24 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postmaddog, on 18 May 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

Guess you are not a gymnastics fan. I for one am tired of watching Brecksville (public school) dominate the state each year. I think we should demand reform so that all the other young ladies in the state can have an equal chance of winning since for the last 6 years or more they have not. A travesty is being permitted here and must end. Where is Mr. Ross on this issue?

The number of schools with Gymnastics is alot smaller.
Mr B

#22 doslobos

All District

• Members
  • 103 posts

Member No.: 9220

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostMr Bearcat, on 17 May 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

The biggest thing in my opinion is the boundary issue. Private schools have no boundary in enrolling students. Public schools May have Open Enrollment, but they have an actual boundary from where a majority of students come from.

Open Enrollment takes away the boundaries. It literally becomes the same a private schools in that regard. Sure, most public school students reside in the district, but most private school students live close to said school as well. A student can choose to travel just as far to a school with open enrollment as it can any private school. They have the exact same advantage in that aspect.

#23 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Postdoslobos, on 18 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Open Enrollment takes away the boundaries. It literally becomes the same a private schools in that regard. Sure, most public school students reside in the district, but most private school students live close to said school as well. A student can choose to travel just as far to a school with open enrollment as it can any private school. They have the exact same advantage in that aspect.

That theroy is Not 100% true. Public Schools can lose as students to Open Enrollment as they gain. Open Enrollment in Public Schools doesn't add up to a big number in their overall enrollment. Therefore the majority of students in Public Schools live in their respective districts. I would agree that most Private school students live close to their respective school. Hovever, the difference is they survive on Open Enrollment, since they have no set district/boundary.
Mr B

#24 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostRocketman, on 17 May 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

I will be posting an op-ed piece to the site later today........

the piece RM spoke of, here:
http://rocketcorner....=0
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#25 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm pretty indifferent on the competitive balance proposal and wouldn't have cared if it passed or failed as either way, you are getting pros and cons.

This issue is about impossible to stop. Yes, separating private and public would eliminate about 80% of the BS in recruitment and all that jazz, but at the same token, some of the public schools *cough* Glenville *cough* do it as well, so what are you going to do about them? You can't really put a "boundary" on a Cleveland City School. It's no coincidence that the Cleveland City Schools have some of the worst football programs in the state, yet Glenville has one of the best in the state and gets arguably the most D1 college athletes in the state annually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users