PCL 2010

106 replies to this topic

#41 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Member No.: 532

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

i heard paulding was horrible the past couple years..and im pretty sure miller city plays LCC, bluffton and crestview as well. MAYBE not crestview..but pretty sure the other two.

#42 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:15 AM

Out of league games can be misleading in H.S. baseball. Most coaches save their aces for the league games. You sometimes see the third and fourth pitchers in these cross league games. Tournament will show the true story.

#43 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 6070

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (caldwell @ Apr 30 2010, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Out of league games can be misleading in H.S. baseball. Most coaches save their aces for the league games. You sometimes see the third and fourth pitchers in these cross league games. Tournament will show the true story.

hey now your gettin my point i'm sure you all know Grove is in 2 differnt leagues PCL and NWC.....so they get both leagues ace and/or number 2 pitchers to hit against (witch doesn't help the battin avg).....i'm not up on all the PCL teams and the pitching they have..... i do know MC is the best team by far.......do i think Lammers is the best pitcher in the PCL yes i do...... i don't think anyone in the PCL would disagree......all i'm sayin is the POY should go to the best player(who ever it is) not the best pitcher.......no matter what leauge your in

#44 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ Apr 30 2010, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey now your gettin my point i'm sure you all know Grove is in 2 differnt leagues PCL and NWC.....so they get both leagues ace and/or number 2 pitchers to hit against (witch doesn't help the battin avg).....i'm not up on all the PCL teams and the pitching they have..... i do know MC is the best team by far.......do i think Lammers is the best pitcher in the PCL yes i do...... i don't think anyone in the PCL would disagree......all i'm sayin is the POY should go to the best player(who ever it is) not the best pitcher.......no matter what leauge your in

The best pitcher in the PCL, tournament will tell. Grove has a pretty good one. Kalida has one building innings on rehab?

POY goes to Hovest are co-POY's Hovest & Lammers

#45 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Coach Normous @ Apr 29 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Playing every team in the PCL twice gives you better competition as well. I do not know stats but I do know that he was getting walked a lot early on.

lol.......better competition........ just looked at who they were picking for NWC POY........Hovest will be lucky to make first team in that league

#46 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (sportsnut @ Apr 29 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i heard paulding was horrible the past couple years..and im pretty sure miller city plays LCC, bluffton and crestview as well. MAYBE not crestview..but pretty sure the other two.

just looked at MC schedule you only play 1 NWC team and thats Lincolnview

#47 Candy

All District

• Members
  • 289 posts

Member No.: 792

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

Well to know fault of Miller City. Bluffton canceled on them to play league game, and LCC canceled on them because of their senior play. That was all this week.

And they do play Delphos Jefferson as well. So that makes 4 and not 1.

Edited by Candy, 01 May 2010 - 05:55 PM.

#48 Rooney

All District

• Members
  • 110 posts

Member No.: 883

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ May 1 2010, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just looked at MC schedule you only play 1 NWC team and thats Lincolnview

Just went to Kalida's baseball website to check on your comments that I take to mean "weak" Putnam County League. Here's what it says : the Wildcats played Crestview in doubleheader (split 1-1) lost to LCC 5-4 (and play them twice also) along with Delphos Jefferson,Spencerville,Lincolnview,Allen East. Other notable leagues they scheduled: Delphos St Johns (MAC) Ayersville,Holgate (GMC) Liberty Benton,Cory Rawson (BVC) Ottawa Glandorf (WBL) Not stating anything but the obvious-they play several of the powers from the NWC- and 4 games are with two of the best in that league. So, I'm not sure the comment about the PCL as a whole is deserving. The last 20 years or so Kalida has represented the league well in high school baseball as far as tournament play goes.

#49 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Rooney @ May 1 2010, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just went to Kalida's baseball website to check on your comments that I take to mean "weak" Putnam County League. Here's what it says : the Wildcats played Crestview in doubleheader (split 1-1) lost to LCC 5-4 (and play them twice also) along with Delphos Jefferson,Spencerville,Lincolnview,Allen East. Other notable leagues they scheduled: Delphos St Johns (MAC) Ayersville,Holgate (GMC) Liberty Benton,Cory Rawson (BVC) Ottawa Glandorf (WBL) Not stating anything but the obvious-they play several of the powers from the NWC- and 4 games are with two of the best in that league. So, I'm not sure the comment about the PCL as a whole is deserving. The last 20 years or so Kalida has represented the league well in high school baseball as far as tournament play goes.

Roonney i wasn't talkin about the PLC as a whole being weak..... i was talkin about MC schedule.....and i never said it was their fault for havin a weak schedule......i just thought it was funny when i seen the Hovest kid and Lammers kid were going at it for POY in the PCL......... and when i looked at who they were picking in the NWC the Hovest wasn't even on the first team list in our league...........and yeah i agree Kalida and MC are the top teams in the PCL year in and year out..... i just got a kick out of the Hovest kid in the hunt for POY in one league and not even mentioned in the other

#50 Candy

All District

• Members
  • 289 posts

Member No.: 792

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ May 1 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roonney i wasn't talkin about the PLC as a whole being weak..... i was talkin about MC schedule.....and i never said it was their fault for havin a weak schedule......i just thought it was funny when i seen the Hovest kid and Lammers kid were going at it for POY in the PCL......... and when i looked at who they were picking in the NWC the Hovest wasn't even on the first team list in our league...........and yeah i agree Kalida and MC are the top teams in the PCL year in and year out..... i just got a kick out of the Hovest kid in the hunt for POY in one league and not even mentioned in the other

Something to think about... Obviously Grove decided that this year would be a better year to try for the PCL title. Which they have a guaranteed share of. The Hovest kid has pitched most of the PCL games. Therefore not being seen by the NWC teams. It must be tough to play any sport in two leagues, but baseball especially with the pitching aspect. Either player would be deserving.

#51 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Candy @ May 1 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something to think about... Obviously Grove decided that this year would be a better year to try for the PCL title. Which they have a guaranteed share of. The Hovest kid has pitched most of the PCL games. Therefore not being seen by the NWC teams. It must be tough to play any sport in two leagues, but baseball especially with the pitching aspect. Either player would be deserving.

yeah they probley thought the NWC title was going to be way to hard to win with all the competition this year....lol

#52 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

at least you can say one thing about Grove ............all the batting stats are legitimate and not inflated by alot of out of league #3 and 4 pitchers............i'm sure they have seen more #1 and 2 pitchers then both leagues have........and thats gotta suck

#53 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ May 1 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No respect to Leipsic they have won the league 10 times to Kalida 11 and Leipsic also plays in two leagues and has won the BVC 15 times. Leipsic has been to regonials more than Kalida and Leipsic actually beat MC last year in districts to go to regionals. Leipsic has beaten kalida the last two years and is currently 14-5.

#54 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (dw629 @ May 3 2010, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No respect to Leipsic they have won the league 10 times to Kalida 11 and Leipsic also plays in two leagues and has won the BVC 15 times. Leipsic has been to regonials more than Kalida and Leipsic actually beat MC last year in districts to go to regionals. Leipsic has beaten kalida the last two years and is currently 14-5.

Did Leipsic get seeded in their sectional? Who do they play? When?

#55 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (caldwell @ May 3 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Leipsic get seeded in their sectional? Who do they play? When?

Here it is from the other post. No they did not get a 1 or 2 seed.

At Columbus Grove High School
Upper Bracket
Kalida (8-7) vs. Pandora-Gilboa (5-11), May 8,
Winner vs. Miller City (14-3) for sectional championship, May 12
Lower Bracket
Leipsic (14-5) vs. Cory-Rawson (7-7), May 8
Winner vs. Columbus Grove (13-8) for sectional championship, May 13
Sectional winners advance to Elida district
Miller City seeded No. 1, Columbus Grove seeded No. 2
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#56 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Also Leipsic has 1 senior and plays 5 sophs..

#57 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

My bet is on Grove and Kalida to come out of this Sectional.

Grove has home field advantage and one good pitcher. plus the easier bracket.
Kalida needs to slip by Pandora without using too much pitching. Heard their bats beat up Ft. Jenning's Ace pretty good last week.

Rain could deside this sectional

#58 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Member No.: 532

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (caldwell @ May 3 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bet is on Grove and Kalida to come out of this Sectional.

Grove has home field advantage and one good pitcher. plus the easier bracket.
Kalida needs to slip by Pandora without using too much pitching. Heard their bats beat up Ft. Jenning's Ace pretty good last week.

Rain could deside this sectional

Lammers will be pitching against Kalida. I dont think they can slip by MC with him pitching. It's going to be a good one dont get me wrong, but MC will take this one

#59 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

Heard Basinger will be pitching by thesecond game? Basing my prediction on this. Could be interesting.
A rested Hovest should carry Grove through sectionals

#60 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

just got home from the Grove LCC game..........LCC won 3-1....... seen the Hovest kid pitch for the first time this year i think he gave up 5 or 6 hits looked pretty good.........i think we scored all 3 runs on Grove errors...........they had 6 errors.......i can't belive Groves record is as good as it is with a D like that......wow it was bad...........good thing they can hit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users