Weather conditions

4 replies to this topic

#1 wildsoccerman

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Member No.: 835

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:34 PM

I'm not even in track, but I went to watch the state track finals because I have a cousin that participated in it, and the weather conditions were absolutely HORRIBLE. I couldn't believe that they allowed the events to continue.I know that the pole-vaulting was post-poned until somewhere around 7:00 or so the next morning. Pole vaulting is dangerous enough but to add water to it and make the turf and the poles slippery makes it even worse. It looked like it was pretty hard to do their best when each person had to worry about slipping or falling and messing up.

#2 silverwings

All District

• Members
  • 265 posts

Member No.: 815

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

Yes, it was pretty terrible conditions during the morning and early afternoon - later in the day it wasn't too bad - I guess that's why they call the surface 'an all-weather track'!

The D-II boys pole vault was moved to Saturday morning at 7:00 AM - the D-III boys started about 7:30 PM Friday night.

Saturday was beautiful, though!
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run to win, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you get the prize! 1 Cor 9:23

#3 wildsoccerman

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

that's good to hear that it there was nice weather conditions on saturday

#4 polevaulter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Member No.: 846

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

i bet some of the vaulters like shane shockey and gray horn and jenna oard could have done better if the weather conditions wouldn't have been so bad.......

#5 wildsoccerman

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:11 PM

i was watching the DII pole-vaulting, and not many people were clearing the bar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users