Coach Kill (LCC)

42 replies to this topic

#21 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

Coach's jobs are tough, you have a lot of people to please, and not just the people on your teams. But "most" coaches get what they deserve. If you are dead set on only playing 6 or 7 kids, and you just simply don't sub kids in at ANY opportunity, then don't complain when kids stop coming out. The days are over where kids just happily sit on the bench and hope to get in a minute or two at the ends of blowouts. I've always like the programs that play 8-10 kids, press and really use depth to win games. Every team has their 2-3 "best" players, but there generally isn't much difference in players 6-7-8-9-10, use them all!

#22 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

Gone too are the days where most small towns can find more than 2-3 kids willing to work on their game. But 8-10 expect equal playing time...true!

I'm surprised anyone coaches...

Edited by Dman, 18 December 2015 - 03:25 PM.

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#23 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostDman, on 18 December 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

Gone too are the days where most small towns can find more than 2-3 kids willing to work on their game. But 8-10 expect equal playing time...true!

I'm surprised anyone coaches...
And let's not forget that the 8-10 players have mommies and daddies that expect equal playing time...true!

#24 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

View Postmysteryman2014, on 16 December 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Speaking of running score up or keeping blowout Coach Kill (if thats what you want call him)
He was up by 15 or more in 4th quarter against OG and his starters didnt come out even after OG pulled theirs.
and continued to play them until final buzzer.
But Kill is a Jack @$$.He made a comment after Ref called foul on one his guys that kid from OG couldnt even tie his own shoes let alone draw that foul. How disrespectful.
I will not be surprised if he quits coaching after this year.
The talent he has coming up is very weak.
Kill has won by the talent he has had over the last 3-4 years.
Kimbrough, Simpson, Cobbs, Walton, Dixon
he has not coached them to victory they have won on pure talent and role players Williams, Taffinger, O Conner.
He is a cry baby and complains and wines about everything.
If he does stay which i will be surprised we will really see a crybaby because he will not win many games.
And as far as schedule goes i hope some of those games were one year contract or he is in deep.
Ive seen OG JV and Freshmen teams and they have alot talent coming up not to mention 2 Soph playing Varsity.
What comes around goes around and would Luv see OG run the score up big on them next year.
But wait i doubt it because their coach is more respectful then that.

Man.....grow up and quit crying........and, I personally know Frank Kill and he is a respectable guy....not one bit arrogant....hey, your Titans were pummeled by a better team.....get better is my only recommendation!!!!!

#25 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

View Postflounder, on 18 December 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

Man.....grow up and quit crying........and, I personally know Frank Kill and he is a respectable guy....not one bit arrogant....hey, your Titans were pummeled by a better team.....get better is my only recommendation!!!!!

Frankie might have split personalities on and off the court. Because he is everything you say he isn't for 32 minutes 20 some times a year.

#26 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 19 December 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Frankie might have split personalities on and off the court. Because he is everything you say he isn't for 32 minutes 20 some times a year.

Frankie competes, and competing will sometimes bring out the bad side of you emotionally.....seriously...do you think Frank is disrespectful in real life and he acts the same way off the court as on it.....and 'mysteryman' is just blowing off steam because his beloved Titans were not shown any respect.....sounds like they were manhandled a bit........as I said earlier....get better OG if you want to compete with the Tbirds!!!!!

#27 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 19 December 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Sounds like Frank Albers, Marion Local's former coach. If you judged him solely by how he acted on the court you thought he was a "blankety blank blank"!!!!

#28 Coach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Member No.: 15

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

Not in anyway trying to show you up Bobby because you are one of the best on this forum. You are a class guy. But actually his name was Jack Albers that Coached the Marion local team. You are exactly right about Jack. Couldn't find a better person off the court. If you didn't know him you would think this guy is a real a$$, awful person. What a great guy, teacher and coach. He was also very competitive in the classroom. His students always ranked at the top in state testing in Math. He was just so competitive, not to many like him!

#29 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

Frank Kill is fun to watch. His mood swings with his on the court personality might be a put off to some people but I've known the man since 2003. I've watched him become a father and he has great kids. He has been assist dean to students at LCC in the past, I'm not sure if he still is because my kids have graduated but he's fair to the students. If there's trouble, he talks to the kids, gets to the root of the problems and gives his time freely to help solve any problems they might have or if they ask for help. He's a great teacher, he makes it fun and but he's no push over in the class room. He's excellent with communication with parents and there is no other religion teacher I would have wanted for my kids at LCC. He's strong in his faith and knows the bible. I know this will open up some "haters replies" with them last remarks. But I can honestly say LCC is very lucky to have the guy. Many of you have said for the past few years.....this will be Frankies last year...... blah blah blah....but he's still there and he's there to stay. He will not be leaving just because the talent is low.

#30 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostCoach, on 19 December 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Not in anyway trying to show you up Bobby because you are one of the best on this forum. You are a class guy. But actually his name was Jack Albers that Coached the Marion local team. You are exactly right about Jack. Couldn't find a better person off the court. If you didn't know him you would think this guy is a real a$$, awful person. What a great guy, teacher and coach. He was also very competitive in the classroom. His students always ranked at the top in state testing in Math. He was just so competitive, not to many like him!

Yes, Jack. When you're my age getting half the name right is a win! :) Correct me whenever needed.
I heard the same about Jack. I can see him now with a beet red face, veins popping just ripping into a ref. But he was a super teacher and a calm, personable guy off the court.

#31 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

Coach......

I never knew Jack when he was a coach, but always enjoyed his antics....my one son was coached by him during a summer b-ball camp and had nothing but kinds words to say about the man.....a few years back, I had the pleasure of sitting next to Jack Albers at a state tourney game.....all I can say is...what a kind man and it was a pleasure just sharing things with him about MAC basketball.....he remembered my son and also shared many interesting views.......truly a great person and teacher!!!!!!!

#32 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostOsu4me, on 19 December 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Frank Kill is fun to watch. His mood swings with his on the court personality might be a put off to some people.

You really are making me miss Coach Homier. I always enjoyed seeing him pace back and forth.

#33 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

Only real challenge the T-birds face this regular season is the Spartans.. That game is going to be epic!
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#34 Coffeecreek

All State

• Members
  • 893 posts

Member No.: 3034

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

Has anyone ruled out the possibility that this was some sort of "payback" ? Maybe the OG coach ran it up on Kill in the past? Or perhaps one of his coaching colleagues? Don't know either coach...just curious. Either way, it's not the LCC coach's job to keep the game close; that's the OG coach's responsibility.

#35 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostSpartan87, on 20 December 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Only real challenge the T-birds face this regular season is the Spartans.. That game is going to be epic!
you got that right. It's at LCC Tues Jan 26th. Will be a sell out for sure!

#36 Coach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Member No.: 15

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

The biggest challenge the Spartans will have all year will be the Spartans themselves. How healthy do they stay, (sickness /injuries) team chemistry. Sometimes you just don't have enough basketballs to go around!

#37 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Member No.: 9542

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:45 AM

View Postflounder, on 19 December 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Frankie competes, and competing will sometimes bring out the bad side of you emotionally.....seriously...do you think Frank is disrespectful in real life and he acts the same way off the court as on it.....and 'mysteryman' is just blowing off steam because his beloved Titans were not shown any respect.....sounds like they were manhandled a bit........as I said earlier....get better OG if you want to compete with the Tbirds!!!!!

Nope not blowing off any steam.
Just stating facts that anyone who ever watches LCC knows Kill is a Whine Baby and acts ridiculous.
Example being 2 yrs ago against Elida Cobbs drove baseline and was called out bounds.
After game Kill was running to refs locker room banging on door complaining he was not out bounds.
due to a video on a phone LOL
thats respectful.
And i am just a fan of high school basketball not any one team.
And believe me LCC is in for a long next few years.
And OG has alot of talent coming up.

#38 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Member No.: 9542

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostSpartan87, on 20 December 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thought it was going to be epic last season.
I actually think Spartans are going to be better this year then last.
LSH will win by double digits.

#39 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

A little perspective on this topic...

http://limaohio.com/...uth-can-now-see

#40 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

Mystery:

Like last year I think Lima Senior is too deep for LCC, and a little more athletic. Thing LCC has going for them is no fear of Senior. Agree Senior should win by double digits, but it's a rivalry game. All I know is it's gonna be packed and a wonderful atmosphere!
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users