#21 BenDover

All League

• Members
  • 82 posts

Member No.: 3040

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (three sport man @ Oct 29 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who threw that game? clarkson maybe?

No... I think it was Carter or something like that... I know he played legion. but i don't no.. i think that sounds right tho

#22 PHS9610

All District

• Members
  • 191 posts

Member No.: 1160

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:17 AM

On a good note for panther fans, have got word that a few players that didnt play last year, have showed up to there open gyms. I think they would help them out alot, but its a long way untill pitchers and catchers to see if they actually come out.

#23 Schuermanisgod09

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 4094

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (BenDover @ Nov 4 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No... I think it was Carter or something like that... I know he played legion. but i don't no.. i think that sounds right tho

its carder and ya it was

#24 CG Pride

All League

• Members
  • 95 posts

Member No.: 194

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (bohfan @ Oct 13 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know anything about grove?

Grove lost Adam Osterhage, and Zach Finley, the rest of the team should be back:
David Creamer, Nate Bogart, Brett Reed, Blake Walker, Nate King, Garrett Wolfe, Nate Schroeder, Jacob Miller, Kyle Stechschulte, Brandon Hovest were all on varsity last year. Along with the JV from last year and freshman class, they should be able to hold their own.
They were PCL champs and NWC runners up last year.

#25 ibleedbluengold

All State

• Members
  • 521 posts

Member No.: 1680

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (PHS9610 @ Nov 8 2008, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On a good note for panther fans, have got word that a few players that didnt play last year, have showed up to there open gyms. I think they would help them out alot, but its a long way untill pitchers and catchers to see if they actually come out.

If those guys would stop and think about it, this is the only sport they have a chance to play on a NWC championship team, Paulding has very good baseball talent if they all play, this senior class can be every bit as good or better than last years class!!!

Edited by ibleedbluengold, 11 November 2008 - 09:35 AM.

#26 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (PHS9610 @ Nov 8 2008, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's very good news! Let's hope they stick with it & play!
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#27 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Lou @ Oct 30 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bigguy.....it really wouldn't surprise me if you're Obringer because youre a big guy, you aren't gods gift to earth though, watch yourself in football you aren't that good, you stand straight up as soon as the ball is snapped, i'll give you wrestling, but baseball, no. vandemark and deitering will be behind the plate and be pretty strong too!....this is a good quote for Mr. Obringer.....when all is said and done, more is said than done

QUOTE (bigguy @ Nov 3 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Calm down dude.

Sounds like good advice, dr lou......Not an impressive way to start off posting as a noob. smile.gif
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(

#28 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:34 AM

Since I'm here, to the RC, w/in reason, bsball25, malibumurph, biguy, & dr lou!!! Great to have all of you with us & we hope you have a blast here at the 'Corner!!

Happy posting!!!

#29 PHS9610

All District

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (slice slice baby @ Nov 12 2008, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's very good news! Let's hope they stick with it & play!

Well slice, and bluengold, the good news didnt last long. One of the kids allready picked track, and i would figure the other one will to. I agree bluengold, there is alot of talent, but they keep going the track route. wallbash.gif

#30 aefan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 3164

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

I know you may think i am biased.. but i believe that allen east will do better than expected this year. They made a nice run in the tourny making it to the district finals. The really only lose three main contributors in yetman swaney and copeland but they have alot of talent coming up. Watch out for big greg patterson to take a big step toward all nwc this year and if nck searfoss can devlope a breaking ball.. they have two quality pitchers with a great athelete in center in Hoy if he can get healthy .. ae will make some noise

#31 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

I thought I would give an update to our fellow NWC baseball fans on the construction of LCC's new baseball field. The field will be ready for play this upcoming season and is a thing of beauty for those of us who have watched our team play on the road for about the last 5 years.

The dugouts are being completed in brick and the backstop will have a brick bottom, similar to what Lima Senior has. The field dimensions seem a little short but not sure what they are exactly but the outfield fence is like 20 feet high. The entire grass field is sod and even the dirt is beautiful. The bullpens are enclosed and right off the end of the dugouts.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of great baseball action on that field for years to come. The wait has been long but looks to be well worth it!

#32 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

where's the field located at? around school?

#33 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (three sport man @ Nov 18 2008, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where's the field located at? around school?

The field sits behind the school and next to the softball field, which I understand is going to be moved eventually to the other side of the baseball field in the coming year or so. The field faces N/W and the wind seems to blow in more than out. I think the lines are 315, the power alleys 355 and center 380 with twenty foot fencing all the way around the OF.

#34 adafan

All League

• Members
  • 90 posts

Member No.: 3014

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Ada had a outstanding freshmen team last spring. I think the talent will definitely be moving up. Good times to come in Ada. Also, a dominate senior class should help the dogs.
Dawgs all the way- Rocks

#35 mrclutch

All District

• Members
  • 359 posts

Member No.: 884

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

Who has open gym workouts going - how do the numbers look?

#36 PHS9610

All District

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

Paulding has been having them for a while now, and they have been getting 8-11 kids . That number is good considering there total will be really low this year. They didnt field a jr acme team this past summer due to low numbers.

#37 AEMUSTANGS

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 4323

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (aefan @ Nov 13 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know you may think i am biased.. but i believe that allen east will do better than expected this year. They made a nice run in the tourny making it to the district finals. The really only lose three main contributors in yetman swaney and copeland but they have alot of talent coming up. Watch out for big greg patterson to take a big step toward all nwc this year and if nck searfoss can devlope a breaking ball.. they have two quality pitchers with a great athelete in center in Hoy if he can get healthy .. ae will make some noise

I am not sayin this because I am allen east fan but I too think ae will be a big surprise this year. They lost Swaney Yetman and Copeland but they have kids they will fill their spots that all played varsity last year. So watch out for Coach Yetman and the Mustangs.

#38 Schuermanisgod09

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 4094

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Jefferson should win the Conference and should also make a big run in the State tourny after only losing 3 guys.

Edited by Schuermanisgod09, 08 February 2009 - 10:50 AM.

#39 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

The Delphos Jefferson Wildcats will be the favorites this year. They have pitching and hitting and alot of returners from last year's tournament deep team. Very fine coach who puts the effort in. The other Delphos team will be pretty good also.
The league will shake itself out after them, with probably L.C.C., Crestview, & Bluffton battling for league runner up. DO NOT overllookk the Pirates! They made a strong runner in summer ball and have some fine players returning. It is ashame about their coach but I'm sure numerous parents will keep the boys together. Crestview is always strong & if L.C.C. finds two good starters they will be decent. These boys are use to winning. No Kottenbrock though.
The next group will be between Grove, Lincolnview, & Paulding. Paulding's coach stepping down will throw their program a little from an organizational standpoint. Need all their players to play. Lincolnview has a couple big hitters and a very good starter. Depth will be a question. Grove has a good nucleaus coming back with a couple very good players, but...they must stay focused throughout the year. Probably talented enough to be in the top tier but lacks individual discipline.
Rounding out the league...Ada, Spencerville & Allen East. Contrary to wishful thinking, Ada will not be that good. Unmotivated with last year's talent rich team only transcends to unmotivation with not so good talent. Spencerville lacks pitching and hitting from top to bottom. They have one big hitter coming back which won't be enough. Allen East lost their top 3 hitters and the rest of their team that returns will have to pick up the bats. Kids put in the effort but, its like burning wet wood...just can't get going.

#40 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 4041

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

Ada will suprise some people I think. Even though I don't know who will be pitching this year. I think they are having a very young team this year with only a couple people who played last year or the year before that. They just have to find a leader for that team unlike what they had the previous year. I think that if they find a leader then they will go farther than what you guys are giving them credit for.
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users