• You cannot reply to this topic
65 replies to this topic

#21 knightmare07

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Member No.: 2307

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Van Buren, I know this is not the end of the season that you were looking for but be proud of all that you accomplished, you won almost as many games this year as the last three combined. I enjoyed hearing about this team and everything they were accomplishing. Welcome back VB.

#22 Deuce22

All District

• Members
  • 344 posts

Member No.: 2681

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (just_a_fan @ Oct 22 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Knoxville and Benton game was a good physical game. Refs blew a call in the box early on in second half for Benton, player argued and was sent off with a hard red. Physical game all the way through. Good opportunities by both teams. Knoxville finished a bouncing ball in the box with six left in double OT.

The kid obviously did more than arguing to get a red ... the kid seem to be mad most of the game, so it's hard to believe that all he did was argue ... nonetheless the game was a tough and hard fought game in which both teams played hard..knoxville just struck the golden one when it needed. Lets not forget Knoxville is one of 2 Temple losses during the regular season should be a dandy next Tuesday.

Edited by Deuce22, 23 October 2009 - 08:02 AM.

#23 CLIMAX

• Members
  • 18 posts

Member No.: 5195

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

If there was any year that it was unexpected for ottoville to beat kailda it was this year. Next year if these teams meet maybe kalida should just forfeit the game. Why delay the inevitable wedgie.gif

#24 no_name

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Member No.: 5207

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Deuce22 @ Oct 23 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The kid obviously did more than arguing to get a red ... the kid seem to be mad most of the game, so it's hard to believe that all he did was argue ... nonetheless the game was a tough and hard fought game in which both teams played hard..knoxville just struck the golden one when it needed. Lets not forget Knoxville is one of 2 Temple losses during the regular season should be a dandy next Tuesday.

This is in fact wrong. As a direct quote the kid yells "what the hell" after being taken down from behind on a breakaway. One of the two fouls described here warrants a red card. The other very clearly a yellow card, although that wouldn't have happened with referees who were even remotely competent. The refs were garbage for the the entire game, going both ways. I do have a slight bias but I will admit they missed a fair share of both LB and New Knoxville calls.

#25 Deuce22

All District

• Members
  • 344 posts

Member No.: 2681

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (no_name @ Oct 23 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is in fact wrong. As a direct quote the kid yells "what the hell" after being taken down from behind on a breakaway. One of the two fouls described here warrants a red card. The other very clearly a yellow card, although that wouldn't have happened with referees who were even remotely competent. The refs were garbage for the the entire game, going both ways. I do have a slight bias but I will admit they missed a fair share of both LB and New Knoxville calls.

Direct quote from...??? as in you heard him?....I'm just curious to know what he said as anyone else?

Edited by Deuce22, 23 October 2009 - 09:33 AM.

#26 CLIMAX

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Deuce22 @ Oct 23 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Direct quote from...??? as in you heard him?....I'm just curious to know what he said as anyone else?

Makes me wonder if he doesn't play for LB whistling.gif

#27 no_name

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (CLIMAX @ Oct 23 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Makes me wonder if he doesn't play for LB whistling.gif

I in fact do not currently play at LB. I am a graduate. I did hear him say it. Also if you were at the game you would see that he did not "argue" with the referee. It was a singular comment which is never grounds for a straight red. Also anyone who can honestly say that he was not fouled could not possible understand soccer. He was past all defenders and was taken down from behind.

In regards to refereeing in general that game, LB also had one of their center backs leave the field with what was diagnosed at the time as a possible fracture to the temple/eye socket area.

#28 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Member No.: 3752

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (no_name @ Oct 23 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I in fact do not currently play at LB. I am a graduate. I did hear him say it. Also if you were at the game you would see that he did not "argue" with the referee. It was a singular comment which is never grounds for a straight red. Also anyone who can honestly say that he was not fouled could not possible understand soccer. He was past all defenders and was taken down from behind.

In regards to refereeing in general that game, LB also had one of their center backs leave the field with what was diagnosed at the time as a possible fracture to the temple/eye socket area.

As stated in previous posts...."Soccer is a contact sport." violin.gif
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#29 no_name

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Theodore @ Oct 23 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As stated in previous posts...."Soccer is a contact sport." violin.gif

At no point did I say it wasn't. The argument was more about why a singular comment like that warranted a straight red. I just felt the need to mention that LB was also playing down a very good defender due to referees allowing for elbows and overly-aggressive confrontations in the air. I've played and watched enough soccer to know what kind of physical play is acceptable and what isn't. Aggressive (read not straight up) contact in the air is by definition not acceptable as well as repeatedly elbowing players in the back of the head to win the ball in the air.

There is already a formal complaint to the OHSAA about the quality of the refereeing. And I mean that very much in both ways as I feel they repeatedly missed calls on both ends of the field even though I am highlighting the ones that remain obvious to me from an LB standpoint. I feel New Knoxville likely should have had a PK although I can't remember if it was late in regulation or in the OT's. The times kind of blend together.

#30 nwsoccerfan1

All District

• Members
  • 116 posts

Member No.: 2701

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Deuce- You are my entertainment for the day.

The player kept his head the whole game, but when being taken down from behind in the second half of a 0-0 game, he lost his cool for a second. He deserved a yellow card.

With that said, it should have been a PK and a red card for the player who took him down when he was on a break away.

Anyone who knows me know I have a bit of a bias as does "Noname", however any neutral fan at the game would have certainly agreed with my thoughts.

Edited by nwsoccerfan1, 23 October 2009 - 11:25 AM.

#31 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Member No.: 1177

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

Glad to hear there were no beach balls on the pitch yesterday bahahaha.. Congrads to Bluffton and New Knoxville.. Glad to see Coach Luthman change that program around
Victory Through Harmony- AFC

#32 CLIMAX

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Warrior4 @ Oct 23 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear there were no beach balls on the pitch yesterday bahahaha.. Congrads to Bluffton and New Knoxville.. Glad to see Coach Luthman change that program around

smile.gif but Luthman still hasn't changed running his mouth and getting a yellow clap.gif

#33 RonnyD

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 5083

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (CLIMAX @ Oct 23 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif but Luthman still hasn't changed running his mouth and getting a yellow clap.gif

CLIMAX-

I thought you "just moved here from Cleveland" and have "only seen a few games," no?

#34 CLIMAX

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (RonnyD @ Oct 23 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CLIMAX-

I thought you "just moved here from Cleveland" and have "only seen a few games," no?

Quite the memory "RonnyD"!!!! Very true I did move from cleveland but lived in the Lima area YEARS ago but had little interest in soccer at the time but
I'm glad the sport is growing. And also know the coach great guy! Just so into the game sometimes he gets out of control. To his credit it does seem as if he gets a few calls his way. Meant nothing personal towards the coach in the statement above just having fun.

Edited by CLIMAX, 23 October 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#35 futebolfan

All District

• Members
  • 225 posts

Member No.: 3972

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (CLIMAX @ Oct 23 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quite the memory "RonnyD"!!!! Very true I did move from cleveland but lived in the Lima area YEARS ago but had little interest in soccer at the time but
I'm glad the sport is growing. And also know the coach great guy! Just so into the game sometimes he gets out of control. To his credit it does seem as if he gets a few calls his way. Meant nothing personal towards the coach in the statement above just having fun.

I’ll agree with that. Luthman is a great high school coach who has done a terrific job building up New Knoxville after putting Fort Jennings on the map.

Was at the LB/NK game last night – I wouldn’t say the officiating was that bad, overall. Sure, some TERRIBLE officiating with the red card, but otherwise it seemed to be a very evenly called game. Physical on both sides and actually pretty consistent.

In regards to the straight red FWIW– from what I heard, the Red was for the player saying “what the hell are you doing?” toward the ref, and the ref categorized this statement/question as being “abusive behavior toward the referee.”

Sorry, but that is a BLOWN call. He missed what should have been an easy PK call, only to straight red a player for saying that? Grow some thicker skin, man.

Overall a great game, though. LB didn’t really seem to be affected that much by being down a man for almost 60 minutes. Obviously it had an effect, but they played well through it. New Knoxville played a very controlled game and just completely shut down any attack that came their way.

TC-NK should be a great game.

#36 futebolfan

All District

• Members
  • 225 posts

Member No.: 3972

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

Question for the Temple people (since I don't think there are any New Knoxville supporters on here) - NK beat Temple earlier this year, right? I thought I had heard they did, at least. Was Temple at full strength for that game?

#37 jugardefutbol

All League

• Members
  • 29 posts

Member No.: 3677

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

in regards to your statement futebol that nk shut down any attack to come at them, the straight red was issued to a 4 year varsity letter winner who was lbs best attacker. so after that with only ten guys they probably had trouble finding another way to get anything going without going through him

#38 THE-KOOL-AID-MAN

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 5028

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Theodore @ Oct 22 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
R.I.P. DISSENT......Please don't come back! sleep1.gif

amen stay away you HATER!!!

#39 The Joker

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Member No.: 5174

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

I dont know why im not seeing more posts about this Kalida/Ottoville game? im still shocked to know that Ottoville knocked Kalida AGAIN!!! laugh.gif I mean that makes it three years in a row! laugh.gif You know ill give Kalida credit tho of them three years they did have a great team and Ottoville had a pretty good team the last two years...but ive heard about how Ottoville is playing and for them to lose 5 of their last 6 in the season and then turn it around and beat once again Kalida! now that is what i call taking a huge step in the other direction! This in my opinion would have to be the most disappointing tournament loss in Kalida soccer history ohmy.gif

#40 no_name

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (jugardefutbol @ Oct 23 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in regards to your statement futebol that nk shut down any attack to come at them, the straight red was issued to a 4 year varsity letter winner who was lbs best attacker. so after that with only ten guys they probably had trouble finding another way to get anything going without going through him

This could not be more correct. The LB squad is quite young and losing a veteran attacker almost by definition shut down the attack. Not taking away from the New Knoxville defense but the straight red was probably the biggest contributing factor to no LB offense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users