reds cardinals pirates cubs brewers

47 replies to this topic

#41 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

I think you'll see Chapman in the pen. The Reds have been tight-lipped on his roll all spring, and now we know why with Madsen's injury. Even with this setback, the Reds still have upgraded immensely in both the rotation and bullpen. I think Rolen's games will be cut down seriously and any games he can give the Reds will be icing on the cake. I'm a little concerned as the team has not played real well this spring, hopefully they'll be ready when the bell rings next week.

#42 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostCommon Sense, on 25 March 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

I think you'll see Chapman in the pen. The Reds have been tight-lipped on his roll all spring, and now we know why with Madsen's injury. Even with this setback, the Reds still have upgraded immensely in both the rotation and bullpen. I think Rolen's games will be cut down seriously and any games he can give the Reds will be icing on the cake. I'm a little concerned as the team has not played real well this spring, hopefully they'll be ready when the bell rings next week.

My only concern with Chapman is his control. He has electric stuff to say the least but a closer many times has a 1 run lead. Walking people can cause many blown saves. As a starter you can get away more with the walks. Reds still the favorite though.

#43 cardsfan

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 865

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Cards up by 3 and look to have a lot of depth. Reds OF of Bruce, Stubbs, Ludwick and Heisey hitting under .200 combined with 35 Ks in 10 games. Rolen around .100

#44 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

ya reds don't look good right now. dusty needs to go as there is no fire in this team. they simply look like they are going thru the motions while he chomps away on the toothpick. top 3 guys, phillips, cozart, and votto are all around .300 then tales off quickly after that. bad part is there is no one behind votto to protect him, so why pitch to him? pitching hasn't been bad, just can't score runs. latos so far has been bad but if you look he is normally slow, like 1-8, in april. hopefully things get turned around quick so they aren't fighting out of too big of hole
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#45 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

reds back on a roll and only 2.5 back. still not hitting the greatest but have shown signs of life. bullpen has been great to this point.
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#46 Guest_95 Z Out_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

What does Lance Berkman's knee injury do to the Cardinals? On Baseball Tonight they were talking about the StL doctors suspecting cartilage damage, but Berkman being concerned about the ACL. If it's the latter, can the Cards generate enough offense without Pujols and Berkman in the middle of the lineup?

I think things just got better for the Reds with this development. They probably have at least six weeks to overtake the Cards and build a lead before Berkman comes back.

#47 RonnyD

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 5083

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

The next stretch of games is the most important of the season. Nine of the next 15 games are at home, and after this Braves series, the next 12 games are against bad NL Central opponents (6 against the Pirates, 3 against the Astros).

Now is the time for the hitting to wake up and the Reds to go on a prolonged streak. Without Berkman, Jay, and Craig, and with Beltran also being affected by a bad wheel at the moment, the Cards will be struggling to score consistently.

#48 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Big 3 game series this week in Ohio. Reds and Indians at Cincy. Cueto goes tonight, should be advantage Reds. Leake and Latos in games 2/3. Reds need to start winning series again. Pirates are now tied with the Reds and it does not look like they are going away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users