Jump to content



Michigan looking VERY promising in both sports (football and basketball) with upcoming classes.


9 replies to this topic

#1 TheVanillaBum

    All District

  • Members
  • 122 posts

    Joined: 23-April 12
    Member No.: 9254

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

So, for those that don't know, Michigan basketball is bringing in Glenn Robinson Jr., Mitch McGary, and Nik Stauzkas next year. One of the best recruiting classes among the nation. On top of Burke and Hardaway returning next year, they could be on their way to a final four appearance in the near future. Now football, coming off a Sugar Bowl victory, they have a top 10 recruiting class for football coming in this year as well. This year they may be looking a possible B1G championship. But, their 2013 class is the best to date, with a whopping 11 ESPN 150 recruits. If Hoke brings the young ones up, Michigan could very well return to the team we know from early to pre 2000's. Thoughts?


#2 Guest_Victorian_*

  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Couldn't agree more.

It's Great..To Be..A Michigan Wolverine!
HAIL!

#3 FiredupDevil

    All District

  • Members
  • 119 posts

    Joined: 08-November 11
    Member No.: 9094

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Football wise Michigan faces a very tougher schedule than last year. 5 road games plus the Cowboy Classic a far cry from last year especially when the B1G Visitors record was 26-27. If Michigan can beat MSU at home they should be in INdy come Dec just with 2 or 3 losses
"Our objective is simple, to make the great state of Ohio proud" Urban F. Meyer


2014 BVC Football Prediction Champ

#4 redskin rowdy

    All State

  • Members
  • 542 posts

    Joined: 11-August 11
    Member No.: 9000

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostTheVanillaBum, on 24 April 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

So, for those that don't know, Michigan basketball is bringing in Glenn Robinson Jr., Mitch McGary, and Nik Stauzkas next year. One of the best recruiting classes among the nation. On top of Burke and Hardaway returning next year, they could be on their way to a final four appearance in the near future. Now football, coming off a Sugar Bowl victory, they have a top 10 recruiting class for football coming in this year as well. This year they may be looking a possible B1G championship. But, their 2013 class is the best to date, with a whopping 11 ESPN 150 recruits. If Hoke brings the young ones up, Michigan could very well return to the team we know from early to pre 2000's. Thoughts?
Although I will agree Michigan has a great class (can't believe i just said something positive about them) don't use ESPN as recruiting rankings use more of scout, rivals, and 24/7... their evaluations are much better and espn is very very poor.

#5 TheVanillaBum

    All District

  • Members
  • 122 posts

    Joined: 23-April 12
    Member No.: 9254

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Postredskin rowdy, on 25 April 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Although I will agree Michigan has a great class (can't believe i just said something positive about them) don't use ESPN as recruiting rankings use more of scout, rivals, and 24/7... their evaluations are much better and espn is very very poor.
Yea I agree. Due to the fact that they can't get "up close in personal" to all of the athletes. Usually they only have met the top 5 or so. That being said, they still have 11 of the top players in the nation. Usually the most you see ON SIGNING DAY is about 12-15 max. I'm more excited about the basketball part of things. Starting to be a less "tunnel visioned" university and getting away from that "football, football, football" mindset.

#6 redskin rowdy

    All State

  • Members
  • 542 posts

    Joined: 11-August 11
    Member No.: 9000

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostTheVanillaBum, on 26 April 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Yea I agree. Due to the fact that they can't get "up close in personal" to all of the athletes. Usually they only have met the top 5 or so. That being said, they still have 11 of the top players in the nation. Usually the most you see ON SIGNING DAY is about 12-15 max. I'm more excited about the basketball part of things. Starting to be a less "tunnel visioned" university and getting away from that "football, football, football" mindset.
Great hockey program, and baseball is the last B1G team I believe to make college world series, that was also around 1984 I believe though. Other than that though I don't know much about them guys.

#7 redskin rowdy

    All State

  • Members
  • 542 posts

    Joined: 11-August 11
    Member No.: 9000

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

National Signing day "bump", so much fail in this thread.

#8 kaizen

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,536 posts

    Joined: 06-December 07
    Member No.: 3042

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

mich. recruits dropping like dead june bugs

#9 FlightCrew

    All District

  • Members
  • 407 posts

    Joined: 29-May 13
    Member No.: 9467

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

Not for long...... :punk:

#10 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,657 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

Jim Harbaugh, Super Bowl loser and winner of zero championships at the college or pro level will be an improvement over Brady Hoke and should help re-invigorate a rivalry that has recently become somewhat staid. Though some Mich. fans found Brady Hoke's attempt to disparate the wolverines from Ohio St. by calling the buckeyes "ohio" humorous.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users