49 replies to this topic

#1 meanestkidaround

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 4041

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

How do you think he will turn out?
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

#2 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

In my mind he could be a good QB in college but he chose the wrong college....why did he chose a college where a red shirt freshman is the starter right now?

#3 doughash

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Member No.: 135

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

Neither of the QB's I've seen play for Miami(Raudabaugh and Belton) has been overly impressive. I think Zac will eventually get his chance and it won't take 3 years.

#4 roadrunner

All State

• Members
  • 678 posts

Member No.: 3023

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:14 AM

I have a feeling that Zac's chance is coming very very soon
xoxo

#5 WONBulldog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,258 posts

Member No.: 1146

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

I dunno...how soon is August?
"You, my good man, are a scholar and a gentleman."
"Well, I may be a scholar, but I most certainly am not a gentleman."

#6 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (WONBulldog @ Nov 9 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno...how soon is August?

LOL..I was oingto say the same thing...but you know WON.......Shane has pulled some stupid stuff in the past..... whistling.gif

#7 roadrunner

All State

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

Well it would not make much sense to pull his redshirt off this year. Zac should transfer to Michigan State. I'm being serious too, they have no quarterbacks!!
xoxo

#8 1st & 10

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 2846

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:34 AM

No, I think Zac made the right decision in going to Miami. He's a bright kid and he was aware of the QB situation there. I believe he also knows he can take that #1 spot next year. I've read Redhawk blogs in the past that predict this. Right now he's biding his time, studying the playbook and putting on some muscle(if you run into him you will notice the weight he has put on this past year). But, time will only tell and I can't wait to attend my first Redhawk game with Dysert at the helm.
"One chance is all you need." - Jesse Owens (1913-1980); "The Buckeye Bullet"

#9 roadrunner

All State

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

Hopefully since he has a year of college practice under his belt. And yes he has put on the weight. Spoke to him the other day and he said he hates the extra weight! lol
xoxo

#10 1st & 10

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 2846

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Any word on the street about possible coaches for the Redhawks next year? And does anybody see Zac transferring becuase of this? I suppose it depends on the new coach and his offensive system?
"One chance is all you need." - Jesse Owens (1913-1980); "The Buckeye Bullet"

#11 Ihatesoccer

All District

• Members
  • 160 posts

Member No.: 3741

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

He should have gone to MICHIGAN he could have been a starter this year and he can run the west coast offense.

Any QB could have played for them this year. GOOOOOOOOO BUCKSSSSSSS

#12 TrueBlueFan

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Member No.: 4275

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

football.gif football.gif Zac went to Miami, first his education. Then sports, if he show any improvement next spring, he will get the job. The Ratliff boy at central Michigan is in the same position. They will get their shot, Just be patient and see what happens.

#13 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

Just a side note: Just saw on a Miami chat site, Zac was voted as Offensive Scout Player of the year. I know...scout team big deal, but what it does say is that this kid must have worked hard and impressed some coaches...just hope THOSE coaches are still there next year when the new HC is annouced.

#14 WONBulldog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,258 posts

Member No.: 1146

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

I'll put it out to you this way: the knock on the RS-Fr Clay Belton was that he couldn't learn the offense. Even when he was starting, it was being said that he didn't know the offense as well as he needed to. Now Miami is going to hire a new coach and, in all likelihood, will have a new offense that will need to be learned. If Belton couldn't learn the other offense in two years on the team, that certainly doesn't lead one to believe that he is going to be able to learn a new offense under a new coach...unless of course it is really basic or he ran it in HS or something. That, and if you have ever seen Belton play, you'll realize he has a lot of mechanical issues to work on. Incredibly strong arm, but his throwing motion is awkward and he is not very mobile. Locks in on one receiver too often and doesn't get rid of the ball instead of taking the sack.

My best "guess" is that he'll be starting at some point in the 2009 season. A lot depends on the new coach, but odds are good he'll see a good bit of playing time at the very least, although I can't deny the door may be open for him to be starter soon enough.
"You, my good man, are a scholar and a gentleman."
"Well, I may be a scholar, but I most certainly am not a gentleman."

#15 lefty

All State

• Members
  • 738 posts

Member No.: 804

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

Zac made a mistake and was probably lied to by the Miami coach . Happens all the time . Urban Meyer has a big rep. for doing this in the coaching community. It does two things . Keeps the kid from going to another school and gives the staff an opportunity to change his position . I'm not saying they would or want to change Zac's position but they change do this with a lot of kids .

#16 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

Great high school players do not mean good college players...nor does great college players mean good professionals. Everyone on a D-1 roster was All State. Be patient and let the young man mature & learn. Miami is a wonderful university with great facilities. Enjoy college life and taken advantage of full ride.

#17 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

Zac was named to be the starting QB this week against Kent State. Zac struggled in his college debut against Boise State but showed good poise and leadership in the game against Western Michigan, leading the RedHawks to 2 late TD"s. He threw his 1st collegiate TD pass against Western Michigan.

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-footbl/.../092209aac.html

#18 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (ADog @ Sep 22 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zac was named to be the starting QB this week against Kent State. Zac struggled in his college debut against Boise State but showed good poise and leadership in the game against Western Michigan, leading the RedHawks to 2 late TD"s. He threw his 1st collegiate TD pass against Western Michigan.

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-footbl/.../092209aac.html

Awesome news!! Good Luck Zac. Bring home the WIN!!

Edited by Osu4me, 23 September 2009 - 07:45 AM.

#19 Coach Rhoades

All District

• Members
  • 328 posts

Member No.: 1694

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

Congrats and good luck to him!!!

#20 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

Congrats to Zac, always nice to see someone from the area get a chance to do something.

Now we just need to wait on LeFevour to graduate at CMU and see if Ryan Radcliff of Fairview gets a shot to start up there. I'd love to see a couple of Dysert-Radcliff shootouts, whether it's regular season or for the MAC title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users