Ada Baseball

49 replies to this topic

#21 ibleedbluengold

All State

• Members
  • 521 posts

Member No.: 1680

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hey Ada fans I need directions to Ada's baseball field, I will be driving the bus when Paulding comes to play on April 27 so any help would be nice.

If any Bluffton fans read this I need directions to your field also.

Edited by ibleedbluengold, 11 April 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#22 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (ibleedbluengold @ Apr 11 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Ada fans I need directions to Ada's baseball field, I will be driving the bus when Paulding comes to play on April 27 so any help would be nice.

If any Bluffton fans read this I need directions to your field also.

Ibleed...US 30 to St Rt. 235. Go south into Ada.
Go to 4th stop light to College Ave, (Taco Bell on this corner)
Turn left on College Ave.
Go to 2nd stop sign. Make Jog to right then left and you will be at the field.
The baseball field is across from the football field

Edited by ADog, 12 April 2009 - 01:12 PM.

#23 ibleedbluengold

All State

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (ADog @ Apr 12 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ibleed...US 30 to St Rt. 235. Go south into Ada.
Go to 4th stop light to College Ave, (Taco Bell on this corner)
Turn left on College Ave.
Go to 2nd stop sign. Make Jog to right then left and you will be at the field.
The baseball field is across from the football field

Thanks ADog, Sounds easy enough. Will you be there? If so I would like to meet you.

#24 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

If I am not working late that day I just may make it out there for this game. I have not made it to any yet this year with my schedule and all. I'll try to make that game.

#25 ibleedbluengold

All State

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

I hope to see you there.

#26 Boomerpete

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Member No.: 3355

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (defwu @ Apr 9 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boomer - axe to grind? Maybe it was one of your family members that didn't live up to their hype? Let's be REAL honest, after Zac, and even he was going thru the motions last spring, name a "talented" player on the team? You might reach with Vermillion, that's it, period. Yeah, they went 18-4 the previous year because they a had an above average pitcher who could throw every 2 days and could get a few K's because there was no guarantee they were going to field it behind him. The only guarantee he had was that the guy behind the plate was going to catch everything mistake he made and that the same catcher would probably throw out anybody he walked. They also had a few other Seniors who actually cared about the game/winning and not their stats like the last group did!
This ain't little league anymore. We'll see how good these Bulldogs are after the season's over. If you remember, last year's group started the season off pretty good. Time will tell.

Axe to grind? Not hardly. I have no family member involved so stick your conclusion.

If all last year's group cared about was stats, why didn't someone step up in a leadership capacity? I don't make every game, I don't even make more than 5 a year, but that was a dead effort last year. Where was his ACME team? I even disagree with your "above average" assessment of the pitcher a year before. But he got it over the plate and had a decent hook.

We all know it ain't little league anymore, that's why it shouldn't be left to die and accepting mediocrity is not excuseable. And I witnessed the former coach making fun of his players at a game last year. So don't correct me defwu. That's being REAL honest.

#27 defwu

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 1204

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

I'd rather not stick my conclusion, besides it was a hypothesis, not a conclusion.

What was said? What did he do? Which player are you talking about? What game did you witness it at? Be specific since you brought it up. Let me guess, you don't want to name names. Figures. But it's okay to blast the coach?

Let's be REAL - you don't like Jochims, period. Doesn't matter what his teams did or didn't do. Doesn't matter that he tried to set up ACME schedules every summer only to have his hardworking, dedicated baseball players say they did't have time due to other sports or jobs. ACME takes players. Ask the players why they didn't play. They didn't care enough to play or were to busy doing other things. Doesn't matter that he tried to get a JV team with an additional coach and the school said nada. Yeah, he wasn't trying to develope players.

You saying the pitcher wasn't above average or that I under valued him? Either way, it doesn't matter, the kid's success and numbers speak for themselves.
I'm still waiting on you to list your talented players. No response to his overall record vs Ada's all time record?

For a person that catches maybe 5 games a year you seem to THINK you know alot about Ada baseball - that's my conclusion. I'm done.

#28 zzxxcc1

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 4017

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

back in my day, we would get the gloves out to settle this.

defwu vs. boomerpete

#29 B.I.G#11

All District

• Members
  • 158 posts

Member No.: 3880

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (zzxxcc1 @ Apr 14 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
back in my day, we would get the gloves out to settle this.

defwu vs. boomerpete

boomerpete sounds like a CHUMP!.................im taking defwu
to fast, to pretty just like chey babay!!!!!!!!!

#30 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (B.I.G#11 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boomerpete sounds like a CHUMP!.................im taking defwu

but they're both coming to the conclusion that Ada baseball is way down and should finish at the bottom of the league?

#31 mrclutch

All District

• Members
  • 359 posts

Member No.: 884

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

WOW - I can not believe the score (22-0 loss) reported in the Lima News this morning! This was to probably Paulding's worst team in as far as I can remember. Worse yet at home. Another NWC O-fer awaits the Bulldogs.

#32 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (bigboy33 @ Apr 29 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a player, the kids on the team are there to have fun. Coach Thaxton wants us to be serious but if we are serious we dont care about the game and thats something he needs to realize. When we have a good time, we score runs and catch balls. As of coach flower ill be honost nobody cares for him because of his attitude. Also ive been hearing from my teamates that nobody will be playing this upcoming year for baseball. Simply enough the players of Ada wanted to go win games but also have fun. And since the coaches dont allow fun at all! We simply give up and dont care about it. biggrin.gif

wow.....I have too many thoughts to express at this time......WOW! Unbelievable!----looks like it could be a draw between boomer & defw..... whistling.gif

Edited by slice slice baby, 29 April 2009 - 10:07 AM.

"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#33 mrclutch

All District

• Members
  • 359 posts

Member No.: 884

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Well then ... let me be the first to wish you all well on your quest to have "fun". I'm pretty sure you'll have "fun" in your semester or 2 of college, and even more "fun" flipping fries or delivering pizzas at age 30. Meanwhile ... happy sucking at baseball ... I feel sorry for the kid(s) who are really there because they love the game.

#34 throwback

All District

• Members
  • 171 posts

Member No.: 3281

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

What a load of crap, Bigboy ! If you love the game you can be serious and still have fun. Although losing is tough, if you give up so easily you don't have a chance to win. Two ways to get better, play in the summer which is tough at Ada with the long seasons recently in other sports, or work your butt off and never quite. Sounds like you have already given up. I know a long time ago we would have given anything to play in the summer. What are you doing this summer ? Put down the controller, toss the cell phone, and play ball !

#35 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (bigboy33 @ Apr 29 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a player, the kids on the team are there to have fun. Coach Thaxton wants us to be serious but if we are serious we dont care about the game and thats something he needs to realize. When we have a good time, we score runs and catch balls. As of coach flower ill be honost nobody cares for him because of his attitude. Also ive been hearing from my teamates that nobody will be playing this upcoming year for baseball. Simply enough the players of Ada wanted to go win games but also have fun. And since the coaches dont allow fun at all! We simply give up and dont care about it. biggrin.gif

Doesn't even deserve a response.....Get a clue bigboy...

#36 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

bigboy33....maybe you should coordinate the banquet. Take care of the flowers and decorations for prom. Maybe tie dye everyone's socks for the next game.....that is always fun! I know, have a sleepover then make some prank phone calls from the dugout. No, no...tie the coaches shoelaces together and crank up Hannah Montana between innings. What a hoot!!!

#37 ibleedbluengold

All State

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

Adog, Thanks for the excellent directions, they were to the tee. I guess when I've been to football games I never paid attention to the field being there, is that the same one we played on back in the day?

#38 ONU121

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Member No.: 4779

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

Ok lets be honest here there are a few kids from Ada that could play at the next level in football but they have no idea what college football is like I played at Ada then played in college and there is a big jump from even division 6 football to Division 3 football the best athletes from Ada don’t even get to play out at ONU so yeah you better be working a lot harder than what you do and most colleges want to see their athletes playing multiple sports in high school including baseball...now as for baseball I am disappointed that everyone is referring to the past two years teams when Ada baseball made a turn around in 2005 when we were one error away from winning the conference over Crestview along with making a nice run in the tourney so everyone who jumped on the Ada band wagon when Zac was at school you need to look back before he started playing in Baseball because he was a great freshman catcher and produced at the plate too...if you ask him I bet his freshman year was the best Ada baseball team he played for though they went .500 they relied on Jacob Nichols probly the best pitcher out of Ada in a while and they also had Michael Allen to go with a change of speed another high quality pitcher out of Ada...people need to remember it doesn’t matter how many runs you put up it depends on the pitching cause if you get into the high run games in Baseball I don’t care whose playing that’s just how it is. finally lets leave the coaching to the coaching staff do we really think this type of behavior would have been happening 20 years ago and that’s up to the parents to explain to their kids that they need to work hard and bust their humps for the coach instead of coming into the coach asking why their kid doesn’t get to play? That question would never be answered if I was the coach and I would have asked the parent to ask their child why they are not playing first.

#39 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 4041

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (bigboy33 @ Apr 30 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wont be playing baseball in college.. ill be playing football! what do you do for a living that is gunna make you so much better than me?

Hey i went to a couple of ada football games this year...And i didnt see you out there. But when i went to the saturday games which is jv i saw you playing jv? Most kids that go to college to play football dont play j.v. their jr year...
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

#40 bigboy33

• Members
  • 10 posts

Member No.: 3941

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (meanestkidaround @ Apr 30 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey i went to a couple of ada football games this year...And i didnt see you out there. But when i went to the saturday games which is jv i saw you playing jv? Most kids that go to college to play football dont play j.v. their jr year...

kinda funny you mentioned this.. well lets see here.. i was new .. didnt know any plays.. didnt know coach well and he didnt know me.. i wasnt expecting to even play a j.v game... but did you see how good i did just during my first game back? pretty good id say

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users