Local Top 10 Teams

52 replies to this topic

#1 baseballer4life

All District

• Members
  • 223 posts

Member No.: 9913

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

Girls Local Basketball Top 10 Rankings (Updated/Edited Daily)

1. Minster (14-1): @ Versailles 1/25 and @ Anna 1/27

2. Ottoville (15-1): vs. Ft. Jennings 1/25 and vs. Delphos Jefferson 1/27

3. Versailles (16-1): vs. Minster 1/25 and vs. West Liberty-Salem 1/30

4. Ottawa Glandorf (14-1): vs. Shawnee 1/25 and @ Lima Senior 1/27

5. Liberty Benton (13-1): @ Kenton 1/23 and vs. Vanlue 1/25

6. Archbold (12-1): @ Holland Springfield 1/23 and vs. Patrick Henry 1/25

7. Defiance (12-1): vs. Swanton 1/22 and @ Celina 1/25

8. Ft. Recovery (11-2): @ Marion Local 1/25 and vs. Franklin Monroe 1/30

9. Leipsic (14-1): vs. Hopewell Loudon 1/25 and vs. Elida 1/27

10. New Bremen (12-3): vs. New Knoxville 1/25 and @ Waynesfield Goshen 1/27

In The Hunt: Bath (11-4), Bluffton (11-4), Kenton (10-3), Russia (13-3), Delphos Jefferson (10-4), Ft. Loramie (12-4)

Edited by baseballer4life, 22 January 2018 - 09:45 AM.

"Look in the mirror, that's your only competition"

#2 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

Solid effort 4life.......I could nitpick here and there but no reason....each team should be ranked and no glaring omissions.....
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#3 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

View Postbaseballer4life, on 29 December 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Thank you, definitely some good basketball in our area.

Quality rankings, thanks

#4 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

Yes, there could be a major shake up in the standings this week as OG visits Liberty Benton Saturday night and hosts Bath Thurs. night. Also Liberty Benton visits Arlington Thurs.

#5 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

View Postbaseballer4life, on 30 December 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

Going to start updating these on the run. With the Bath loss last night, they dropped a few spots and with Minster playing that same team today, could be more moves tonight.

Better watch Minster, they crushed Bath the other night. Looks like they are loaded.

#6 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

OG beat Liberty Benton today 58-53.

#7 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:54 AM

View Postbaseballer4life, on 30 December 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Bath's only loss was last night to Bellevue, you are mistaken.

Sorry, wrong info

#8 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

View Postvon, on 31 December 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

Sorry, wrong info

von......

Minster crushed Bellevue which is the team that handily beat Bath!!!!!

#9 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

Ottoville and Minster are about as even as you possibly can be in my opinion. Ottoville has to travel to Minster but I expect to see both teams down at state if it worked out that way.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#10 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostMysterio, on 04 January 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Ottoville and Minster are about as even as you possibly can be in my opinion. Ottoville has to travel to Minster but I expect to see both teams down at state if it worked out that way.

Good chance.....2:00pm Final on Saturday :)

#11 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

View Postbaseballer4life, on 04 January 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

A little shakeup in the rankings after Bath loses on the road against OG and Ottoville barely wins at home against Kalida who now has 5 losses. I bumped Minster up to #1 simply because I feel they are a more complete team and I don't picture them having a problem with Kalida, like the Big Green did tonight. Also, New Bremen was moved up in the rankings as they quietly keep winning games.

I agree. Minster has a great team & Ottoville plays at Minster on Jan. 20. Kalida played a great strategy, but it did not work for the win.

#12 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Ottoville bs Kalida in girls basketball is like Ohio St and Michigan in football. Records mean nothing its gonna be a battle. Guarantee you the Ottoville faithful are happy just to get out with a W

#13 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

View Postbaseballer4life, on 04 January 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

A little shakeup in the rankings after Bath loses on the road against OG and Ottoville barely wins at home against Kalida who now has 5 losses. I bumped Minster up to #1 simply because I feel they are a more complete team and I don't picture them having a problem with Kalida, like the Big Green did tonight. Also, New Bremen was moved up in the rankings as they quietly keep winning games.

No offense baller but this is where your rankings get a little flawed. I never had a problem until one little thing you pointed out. You can’t say well Ottoville barely beat Kalida and think that well because Minster might beat them by more makes them better, is not great analysis. I would have no problem if you rank minster higher, I know I would but your reasoning is illogical. Every team plays other teams differently especially in rivalry games. This is why I don’t care for people and their rankings on here because they don’t go to all the games. Either way no hard feelings just pointing that out.

Edited by Mysterio, 04 January 2018 - 10:16 PM.

#14 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

View Postbaseballer4life, on 05 January 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

That's cool, you are allowed an opinion, but I did it this way and that's that. To be the best, you can't struggle that bad against a 5 loss team, sorry.

Well you can do it that way, but expect very little, if any, credibility then because that’s not how you do it. I think Minster is probably better anyway not because Minster beat Kalida by more which is just ridiculous but because I don’t think Ottoville is exactly healthy.

To be the best, you win. That’s that.

Edited by Mysterio, 05 January 2018 - 08:36 AM.

#15 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

If you don’t care about my opinion then why did you respond? And don’t play the whole “ i don’t know what I’m taking about card” because you disagree and I upset you.

See that example is what’s wrong with you. It’s not even the same thing as what we got going on here. Iowa and whoever you pick as dukes opponent is not the same team. You pointed out that because Minster beat the same team that Ottoville just played, by more, that you are gonna rank them higher. Even though that Minster played them over a month ago. It’s just not the same. I’m not arguing about Minster being ahead of Ottoville because I agree on that, i however am disagreeing with your logic behind it. Playing a team a month ago, may not be the same as playing that team today. So you can’t use that logic. You follow me? And also to touch on your “to be the best, you can’t struggle against an average team”. You do realize that Clemson last year on their way to a NC, struggled with about 3-4 average teams and even Ohio st on their way to a NC lost to a below average team. So again that quote is also flawed. Don’t get upset at me, I’m just trying to help your logic behind how you rank teams

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

View PostMysterio, on 05 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

If you don't care about my opinion then why did you respond? And don't play the whole " i don't know what I'm taking about card" because you disagree and I upset you.

See that example is what's wrong with you. It's not even the same thing as what we got going on here. Iowa and whoever you pick as dukes opponent is not the same team. You pointed out that because Minster beat the same team that Ottoville just played, by more, that you are gonna rank them higher. Even though that Minster played them over a month ago. It's just not the same. I'm not arguing about Minster being ahead of Ottoville because I agree on that, i however am disagreeing with your logic behind it. Playing a team a month ago, may not be the same as playing that team today. So you can't use that logic. You follow me? And also to touch on your "to be the best, you can't struggle against an average team". You do realize that Clemson last year on their way to a NC, struggled with about 3-4 average teams and even Ohio st on their way to a NC lost to a below average team. So again that quote is also flawed. Don't get upset at me, I'm just trying to help your logic behind how you rank teams

Sterio.........

I love you man, but their is no talking sense to this guy....you either agree with him or you are the fool.....actually, Minster vs Ottoville will be a tough match...I give the nod to Minster simply because of the home court....I think both teams go opposite ways come tourney, but don't hold me to that!!!!!!

#17 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

View Postflounder, on 05 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Sterio.........

I love you man, but their is no talking sense to this guy....you either agree with him or you are the fool.....actually, Minster vs Ottoville will be a tough match...I give the nod to Minster simply because of the home court....I think both teams go opposite ways come tourney, but don't hold me to that!!!!!!

You're correct....OHSAA updated their brackets.....Ottoville and Minster won't meet until the state final.

Mysterio....I get where you were going with him...what he doesn't get is that Ottovile / Kalida is a huge rivalry game. I'll guarantee you Dave Kleman is happy to get out of there with a win...no matter what the 'Cats record may be. Kinda like saying that if Ohio State was #1 and beat Michigan 39-38 they would drop because #2 team won by 3 TD's....that's not gonna happen lol

#18 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

View Postflounder, on 05 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Sterio.........

Ya I think Minster at this point is a little better especially with Ottoville being banged up and you are correct Ottoville has to make the long trip there. But may I say I think Minster has arguably one of the nicest gyms in D4 that I’ve been to.

#19 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 05 January 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

You're correct....OHSAA updated their brackets.....Ottoville and Minster won't meet until the state final.

Mysterio....I get where you were going with him...what he doesn't get is that Ottovile / Kalida is a huge rivalry game. I'll guarantee you Dave Kleman is happy to get out of there with a win...no matter what the 'Cats record may be. Kinda like saying that if Ohio State was #1 and beat Michigan 39-38 they would drop because #2 team won by 3 TD's....that's not gonna happen lol

So true. It’s been like that in other sports as well.

#20 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

View PostMysterio, on 05 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Ya I think Minster at this point is a little better especially with Ottoville being banged up and you are correct Ottoville has to make the long trip there. But may I say I think Minster has arguably one of the nicest gyms in D4 that I’ve been to.
I just got done talking to a Green fan and he said nothing about them being banged up. How many are injured and are any of them serious? I'm relying on the Lady Green to get to state so I can at least celebrate a local team and have a few drinks on the house.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users