55 replies to this topic

#21 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Member No.: 6522

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

View PostRocketman, on 18 November 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Wapak can/will win if a couple of things happen..

1. turnover battle MUST be won
2. run the ball effectively
3. prevent more than 3-4 big plays...speed kills
4. penalties to a minimum
I agree Rocketman those are the key elements to this game
I would also add
Catch every pass thrown when given the the opportunity
Produce a couple big plays themselves
Win the kicking game battle, part of the reason the 'Skins have done well this postseason

#22 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9590

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostRocketman, on 18 November 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Wapak can/will win if a couple of things happen..

1. turnover battle MUST be won
2. run the ball effectively
3. prevent more than 3-4 big plays...speed kills
4. penalties to a minimum
Yep

#23 RedskinFan

All District

• Members
  • 130 posts

Member No.: 9644

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

27-20 Wapak. Our D is just much to suffocating even for all the speed T-Wood brings.

#24 Rajaha

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 9496

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

I have seen both teams play and that Trotwood DL is brutal, Same with the entire D. Trotwoods O does struggle to get started at times, but when it gets clicking...see ya.

Wapak would have to play PERFECT ball.

Some one said they cant load the box because you have a more unpredictable O...please you telling me they cant play man with their corner going to UK against your lone Wr you have at times, Even their other Corner is a stud. Yes this is a beatable Trotwood team but i think alot of Wapak fans underestimate them. I'm sorry wapak fans but Trotwood is on a whole other level than any team you've played this season.

Trotwood by 14, I dont think you'll be able to run on them like you think, hope I'm wrong but i just cant see it

#25 Rajaha

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:00 AM

@Sidney_Football

Parking locations are up on Sidney's twitter

Edited by Rajaha, 20 November 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#26 Redskin72

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 9578

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostRajaha, on 20 November 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

I have seen both teams play and that Trotwood DL is brutal, Same with the entire D. Trotwoods O does struggle to get started at times, but when it gets clicking...see ya.

Wapak would have to play PERFECT ball.

Some one said they cant load the box because you have a more unpredictable O...please you telling me they cant play man with their corner going to UK against your lone Wr you have at times, Even their other Corner is a stud. Yes this is a beatable Trotwood team but i think alot of Wapak fans underestimate them. I'm sorry wapak fans but Trotwood is on a whole other level than any team you've played this season.

Trotwood by 14, I dont think you'll be able to run on them like you think, hope I'm wrong but i just cant see it
Nobody is underestimating them. They are a great team, tons of talent. Size and speed etc.
But you know what, we are pretty darn good ourselves. Win or lose, Trotwood will know they were in a battle, as I know our kids will give 110%.
Beats the alternative, being 5-5 and sitting at home wishing we were still playing.

#27 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostRedskin72, on 20 November 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Nobody is underestimating them. They are a great team, tons of talent. Size and speed etc.
But you know what, we are pretty darn good ourselves. Win or lose, Trotwood will know they were in a battle, as I know our kids will give 110%.
Beats the alternative, being 5-5 and sitting at home wishing we were still playing.
well said

#28 The Guilty Bystander

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9367

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Agree with the other poster

Trotwood by 14 at least

That's taking nothing away from Wapak, they are very good, but Trotwood is on another level athletically.

They could have a chance if they control the ball around 30 minutes

#29 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostRedskinFan, on 17 November 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Man those TM posters are arrogant on yappi! They talk like they have already won! Can't wait to see is go in there, smash em in the mouth, and go home regional champs.

If anything, I'd say the wapak fans/supporters sounds like the arrogant ones. I have no bias either way.

#30 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Member No.: 6522

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postjeffcat-bucki, on 20 November 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

If anything, I'd say the wapak fans/supporters sounds like the arrogant ones. I have no bias either way.

There have been no arrogant posts in that whole thread from any Wapak poster
There have been a few arrogant posts from people opposed to TM but they are not Wapak fans,
just fans that are anti-Trotwood

#31 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:57 PM

Why are people saying Wapak has no athletes? Is it because race?

I predict TM wins 24-14, they are just such a good program right now that would take most teams perfect just to win or even come close to winning. Some of these posts in here are just very uninformed for both sides though.

Edit: Also I didn't say that to make this a political debate or anything like that. I was just wondering why people think they are so superior athletically.(In which teams like TM get labeled that just because race) Do you all even know anyone of the kids on either team? And before you say well look at DI players, I hope you all realize football players get recruited mainly from going to camps (which TM does a lot of) or from coaches and previous players who were recruited. (Also something TM had going for them)

Edited by redskin rowdy, 21 November 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#32 Rajaha

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Postredskin rowdy, on 20 November 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

I predict TM wins 24-14, they are just such a good program right now that would take most teams perfect just to win or even come close to winning. Some of these posts in here are just very uninformed for both sides though.

Edit: Also I didn't say that to make this a political debate or anything like that. I was just wondering why people think they are so superior athletically.(In which teams like TM get labeled that just because race) Do you all even know anyone of the kids on either team? And before you say well look at DI players, I hope you all realize football players get recruited mainly from going to camps (which TM does a lot of) or from coaches and previous players who were recruited. (Also something TM had going for them)

You're both right and wrong, you can look amazing at camps but if your game films sucks it does effect you, I guess their Gwoc North Defensive POY and All Southwest Ohio D3 Defensive POY is only a good camper not play. Its not because of race, its simply the fact Trotwood is more athletic. Wapak HAS NOT played a team close to Trotwood level in terms of athletes. I would like to see Trotwood lose, but at same time I wouldnt mind seeing Trotwood take Wapak to the wood shed.

#33 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Why because a couple wapak people rustled your feathers because they predicted to win? I am pretty sure most if not all wapak fans know they will have to play near perfect just to have a chance of winning this game. They predict them to win big deal they are fans what do you expect. I just don't see why some people in this thread are becoming so hostile for some reason.

#34 Rajaha

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

no one is hostile, I just think its a joke you would try to discredit Trotwood's kids D1 offers as only based on camps and their coach, not their play. Trotwoods only lose is to Centerville, the team that was #1 in D1 region 2. The only hope Wapak has is if Trotwoods offensive struggles continue and they can find a way to score. But against Trotwoods D thats asking alot

#35 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Trotwood may have a talented cornerback going D1. But I remember in 11' they had cam burrows who was going D1 (Ohio state) and he got toasted by Kraft a few times the QB just couldn't deliver the ball. Just cause they are going D1 does not mean they are dominating players it means they get more exposure and attend camps and reach out to programs. Maurice Douglass set trotwood up very nice with many connections in college and NFL through his experience as a former NFL player. Trotwood has become a D1 factory which has produced athletes that go on and become successful collegiate players. But they also have athletes that flop in college because they are really not as good as thought out to be. Running a fast 40 time and doing well in summer camps gets you into college programs. Football is a team game, you can have 10 D1 players on your team but it comes down to who plays better as a team and who wants it more.

#36 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

Now I'm not saying Twood doesn't play well as a team or they don't want it more, I'm just saying don't count Wapak out just because they don't match up the athletes that Twood has.

#37 The Guilty Bystander

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9367

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postredskin rowdy, on 20 November 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

It's not race, it's reality

Wapak has some great athletes, but playing in the WBL really can't compare on a week to week basis of the speed that Trotwood will bring across the board. And that's coming from a guy that played in the WBL in the 70's, coached in it through the 80's and 90's and to this day I think the WBL and MAC are the two best conferences in the area for football.

For every fast kid Wapak has, Trotwood probably has 3-4 as fast or faster. That's just reality.

Wapak CAN win this game, but they will have to play nearly perfect and really control the clock.

#38 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

No one is not giving trotwood credit for having great players. They do and everyone knows it, their past success shows it. I think most people are arguing that people keep making it seem like wapak has no one who is any good or athletic at all they are just a team that is slow and wins games. Perrysburg is a great team who I believe doesn't have all the big time recruits who if not for a kick off return would have beat a Nordonia team who has numerous division one players.

#39 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Tawanda has fast running back that's going to Miami and we shut them down. Just throwing that out there.

#40 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

JUST WIN BABY!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users