Lady Titans @ Crew Stadium

2 replies to this topic

#1 justin44

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 3352

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Where's the love for the Lady Titans in the state finals? I don't think it can be understated, even with us barely making it down to D3, how big of a deal this is for the Lady Titans to break through the vaunted I-71 soccer corridor & get to the state finals. Although soccer probably never will catch up with the major sports & hasn't caught on big in this area, & really won't probably get more popular until the next generation when more moms & dads have played it, I would put this up there, accomplishment-wise, with the boys hoops team making it to state in the 1970's (in other words, back when it was a big accomplishment with only three divisions & much better teams overall, & don't even get me started on the watered-down 7 divisions in the "other football", that's another topic line entirely). The I-71-area schools statewide that play club soccer all year long probably took our ladies for granted, but now they know better. Leave it all out there tomorrow night, ladies. Whoever the first boys team from our area is to make it this far can use you forever now as examples of how to compete with the year-round soccer programs, so good luck ladies!

#2 omniscient1

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Member No.: 738

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

I agree.... Go get'em lady Titans

#3 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

They might've lost tonight but I'm very proud to have gotten to cover those young ladies and see their growth as a team this season.......hell of a season ladies, hold your heads high you still did something no Putnam County girls team had done before.....get to the state finals in soccer.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users