256 posts

Member No.: 4444

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

I guess this means LCC won't be doing any recruiting at Bluffton for next years team?

#10 BaseballFanatic

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Take a shot at LCC for recruiting once again? Its funny because LCC for the most part dominates the NWC. Not every sport all the time but they do win....A LOT...And its funny because if they didnt win then nobody would bring up recruiting. Thats ridiculous. LCC does not recruit. Maybe good athletes transfer there just because they want to win? Because all of the other NWC teams just arent that good. At least not good for generations but only for time periods? Thats ridiculous hunt4em get ur facts right.

#11 polo99

All League

• Members
  • 42 posts

Member No.: 2760

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

LCC has never been good for generations? In fact, prior to the Cooper era, they were a doormat for every NWC team who played against them. (i.e. Bluffton)

#12 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Isn't this a baseball thread? LCC Baseball has been good for many years. In fact they have a State Semi Final appearence in the early 90's and two Regional appearances. The same year LCC went to state, so did Perry a NWC school, i believe at the time. Both schools cheered for each and developed friendships. This would be unlike the current NWC teams and others who need to conjure reasons for LCC's success to help their own low self esteem.

I don't think anyone at LCC cares if the rest of the league likes them. Rivalry is a good thing. Really it is better motavation than what the others use with the "oh they recruit crying act." Bluffton showed their true colors on Saturday in a manner that went well beyond anonymous hating on a website. I will give them credit, they had the balls to stand up and do it in front of God and everyone and I just hope LCC baseball remembers that down the road.

Bluffton is very talented this year and that brings a level of confidence and or cockiness. I got no problem with that. But that display was unnecesary regardless of what you believe LCC does or doesn't do. Perry has been to state from the NWC, LCC has been to State, will see about Bluffton, summer doesn't really count now, though LCC has done that as well. I hope the baseball gods will take care of Bluffton if Coldwater doesn't. At one time I was happy for Bluffton to be able to win their first conference title but now I will take great pleasure in them hopefully having to share it with Paulding and LCC! Way to go Paulding!

Edited by Gumshoe, 10 May 2010 - 12:57 PM.

#13 fountainsofwisdom

All League

• Members
  • 32 posts

Member No.: 3571
  • Location:40�53′38″N 83�53′30″W / 40.89389�N 83.89167�W / 40.89389; -83.89167

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

Please tell us of the sin that bluffton committed.

Edited by fountainsofwisdom, 10 May 2010 - 01:07 PM.

#14 BGR_80

All District

• Members
  • 271 posts

Member No.: 3195

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

Who really cares what team Bluffton supported or did not support on Saturday? It would be nice to hear about the game and how well the kids from Riverdale must have played. It certainly had to be a well pitched and played game on both sides of the diamond. How does the pitcher from Riverdale stack up against some of the other top pitchers in the Lima area and southwest of Lima?

#15 BaseballFanatic

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (BGR_80 @ May 10 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who really cares what team Bluffton supported or did not support on Saturday? It would be nice to hear about the game and how well the kids from Riverdale must have played. It certainly had to be a well pitched and played game on both sides of the diamond. How does the pitcher from Riverdale stack up against some of the other top pitchers in the Lima area and southwest of Lima?

Thank you we can get away from the negativity in this thread. But Riverdales pittcher "Derek Draper" is outstanding. He is going to play at Bowling Green or Findlay and throws around 85 with a commanding curveball. He hits his spots and doesn't make too many mistakes. Other than him Riverdale is relatively weak at every position. Some of their players are decent and hit a couple shots in the wind but Draper is their team. Coldwater will have a tough time hitting but they will win.

#16 stinkycheese

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Member No.: 4811

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ May 10 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't this a baseball thread? LCC Baseball has been good for many years. In fact they have a State Semi Final appearence in the early 90's and two Regional appearances. The same year LCC went to state, so did Perry a NWC school, i believe at the time. Both schools cheered for each and developed friendships. This would be unlike the current NWC teams and others who need to conjure reasons for LCC's success to help their own low self esteem.

I don't think anyone at LCC cares if the rest of the league likes them. Rivalry is a good thing. Really it is better motavation than what the others use with the "oh they recruit crying act." Bluffton showed their true colors on Saturday in a manner that went well beyond anonymous hating on a website. I will give them credit, they had the balls to stand up and do it in front of God and everyone and I just hope LCC baseball remembers that down the road.

Bluffton is very talented this year and that brings a level of confidence and or cockiness. I got no problem with that. But that display was unnecesary regardless of what you believe LCC does or doesn't do. Perry has been to state from the NWC, LCC has been to State, will see about Bluffton, summer doesn't really count now, though LCC has done that as well. I hope the baseball gods will take care of Bluffton if Coldwater doesn't. At one time I was happy for Bluffton to be able to win their first conference title but now I will take great pleasure in them hopefully having to share it with Paulding and LCC! Way to go Paulding!

wow whats the big deal about all of this Bluffton cheered for another team big deal...... this is what i heard at the end of the game when the Riverdale hit the homerun... bluffton stood up and cheered for them noo big deal right? ? then an lcc fan shouts clear across the stands for everyone to hear in quote... "I hope St. Henry kick your ass"... if anything the adults from lcc showed there true colors for being sore losers that game.

#17 blue2010

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Member No.: 5768

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

anyways..riverdale and bluffton move on..how will these teams future look this year?

#18 justin44

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 3352

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (blue2010 @ May 10 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyways..riverdale and bluffton move on..how will these teams future look this year?

Draper will have some success as Coldwater is not as dominant a team as last year, but look for the Cavs to come out on top as Riverdale will not be able to hit Wenning

Bluffton will win their first game in districts as PH sectional not very good. Titans are the top team up there(I hope) but whoever wins tonight or Wednesday at PH just isn't in the same class as any team in Lima Senior sectional.

In the finals look for Coldwater to avenge last summer's 1-0 loss since their #2 is better than Bluffton's

Edited by justin44, 10 May 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#19 jawbreaker

All State

• Members
  • 587 posts

Member No.: 1996

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ May 10 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It must be nice to say all that and not say a thing about what was said to the Bluffton players and coaches from some LCC fans. Bluffton might not last much longer in the tournament but I am sure they would love to have some more of that "LCC support" that was given their way before the game. huh.gif

#20 sauceyboy

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 4406

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Who cares there rivals! let kids be kids. all about class and everything..i bet lcc shows alot of class out on the gridiron! stop acting like lcc is the perfect display of how schools should be. go recruit a little harder and maybe you could win nwc in football basketall and baseball.. boxing.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users