Freshman Standouts

83 replies to this topic

#21 thepowerofaiceberg

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Member No.: 1206

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(SportsJunkie @ Oct 18 2006, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i am not sure on how many starters adas varstiy has back this year but i know there is quite a few, as i said in my previous post i think 16 was the catcher for the pony league, and yes dysert is a catcher, i have seen that 16 play a few positions and he was a decent fielder from 3rd base as well i believe he could play that to, but honestly in ada the person who has the best shot at a spot on varsity as a freshman is simmons

Well i went and watched a couple of ada's pony league games and i was really impressed with Tyler simmons. This Kid Is Good. #16 on there team i wasnt real impressed with. And tyler simmons led the pony league team in batting average not #16. I do belive his name is cody mattson. Tyler will be more likely to get some varsity time this year than any other freshman on the team. Cody plays catcher and that posistion is taken by Zac dysert. If cody is going to play third he has to beat out a 3 year letter winner to play that and personally that wont happened.

#22 SportsJunkie

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 1020

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

i never said mattson (if that is who he is) would play varsity, the post was about talented freshmen players comming up

#23 sportsfreak

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 1207

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(SportsJunkie @ Oct 20 2006, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i never said mattson (if that is who he is) would play varsity, the post was about talented freshmen players comming up
Considering that ada has a high amount af starters coming back simmons has a good chance at starting this year.

#24 SportsJunkie

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 1020

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

how does having a lot of starters comming back, give simmons a good chance, i think you should think before you post

#25 thepowerofaiceberg

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Member No.: 1206

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(SportsJunkie @ Oct 22 2006, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how does having a lot of starters comming back, give simmons a good chance, i think you should think before you post

It doesnt matter how many starters ada has coming back this year because this kid is really good. He may not get to start at the beginning of the season but midway through he will be starting. Tyler plays short stop and ada lost a 3 year letter winner so he will have a good chance to step up and start this year.

#26 osufan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 1274

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

MC has a good freshman class coming up. They won the championship in Pony League last year. They have 3 good players. A Niese, Vennekotter, and Lammers are perty good. I watched one of there games last year. Niese is a good picher and Vennekotter is behind the plate is a great combination. All three play baseball outside of the season.

#27 Bigboy

• Members
  • 19 posts

Member No.: 1310

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

in the bvc i think arlington has a big class of freshmen comin up to play Kevin rogers mat morehart zane leonard and justin bruley are the 4 that stick ouut the most in that class

#28 osufan1

All League

• Members
  • 50 posts

Member No.: 1283

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

well big boy i think libertys freshmen class is just as good. they have pasche, coppes, and dont forget about van buren either with lasley and jamison and bell.

#29 Bigboy

• Members
  • 19 posts

Member No.: 1310

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

true osufan1 but van buren just has Jamison lasley isnt that good and liberty will have a good class but arlingtons is better

#30 b-town pirates

All State

• Members
  • 759 posts

Member No.: 1737

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:44 AM

from what i've heard bluffton doesn't have a bad freshman class coming up...they have won a few hancock county league's beating van buren...

#31 thebighurt

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Member No.: 1766

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

is bogart the side arm fella who throws kinda hard?...i thought he was a sophomore?

#32 thebighurt

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

i was told by lasley himself that he isnt going to play.....and jamison would be a heck of a lot better if he had a change up or a decent curve....when you constently throw a fast-ball any teams going to catch up....i think i heard someone say bluffton or liberty benton...one of the two, run ruled VB, shelled off Jamison....and no, bluffton doenst have a bad frosh class coming up. With Skilliter, Devier, Anderson, and Atkins...and i also heard a new name, ummm Suder or something. i gues shes a pretty hard throwing righty who played for the Northwest Ohio Fire team out of findlay.

heres what i think about Van Buren
theres,
Jamison-hard thrower, lanky kid, brings a pretty hot bat, but not emotionaly stable
Lasley-isnt playing
The rest of the class of 2010-not going to improve the JV team

Bluffton

Devier- great outfielder, great arm (not for pitching), pretty good bat, tremendous speed
Skilliter- 1st base phenom, brings a pretty nice bat, not going to be a huge factor on the mound quite yet
Anderson-pretty versitile player, short 2nd, OF, good bat, nice speed
Atkins-not to much other than his bat, probably wont letter quite yet
Suder-dont know much about him, heard a lot though.
Rest of team- the have won three hancock county titles together. playing against Van Buren, Liberty Benton, and other pretty good teams.

bluffton baseball looks like it could be very good in the future. once the frosh and the 8th grade gets to be upper classmen, they could be a contender in the NWC.

#33 SportsFan24/7

All District

• Members
  • 250 posts

Member No.: 206

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

big hurt....don't know anything about Bogart or CG, but if you look at the dates on this thread...they are covering two different seasons....it started out discussing kids who were going to be freshmen last season....and has continued....so most likely he was a freshman when it was posted, but is now heading into starting his sophomore season.

#34 b-town pirates

All State

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

it was bluffton who run ruled Van buren...and jamison would be a great pitcher if he just had a change up!...he can sure smoke the ball...the new kid from bluffton is named suderman...yeah i hear he has a good arm...haven't gotten a chance to see him pitch though...and yes bogart is a sophmore....he throws pretty hard...not nearly as hard as jamison...

#35 BlueZebra

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 1360

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Has Bluffton found a new coach yet?

#36 thebighurt

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

yes bluffton has found a new coach....i guy from lcc or lima senior

#37 b-town pirates

All State

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

he is from lima senior...ben thaxton?...dont know much about him...but their assistant i might have already mentioned played for florida AM and led the nation in triples in 1998 so he shoud bring some knowledge in the hitting department

#38 b-town pirates

All State

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

hey bighurt...you from bluffton also?

#39 thebighurt

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

no im not...i live right outside of findlay. and thank you for the suderman* correction....is he really as good as i have been hearing?

#40 thebighurt

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

big boy, yes arlington and Liberty bentons classes are good, but i would still have to say blufftons is better. i believe bluffton run ruled both teams on there way to there second Hancock County league title 2 years ago. I would say LB's sophomore class were better frosh than this years class. Lieb and Shuler were both great pitchers.

ive also recently heard of a guy from Delphos Jefferson named Craig Carter. i guess he was a great pitcher two years ago but hurt his arm recently....so we will have to see what happens with him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users