Shout out to Spencerville

30 replies to this topic

#21 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm trying to be nice but Goecke's not getting the job done. There has to be someone else who can throw the ball well 5-10 times a game.

#22 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostDr. Lou, on 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'm trying to be nice but Goecke's not getting the job done. There has to be someone else who can throw the ball well 5-10 times a game.

Welcome to Morris's Wing T....all run, with poor waggle passes. I say if he is good enough to run option, then make the most of the run game and hope you can surprise teams over the top with the passing game.

#23 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

but as you can see, they can't throw the ball what so ever so if they ever get behind with less than 2 minutes left in the game, THEY'RE SCREWED! There has to be someone to throw that 10-15 yard flag pattern or a 5 yard out pattern to guys that are typically WIDE open.

#24 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostDr. Lou, on 04 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

but as you can see, they can't throw the ball what so ever so if they ever get behind with less than 2 minutes left in the game, THEY'RE SCREWED! There has to be someone to throw that 10-15 yard flag pattern or a 5 yard out pattern to guys that are typically WIDE open.

Like I said...welcome to Morris's Wing-T. DJ never really had any great QBs while they ran it. It's 5 core plays and then waggle passes. Hard to develop a good QB out of that. You have to win it on the ground and put yourself in a situation where you aren't playing from behind.

#25 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostDr. Lou, on 04 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

You can't be serious. You had 2 years of Zerbe's chuck and duck offense that got you 0 wins. Morris comes in installs an offense that brings success and most importantly wins. Now you don't like the fact you can't throw. I think if Morris would move on your team would be SCREWED.But then again Zerbe could go back to chuck and duck.

Edited by JohnMcClane, 05 October 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#26 NoSoup4U

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Member No.: 506

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 05 October 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

You can't be serious. You had 2 years of Zerbe's chuck and duck offense that got you 0 wins. Morris comes in installs an offense that brings success and most importantly wins. Now you don't like the fact you can't throw. I think if Morris would move on your team would be SCREWED.But then again Zerbe could go back to chuck and duck.
I agree, without Jim Morris and his offense it would be a mess once more.........

#27 TheGreatBambino

All League

• Members
  • 48 posts

Member No.: 9312

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Post4U2NV, on 01 October 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

The Spencerville boys was not satisfied withe the loss.Just saying what a great effort. If Coop loss he would be back in the halls of Lima S.R. looking for more players.
I laugh every time i see a ignorant post like this. Most players that come on voucher at LCC come in the younger grades starting from 1st grade and up. Jerry Cooper must be going to pee wee football games knowing that these 10 year old kids are going to be absolute studs at age 17. I do give credit to spencerville for almost having the biggest upset in NWC league play in the past 3 years.

#28 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostTheGreatBambino, on 07 October 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I laugh every time i see a ignorant post like this. Most players that come on voucher at LCC come in the younger grades starting from 1st grade and up. Jerry Cooper must be going to pee wee football games knowing that these 10 year old kids are going to be absolute studs at age 17. I do give credit to spencerville for almost having the biggest upset in NWC league play in the past 3 years.

LCC JH team is not good.. But when they get in HS they will be a good team because they will get a couple kids from the city schools JH teams who are in the city schools now earning their voucher and that is a fact.. Whether they are recruited or not is a different debate

#29 TheGreatBambino

All League

• Members
  • 48 posts

Member No.: 9312

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postdw629, on 07 October 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

LCC JH team is not good.. But when they get in HS they will be a good team because they will get a couple kids from the city schools JH teams who are in the city schools now earning their voucher and that is a fact.. Whether they are recruited or not is a different debate
The reason for their Junior high teams lack of success is beacuse the best athletes in the school is not playing for the njunior high team. The reason they arent playing for the junior high team is because of the Lima City Midget program letting the players play their last year which is 7th grade. Now normally the 8th grade team wins the conference but this year is rare because only 11 kids came out for 8th grade junior high football. LCC brings up 7th graders to help the 8th grade out.

#30 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yeah I can't remember a recent year in which the LCC junior high programs have been bad at football. Maybe 2001? Seriously, this year they are bad but as mentioned before, they only had 11 kids come out for 8th grade football this year. I expect that to be one of the weakest classes in LCC footballs recent memory as they progress through high school.

#31 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 05 October 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

You didn't understand me correctly. I like this wing-T offense because it fits Spencerville perfectly, but it would be nice if the Bearcats had someone who could throw the football 5-10 times a game they actually do pass with success. Goecke's a good kid but not a varsity QB.

Also, Zerbe didn't run a chuck and duck offense. It was a spread that they threw out of maybe 15 times a game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users