Ada Baseball

49 replies to this topic

#1 MikeAllen

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 3142

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

From watching Ada how do you think they will turn out this year any better than last year? And who is going to stand out this year now that dysert and vermillion are gone?

#2 MikeAllen

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

Well i actually think ada will be better off than that of last year. alot of kids have been working out and stuff in the offseason i guess. whistling.gif guess we'll have to see how the season turns out

#3 malibumurphy09

All League

• Members
  • 48 posts

Member No.: 3988

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (MikeAllen @ Oct 20 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i actually think ada will be better off than that of last year. alot of kids have been working out and stuff in the offseason i guess. whistling.gif guess we'll have to see how the season turns out

Bulldogs are losing alot but think they will fire back with a above .500 season should suprise some people.

#4 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 4041

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

Well what kids do they have returning? any promising returners?
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

#5 MikeAllen

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

I'm just wondering from watching them last year if they will hopefully improve from not winning a conference game to maybe being .500 in conference play. I guess we'll just have to wait and see as soon as the season starts off. Does anyone know who will be pitching for ada this year even?

#6 brentwood

All District

• Members
  • 186 posts

Member No.: 3581

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (MikeAllen @ Jan 13 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just wondering from watching them last year if they will hopefully improve from not winning a conference game to maybe being .500 in conference play. I guess we'll just have to wait and see as soon as the season starts off. Does anyone know who will be pitching for ada this year even?

I've heard they only have 5 or 6 juniors and seniors combined playing baseball. that is going to be tough to overcome. I think only 2 or 3 of those 6 played varsity last year at all. those freshman and sophomores are going to have to grow up in a hurry!

#7 Boomerpete

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Member No.: 3355

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

Only pitcher with innings is Tyler Simmons. Austin Everhart will have to as well. After that, I haven't the slightest idea.

#8 Boomerpete

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

How that team last year went winless in the conference is an amazing question. But then again. with the incredible motivational skills of the head coach, it comes as no surprise.

#9 zzxxcc1

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 4017

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Ada went winless in the NWC last year?

What was their overall record?

#10 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (BOB @ Jan 23 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ada was 10-14 last year or something like that. Thought they won a conference game or two but from the other posters maybe i am wrong. The few times i watched them play it appeared they were not as deep as previous years. How many starters did they have to replace from the 18-4 team the year before. The problem with Ada baseball has been in the development of pitching depth and an inability to improve the numbers in the program to include a jv, freshman or jr. high team. That to me is a more fair criticism than anything to do with motivation. Teams don't go winless in conferences when they have overwhelming talent, no matter how poor fans think the coaching may have been.

Well when they went 18-4 they only lost about 3 of the starters so the team that played then really played last year as well. I don't understand how they did that. When they went 18-4 I could of swore that they were going to do even better last year but as it turns out they didn't. But I think part of the problem is that none of these kids play summer ball as soon as the season is over. Many teams around the NWC area have summer league teams. Ada doesn't! They use to but I dont know when or why it dropped. I can agree that not all of it is because of the coaches or all but part of it is because of the players not wanting to be there at all.

#11 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I heard Ada has a new coach for this year....anyone have any info on that?

#12 PHS9610

All District

• Members
  • 191 posts

Member No.: 1160

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yes they do, a paulding coach met him down at the coaches convention and told me . I think he coached at bluffton two years ago, and was only there one year.

#13 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

Well as I hear ada has a very young team. I think their pitching will be limited and so will the people in the field. Who's going to start and where at? Who will be the ace pitcher, and then who will catch? I guess only the coach knows those answers. But what are some other people's predictions on who's playing where? And with this new coach will they improve from last years record in the conference?

#14 Keebo21

All League

• Members
  • 34 posts

Member No.: 1814

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (PHS9610 @ Jan 26 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes they do, a paulding coach met him down at the coaches convention and told me . I think he coached at bluffton two years ago, and was only there one year.

Yes he did coach at Bluffton 2 years ago. I played under him and his name is Coach Thaxton. This coach change will be only for the good. Out of the 4 coaches i had in high school he was the one that we all thought would stay and that people actually wanted to stay but then he went to Ada. He will bring discipline and an environment that will encourage the players. He is a great guy!!!

#15 Boomerpete

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

Get real. This is a young and inexperienced team. 1 senior who didn't play last year. Will struggle to win games.

Don't care what anyone says, the last coach with his dum-de-dum lazy ways killed this program. Thaxton cares and at least shows a little passion for the game. Saw the CR game and Thax was COACHING even though the game was out of hand. I respect him for that. Joke-ims would have been making fun of the players.

No excuse for going 0-fer the conference last year with the kids they had.

#16 PastPluto

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 4546

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

BoomerPete--why all the HATE?

I have a couple of comments on this

1.) Jochims's record was 65 and 48. That's a .575 winning percentage. Over the previous 48 years before Jochims got there, Ada was 273-434-6. That's a .387 winning percentage OVER 48 years! That seems like an improvement to me.
He also coached Ada to Sectional Championships in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. In 2007, the Bulldogs were District Runner Up.

2). Sometimes there is blame on the players for not playing up to their abilities. A coach cannot throw, run, hit, or catch.

#17 defwu

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 1204

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

boomer - axe to grind? Maybe it was one of your family members that didn't live up to their hype? Let's be REAL honest, after Zac, and even he was going thru the motions last spring, name a "talented" player on the team? You might reach with Vermillion, that's it, period. Yeah, they went 18-4 the previous year because they a had an above average pitcher who could throw every 2 days and could get a few K's because there was no guarantee they were going to field it behind him. The only guarantee he had was that the guy behind the plate was going to catch everything mistake he made and that the same catcher would probably throw out anybody he walked. They also had a few other Seniors who actually cared about the game/winning and not their stats like the last group did!
This ain't little league anymore. We'll see how good these Bulldogs are after the season's over. If you remember, last year's group started the season off pretty good. Time will tell.

#18 Guest_Rocketman._*

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

I see a less then average season for them

#19 Run n Gun

All League

• Members
  • 34 posts

Member No.: 3400

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

I am not saying Jochims was or is a great coach but I can say with a ton of confidence that the passion for Baseball in the town of Ada is nowhere near that of any other boys sport. Someone above hit it on the head with the lack of a summer league team. It might be the coach but I place a lot of the blame on the student athletes and their parents who don't demand the hard work in the off-season especially the summer. Kids would rather get a job and make money or screw around with their friends. I do hope that coach Thaxton can bring some excitement to the game of Baseball and get the boys out playing under the lights in the summer time. Otherwise we should strip the diamond of all that pretty grass and bring back the worlds largest dirt infield and throw all the rocks back in!

#20 B.I.G#11

All District

• Members
  • 158 posts

Member No.: 3880

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (PastPluto @ Apr 9 2009, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BoomerPete--why all the HATE?

I have a couple of comments on this

1.) Jochims's record was 65 and 48. That's a .575 winning percentage. Over the previous 48 years before Jochims got there, Ada was 273-434-6. That's a .387 winning percentage OVER 48 years! That seems like an improvement to me.
He also coached Ada to Sectional Championships in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. In 2007, the Bulldogs were District Runner Up.

2). Sometimes there is blame on the players for not playing up to their abilities. A coach cannot throw, run, hit, or catch.

BAM KA ZAM there petie way to put those math skills to use there pluto
to fast, to pretty just like chey babay!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users