Member No.: 4046

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

Something like......
1. Crestview (Always very solid)
2. Bluffton (Great summer)
Toss up from here?
3. Columbus Grove (Always solid)
4. LCC (Return a lot)
5. Spencerville (only lost 2 seniors and they weren't a big loss)
6. Paulding (Not sure, that's why it says toss up from here)
7. Allen East (Swaney, that's it)
8. Delphos Jeff. (Still have Carter to pitch)
9. Lincolnview (Not very good last season)
10. Ada (uuhhh make sure ur bench is ready to play these guys)

#2 Strikethree

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Member No.: 4854

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

1) Crestview - They definitely have to be the favorites as they return some key players, including Zollers and Balliet on the mound

2) Bluffton - They pulled off some upsets last year (Delphos Jefferson) and had a great summer, so I could easily see them competing for first

3) LCC - They return almost everyone im pretty sure

4) Jefferson - They lose a ton, but I still think they can compete to an extent, Carder is a great pitcher

5) Grove - Like Jefferson they lose a lot, but they still have a solid amount of talent

6) Spencerville - Return most of their "key" players I guess you could call them

7) Allen East - Swaney is great, supporting cast really isnt there though

8) Paulding - I dont know much, but they were pretty bad last year

9) Lincolnview - Lost what talent they did have in Thatcher and Profit

10) Ada - just all around bad, Simmons is back I think, but he is literally all they had last year, when he was healthy

I think there is a solid dropoff though between #2 and #3 and then another big different between #5 and #6. Could definitely be an interesting year

#3 runsfar

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 4797

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Strikethree @ Sep 18 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Crestview - They definitely have to be the favorites as they return some key players, including Zollers and Balliet on the mound

2) Bluffton - They pulled off some upsets last year (Delphos Jefferson) and had a great summer, so I could easily see them competing for first

4) Jefferson - They lose a ton, but I still think they can compete to an extent, Carder is a great pitcher

5) Grove - Like Jefferson they lose a lot, but they still have a solid amount of talent

6) Spencerville - Return most of their "key" players I guess you could call them

10) Ada - just all around bad, Simmons is back I think, but he is literally all they had last year, when he was healthy

I think there is a solid dropoff though between #2 and #3 and then another big different between #5 and #6. Could definitely be an interesting year

Agree with most, should be a 2 team race between Bluffton and Crestview.
Crestview lost alot but has alot back, lost the best middle infield in northwest ohio and 2 .500 hitters, but they have the best pitching staff in the league and Baliet is killing the ball. I think Crestview wins by a game over Blufton by beating Blufton in a close game. Good news for Blufton is they get Crestview at home this year. After those 2 maybe LCC and Grove, but I agree a big falloff between 2 and 3 . Jefferson has Carder back but that is it. They will not be good, wish their new coach good luck. Spencerville will be better than you think and Grove not as as bad as you think. Allen East is getting better. Agree with the last 3 in any order except it wouldn't suprise me to see Jefferson there with them

#4 BenDover

All League

• Members
  • 82 posts

Member No.: 3040

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

I Heard Carter had shoulder surgery on his throwing arm. Is that true? and is he going to be able to throw next year?

#5 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (BenDover @ Sep 21 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Heard Carter had shoulder surgery on his throwing arm. Is that true? and is he going to be able to throw next year?

Well as far as I know, he's still playing football, so i would think he's ok to play baseball?

#6 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

Crestview will just reload this year---they could very well make a run to the final four. Good youngster kids coming up now too.

their junior acme teams were very very good as well.

the knights have a very bright future in baseball!

Edited by CTX_1, 06 October 2009 - 05:34 AM.

#7 bohfan

All League

• Members
  • 86 posts

Member No.: 3655

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

I wouldn't say Crestview should "definitely" be the favorites, considering they scraped out a couple wins last year (close ones with Bluffton, Jefferson, and Spencerville). Plus, Bluffton returns all but one player. I don't consider the Jefferson game an upset, because Bluffton just came to play that day (I think the score was 6-1).

Crestview is going to be solid, just like they usually are every season, so I'm thinking it'll come down to either Bluffton and Crestview. Don't count out LCC though, as they typically put together strong seasons. I think they play at Bluffton and at Crestview this year, so they'll have to win the tough games on the road.

#8 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

I think that Crestview and Bluffton are the top two teams in the league this year and will likely simply come down to which team pitches better in the games that count. I was impressed with Bluffton this summer and Crestview is always solid from top to bottom.

LCC returns the vast majority of its team but is not as solid top to bottom as Crestview and Bluffton. LCC will need the young players from last year to take that next step in their development and will be counting on pitchers with little big game experience at this point. I think LCC is still a year away from contending for the league crown.

#9 Candy

All District

• Members
  • 289 posts

Member No.: 792

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

Did Bluffton hire a coach yet?

#10 fountainsofwisdom

All League

• Members
  • 32 posts

Member No.: 3571
  • Location:40�53′38″N 83�53′30″W / 40.89389�N 83.89167�W / 40.89389; -83.89167

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:35 AM

yes bluffton hired a coach. Matt Scholz, assistant softball coach last year, head junior high football coach and junior high health/phys. ed. teacher will take over the reigns. Maybe he can stick around more then a year. unsure.gif

#11 Baseball12

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Member No.: 4799

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

Agree with AE..Swaney could possibly be the best catcher in league? But, definately needs some help. I saw them play this summer and the potential with the younger kids are there. Need some significant play from other seniors Anderson and Rettig. Another contributor was Hoy and who knows if he will even be able to play bc he broke his femur friday night against Paulding. Hope he gets better soon, he's a great athlete. Pitching is also another huge need for AE.

#12 baseballer

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Member No.: 5167

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

1) Crestview- always very good and have a very good rotation comming back including zollars
2) Bluffton- their run last year gives them experience, along with a good rotation, the only stuggle is their lack of runs vs. good pitching, but not much concern
3) Columbus Grove- i think that they could suprise a lot of teams for everybody they lost and make a run at 2nd, their rotation is VERY underatted with Hovest, Miller, and Ricker, if D plays good, i think they can manufacture enough runs to get the job done, also a good run in ACME
4) LCC- always good, they lost a lot, but still have a core of good talent, they will compete in every game
5) Paulding- they will suprise you on a good day if you arent ready
6) Delphos Jefferson- Carter will carry the team in conference games, need more hitting and defense
7) Spencerville- didn't lose too much, but still not the greatest
8) Allen East- should improve from last year
9) Lincolnview- not much to say here
10) Ada- to bad jackson doesnt play baseball

#13 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

So who can we predict on first team this season?
Balliet, Zollars, Hovest, McCullough, Swaney, Carter, Deitering...Snider and Linehan possibly? Not sure what else the NWC has back this year

#14 Schuermanisgod09

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 4094

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Lou @ Sep 24 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well as far as I know, he's still playing football, so i would think he's ok to play baseball?

Its Carder, and yes he is fine now and is playing football and will be able to pitch in the up coming season.

#15 fountainsofwisdom

All League

• Members
  • 32 posts

Member No.: 3571
  • Location:40�53′38″N 83�53′30″W / 40.89389�N 83.89167�W / 40.89389; -83.89167

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Lou @ Oct 21 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So who can we predict on first team this season?
Balliet, Zollars, Hovest, McCullough, Swaney, Carter, Deitering...Snider and Linehan possibly? Not sure what else the NWC has back this year

you left out plenty of good players.

How about Cheney and maybe Suderman from Bluffton? Ada may not have a good team but Simmons in quite the player. How about Carder from Jefferson?

#16 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (baseballer @ Oct 13 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Crestview- always very good and have a very good rotation comming back including zollars
2) Bluffton- their run last year gives them experience, along with a good rotation, the only stuggle is their lack of runs vs. good pitching, but not much concern
3) Columbus Grove- i think that they could suprise a lot of teams for everybody they lost and make a run at 2nd, their rotation is VERY underatted with Hovest, Miller, and Ricker, if D plays good, i think they can manufacture enough runs to get the job done, also a good run in ACME
4) LCC- always good, they lost a lot, but still have a core of good talent, they will compete in every game
5) Paulding- they will suprise you on a good day if you arent ready
6) Delphos Jefferson- Carter will carry the team in conference games, need more hitting and defense
7) Spencerville- didn't lose too much, but still not the greatest
8) Allen East- should improve from last year
9) Lincolnview- not much to say here
10) Ada- to bad jackson doesnt play baseball

We won't even be seeing him on the basketball court, so I am told, as he is too old.

#17 sauceyboy

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 4406

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

cheney should be all nwc. possibly goldsberry to.

#18 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (brentwood @ Nov 4 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How could he be too old for one sport, and not for another? I would think it would be based on his birthdate. He will be just as much older than the people he is playing against this fall as he would be in the winter or spring. That would make no sense for him to be eligible for one part of the school year and not the other.

I think it has to do with how old you are at the start of that particular sports season. Maybe someone else can elaborate on the exact rule.

#19 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (BOB @ Nov 4 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brentwood,

What the LCC fan is saying about Mr. Jackson is not true. It is just another way to discredit his accomplishments

No I am not trying to discredit his accomplishments, He is an incredible high school athlete and would excell at any sport he participated in. What I posted is something that I heard, being he will be too old to play winter and spring sports. While I certainly understand that he would not have played anyway, given he is going to be a scholarship football athlete, i was told he was too old. I have asked anyone with more information to post it. I wish him nothing but great success and look forward to watching his career and also the Ada/LCC basketball rivalry.

#20 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ Nov 4 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I am not trying to discredit his accomplishments, He is an incredible high school athlete and would excell at any sport he participated in. What I posted is something that I heard, being he will be too old to play winter and spring sports. While I certainly understand that he would not have played anyway, given he is going to be a scholarship football athlete, i was told he was too old. I have asked anyone with more information to post it. I wish him nothing but great success and look forward to watching his career and also the Ada/LCC basketball rivalry.

what your saying is impossible, the eligibily rule is as long as your not 19 before august 1st, you can play any high school sport you would like. I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to play basketball because if you remember right, he didn't start out the year playing last year. It took him a couple games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users