Can Van Buren Turn this seaon around?? Thoughts

150 replies to this topic

#21 benchwarmer104

All District

• Members
  • 106 posts

Member No.: 2678

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

I say just ignore Man Fan. It's not like we care what he says. Talk away coach! You don't get a lot of time to talk to us at practice, so talk it up here. Nobody cares about Man Fan and if we ignore him, he'll leave...

If the D-fences of any team we play are slow or weak, we have a superb chance of beating them. Our forwards are super-fast, especially with Sleas up front, and can beat a weak D. We get better every week we play, so I feel our last few games will be our strongest getting ready for the state tournaments.

VBSuperstar: Just FYI, if we win 8 games this year, we will have a winning season. We play 16 games, so we tied one, and with 8 wins we would have 7 losses, which = a winning season. Good job though.

#22 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Member No.: 2307

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

I don't think that Man U Fan is going anywhere bench, but you're right... 8 wins is a winning season for you guys, and you can do it... but look out for Man U fan, he knows what he's talking about.... I just hope that he's wrong this time...

#23 VBSuperStar2

All League

• Members
  • 69 posts

Member No.: 2317

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

yes, man u fan knows his stuff... also, bench, 6 or 7 wins would NOT be a winning season though... i never said 8 wasn't a winning season, i said a winning season would be tough to do, and 8 is possible.. who knows- lets just focus on FJ tomorrow...

#24 formercoach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Member No.: 2089

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(Coach21 @ Sep 16 2007, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were 2-4-1 as of now...Remaining schedule

Ft.Jennings- Going to be a tough game but if they beat kalida and we tied them no reason we can't get the win..still a tough game

Tiffin Calvert- Should be a win, they have one descent kid

Tiffin Columbian- Should be a win, I hear they have a very very weak defense, an ok midfield and ok forwards

Miller City- Going to be a tough game, Very very physical and big team

Old Fort- Should be a win plain and simple

Bluffton- They lost a lot last year rebuilding this year, should take advantage of the slow Defense

Riverdale- Always a good game, can't call this one right now, They did just lose to LB and from what i hear they've only given up 4 goals all season and to give up 3 to LB the other day im told there Defense is very very down right now, Will see

Liberty Benton- Not a bad team, My inside scoop told me they play a lot of balls to the Whittaker boy and thats pretty much it

Mohawk- Better Win

Hopefully my predictions are right but i think we can pull out 9 wins this season

I dont see many wins here.

Yes on Mohawk, Old Fort, and the two Tiffins. The other ones could get ugly.

I agree with manfan on this one.

#25 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

Tie tonight brings knights to 2-4-2, and the two ties were against good PCL teams. WIns agianst Bryan and... uh some other school (yeah I know PG). Keep up the good play and nobody can stop the Knights it seems right now... It took one win and on it goes from there...

#26 Eskimo

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Member No.: 377

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

Man United just sounds like a negative, bitter person. At this point, it doesn't matter so much what your record is, it's how deep you can make it in tournaments. I believe that VB can make a good run at it. Good luck with the rest of your season. There are a lot of us out there behind you Knights!

#27 Rembrandt Q. Einstein

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 2501

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

Someone got bad info on LB if you're honing in on Whitaker & Whitaker alone...

#28 benchwarmer104

All District

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

Do you have any useful information about LB, RQE? Why are we wrong focusing on Whitaker alone?

#29 vbsoccer30

All League

• Members
  • 34 posts

Member No.: 2698

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

about man u fan he can shove it i mean he dosent know us as ppl or how hard we can play he goes by how good he thinks other teams are and how good we are truth is u can play 79:50 of good d fence but u let down that guard for even 10 sec and someone can score its not about records or who thinks who is better now its about who wants it more and i think vb has more heart than most teams and hey coach like bench said keep talking up out here i mean u just graduated not to long ago comapred to tom and the others u have a even or somewhat better idea of high school so when u dont get the time to talk to much out on the field go home and say what u got to say on here we all listen to u and respect what u say and i am always trying to talk to u in practice to better my self casue i kno u kno what ur talking about and ur a great coach so keep it up and like i said type away

#30 formercoach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Member No.: 2089

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

Good Lord. I think my eyeballs fell out trying to read that last post.

Manfan is not being negative, he is giving you some realistic criticism. I agreed with his thoughts on the rest of your games. Does that make me a bad guy for having a differing opinion?

It's one thing to show improvement on the field versus riding the hype train on an internet site. Though I picked against you, I dont think that tying FJ was a huge accomplishment this year. Im glad that you won, BUT you have to beat a bigger dog this year before outsiders will consider you a threat once again. Tying Kalida was a good start.

#31 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:17 PM

Its all right, at one point I predicted something like... 4 wins for the Knights and that was what I thought, at the time, was realistic. I got told off about that... but now however I believe that this team can accomplish so much more... but, I do think that you guys have a long way to go... good luck with your season, but you still have LB, Bluffton, Riverdale... tough season still

#32 Rembrandt Q. Einstein

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

Benchwarmer, yes.

Edited by Rembrandt Q. Einstein, 20 September 2007 - 06:35 AM.

#33 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:12 AM

Heres a thought... treat everyone as a threat and then you don't have to worry about it...

#34 benchwarmer104

All District

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

A little scouting report never hurt! If you're willing to devulge that information RQE...

#35 benchwarmer104

All District

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

The Black Knights are on a roll, beating Tiffin Calvert (and yes, I know, it's nothing to brag about) at home (yes, yes, I know...) 8-0. Up next, Tiffin Columbian. A bit harder, but should be the same or better outcome. MVP tonight = Tyler Adams. Congrats!

#36 vbsoccer30

All League

• Members
  • 34 posts

Member No.: 2698

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:32 PM

yo bench columnbian isnt better they lost to mowhak but maybe they will give us a good game who knos hey go check out that commnet i left after u talked about m flanagons shot u said it was 3inches i am pretty sure it was 4 lol

#37 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

Threre is still that Upper blemish Knights... don't go get big headed now.

#38 nwsoccerfan1

All District

• Members
  • 116 posts

Member No.: 2701

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

whitaker is 1/4th of the scoring threat at liberty benton.. 2 of those scorers are better than him and one is right with him

#39 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

So Vb, here's the full report... don't let anybody score and none of them are better than the other against you guys...

#40 Rembrandt Q. Einstein

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:42 PM

My only point about LB was that everyone has given them a hard time for various reasons this year, correctly or incorrectly is neither here nor there. No matter your personal opinion about them this is a GOOD team when they're in the mood. Skill, pace, slick passing game front-to-back, and they defend well. Can get you from many routes. In addition to this they have one VERY good player which may not be the one you have mentioned. I was only saying that this is not a One-Trick Pony.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users