101 replies to this topic

#41 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (meanestkidaround @ Feb 2 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ada will suprise some people I think. Even though I don't know who will be pitching this year. I think they are having a very young team this year with only a couple people who played last year or the year before that. They just have to find a leader for that team unlike what they had the previous year. I think that if they find a leader then they will go farther than what you guys are giving them credit for.

ok i'll put it like this for you...give me a decent pitcher on that team that can throw atleast 70 and not walk everybody and the line up last went a little like this last year....top four hitters batted .400 the next five hit around .180 hahaha that's a joke....and those four are gone i'll be surprised if they win a game

#42 MikeAllen

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 3142

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (three sport man @ Feb 11 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok i'll put it like this for you...give me a decent pitcher on that team that can throw atleast 70 and not walk everybody and the line up last went a little like this last year....top four hitters batted .400 the next five hit around .180 hahaha that's a joke....and those four are gone i'll be surprised if they win a game

I believe Ada does have a pitcher that may throw around 80 and doesnt walk everyone...just from what i have heard from some of the kids on that team...i believe he is working with a pitching coach out of Kalida...so you will just have to wait and see how well they do i bet their top pitcher will win some games for them...and the 5 and 6 guys hit around .300 i believe from what the stats say from last year...but who knows

#43 Snydesdale

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 3932

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

I say watch out for the Mustangs, they have developed good talent over the past few years and coach Yetman has turned what was once the laughing stock the school to a team that is 2 time sectional champs.

#44 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:39 AM

Snydesdale...slow down there a little bit. Even though I have heard some really good things about your coach, he is going to have a lot of offense to replace. Not to mention your top pitcher. The Jefferson boys have everyone coming back. We have pitching, hitting, defense, and tournament experience. Then throw Crestview, L.C.C., Bluffton, & Columbus Grove in the mix and conference play will be pretty tough for the unproven players you boys will need to play to replace your graduates. Obviously your excited, and heres hoping your baseball squad is better than your basketball squad.

#45 Bucky33

All League

• Members
  • 25 posts

Member No.: 4426

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

i think columbus grove will have the team to beat this year in the nwc thumbdown.gif

but good luck to the bearcats

#46 Hank6

All League

• Members
  • 33 posts

Member No.: 2540

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

The Mustangs are without a doubt on the upswing. The underclassmen are going to contribute more than most people think. The freshman and sophomore classes have been perennial winners. One of the two Pony League teams was undefeated winning the Northwest Junior Baseball League this past summer. The Mustang junior high baseball teams have 30 kids signed up and will be solid again this year. Allen East has about 330 kids participating in its baseball and softball programs. The pipeline is full of kids. Good Luck to all the NWC teams this season. thumbup1.gif

#47 PastPluto

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 4546

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (malibumurphy09 @ Oct 21 2008, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look out Ada i think will be a fairly strong team this yr. losing alot from last season but will atleast be some comp. in the NWC . they will reac well beyoned .500

The Bulldogs will struggle to win games this year. As I see it, they have no pitching.

#48 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 4041

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (PastPluto @ Feb 25 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Bulldogs will struggle to win games this year. As I see it, they have no pitching.

I believe from what I have heard from the kids is that they have one that topped at 80 who threw that every time he pitched. So there is one i do not know quite what his name is though just from things i have heard.
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

#49 zzxxcc1

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 4017

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (meanestkidaround @ Feb 27 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe from what I have heard from the kids is that they have one that topped at 80 who threw that every time he pitched. So there is one i do not know quite what his name is though just from things i have heard.

So what if he can throw 80, Ask any high school baseball player and they will tell you thats what they like,

#50 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 4561

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Crestview is going to be the biggest suprise in the NWC. They have Balliet, Zollers, Ulrey, and Clay who have all been working out with either major league pitchers or pitching coaches all off season. None of them played basketball, and everyone of them have been training for this baseball season since the last pitch was thrown in 2008. The Balliet boy has gotten alot stonger and is clocked around 90mph. He is also hitting the ball better than his .400 performance as a Sophomore. Clay, Ulrey, and Gibson are all proven Senior leaders, and they all hit over the .300 mark last year. The Knights are always a solid NWC contender, and this year, they are going to be one of the best teams Crestview has had to offer in the past few years. Mark my word...Jefferson is not going to sit alone at the top of the NWC. They are going to have to beat a tough Crestview team to even have a chance at winning the conference outright. My personal opinion is that Crestview only has 1 or 2 losses going into the post-season, and none of the losses are in conference. Balliet beat Rherig in the conference title game. Crestview 2; Jefferson 0.

#51 sauceyboy

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 4406

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

I like the pirates to be near the top of NWC. have great players but have had 6 different coaches in last 8 years.

#52 aefan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 3164

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Snydesdale @ Feb 13 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say watch out for the Mustangs, they have developed good talent over the past few years and coach Yetman has turned what was once the laughing stock the school to a team that is 2 time sectional champs.

Well i agree that allen east can do somethings this year. We will not go down easy this year. You can bet every game will be played like its our last. We are dedicating this season to our fallen team mate and we will work as hard as anyone to be a succesful baseball team. True we are losing three main contributors from last years district runner up team, but you will start seeing the products of bill yetmans new baseball program this year . . watch out for shaun anderson at short aaron swaney behind the plate , levi hoy in center and greg patterson cleaning up.. Searfoss get a breaking ball , we might have a second man strong pitcher ..

#53 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

aefan...God bless you boys! The rest of us in the NWC are praying for the young men involved, their families, and your community. How tragic and sad. Have heard nothing but wonderful things about your coach and his committment to your school. Hopefully your vacancies in the lineup are filled with contributing underclassmen, and you fellows are able to enjoy this season.
OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU !!

#54 sauceyboy

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 4406

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

Nathan Cheney throws a GREAT curve ball..too bad thats all he can throw though. wallbash.gif

#55 Bulldog

All League

• Members
  • 52 posts

Member No.: 3076

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

are kidding me......grove has very good ptiching. Nate Bogart was PCL POY and runner up in the NWC and is our ace, Brandon Hovest was our pitcher of the year as a freshmen 2 years ago and is very good. and we can toss Brett Reed, Jake Miller, or Dave Creamer in there to. The only reason you havent seen our pitching is beacause they used Bogart in PCL games but from what i hear thats gonna change.
We should have avery good team

#56 countywidehasbeen

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Member No.: 774

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

I love it when CKUM posts. Come back, please!

#57 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 4561

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (countywidehasbeen @ Mar 16 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love it when CKUM posts. Come back, please!

What do you want me to say. Everything I say you muck all up. No point in me saying anything else. I have conveyed my opinion on the NWC this year.

#58 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Bulldog @ Mar 15 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are kidding me......grove has very good ptiching. Nate Bogart was PCL POY and runner up in the NWC and is our ace, Brandon Hovest was our pitcher of the year as a freshmen 2 years ago and is very good. and we can toss Brett Reed, Jake Miller, or Dave Creamer in there to. The only reason you havent seen our pitching is beacause they used Bogart in PCL games but from what i hear thats gonna change.
We should have avery good team

Hovest is over rated as a pitcher

#59 Warlock

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 4541

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (three sport man @ Mar 18 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hovest is over rated as a pitcher

yah i believe hovest is pretty over rated three sport man

#60 Snydesdale

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 3932

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

Mustangs finally got a home game and opened it up in style putting a 6 to 0 beating on the rockets of pandora. Nick searfoss struck out 14 and only walked 3 and not to mention giving up 0 yes 0 hits a no no. In fact the rockets hit 1 fly ball that made its way outta the infield but only about 2 steps in the outfield grass. They opened it up right and played with all heart for there fallen teamate who they personally dedicated this game to and the rest of the season congratulations to the Mustangs!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users