Von!!!!!

18 replies to this topic

#1 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

My friend Von....as you know by now, the Ottoville girls have won the PCL so congrats to them....I think they trailed Leipsic until around the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter and missed 18 of their first 22 shots....here’s hoping they got this bad game out of their system......I am sure they will meet Leipsic again!!!!!!

#2 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

View Postflounder, on 04 February 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

My friend Von....as you know by now, the Ottoville girls have won the PCL so congrats to them....I think they trailed Leipsic until around the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter and missed 18 of their first 22 shots....here's hoping they got this bad game out of their system......I am sure they will meet Leipsic again!!!!!!

#3 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

Hi Flounder, I was listening to the game. I believe Leipsic was shut out in the 4th quarter. Ottoville started very slow. I checked, they would play Leipsic in the Elida Regional if they both get there. Thank God Africentric, Liberty-Benton, and Berlin-Hiland are in D-3 this year They are going to have to play a whole game to get there or to continue on to the state. I think they can do it (this could be the year if they can beat Minster and Waterford. We shall see.. I will be listening to the DSJ game this next weekend. Are you going to go? Thanks and have a great week. It is in the mid to high 80's here and for the next 10 days. Great golf weather.

#4 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:35 PM

Von.....

I will probably go, but it will get ugly very quickly.....Jays are not very good....hit em straight my man!!!!!

#5 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

View Postflounder, on 04 February 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Von.....
I will probably go, but it will get ugly very quickly.....Jays are not very good....hit em straight my man!!!!!
flounder, you just ticked of Bobby. Watch out, he will be posting a harsh reply very soon.

#6 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 04 February 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

flounder, you just ticked of Bobby. Watch out, he will be posting a harsh reply very soon.

General....

Lol....Bobby knows and he also knows I am a blue jay fan, but some things you cannot sugar coat!!!!!

#7 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

View Postflounder, on 04 February 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

General....

Lol....Bobby knows and he also knows I am a blue jay fan, but some things you cannot sugar coat!!!!!
You are so correct. It's been a long season for the fans 30 minutes to the north and a little bit east of you. I don't wish a season like our boys/girls have had on anyone.

#8 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 04 February 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

You are so correct. It's been a long season for the fans 30 minutes to the north and a little bit east of you. I don't wish a season like our boys/girls have had on anyone.

I see the girls pairings are out, looks good.

#9 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

View Postflounder, on 04 February 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

My friend Von....as you know by now, the Ottoville girls have won the PCL so congrats to them....I think they trailed Leipsic until around the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter and missed 18 of their first 22 shots....here’s hoping they got this bad game out of their system......I am sure they will meet Leipsic again!!!!!!

My gut says if they meet Leipsic again they will probably win by 20. They SHOULD go to state. They may have a close game or two but no reason to not win them. Problem I have is can they finally get over the hump of choking down at state or is it gonna be a repeat of the past?
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#10 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

View PostMysterio, on 07 February 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

My gut says if they meet Leipsic again they will probably win by 20. They SHOULD go to state. They may have a close game or two but no reason to not win them. Problem I have is can they finally get over the hump of choking down at state or is it gonna be a repeat of the past?

Sterio.....

The girls do not choke.....Kleman has made some real bonehead moves at state over the years!!!!!!

#11 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

I also think that this just might be Ottoville’s year.....Hiland is D3.....nobody really dominant in D4....if not this year then....well let’s not talk about it!!!!!

#12 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

View Postflounder, on 07 February 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Sterio.....

The girls do not choke.....Kleman has made some real bonehead moves at state over the years!!!!!!
Flounder, please share specifics with Rocketcorner.

#13 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

View PostMysterio, on 07 February 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Problem I have is can they finally get over the hump of choking down at state or is it gonna be a repeat of the past?
I've had this discussion with some Green fans and they agree that Ottoville didn't have enough mental toughness to win In the past and it will probably be the same this year unless luck is on their side. Before the season started one of my Green fans said a PCL Championship, 2 losses in the regular season, and a loss in the State Championship game. Last year they had the same prediction but with a loss in the semi-finals (which happened). I hope they are wrong and get one this year.

I have a lot of respect for their insight. Last fall (after discussing the very respectable records of their soccer teams) they said the boys and girls soccer teams will not get out of sectionals. They understand reality in sports unlike most of my friends from Continental.

#14 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 07 February 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Flounder, please share specifics with Rocketcorner.

From what I have witnessed over seasons, I think Kleman coaches like he wants to be the girls friend rather than their coach....a few years back, and I think Hiland beat them that year, but this head band deal came up and guess what.....girls wore head bands and so did Kleman....give me a break.....who in the he!! Does that....he also coached like the head band was to tight because once Hiland got the mo,he did not stop it....no time out...nothing. Played Ft Loramie and had much more talent, but let the Rose girl go off on them...just a little guard the Rose girl was, but Ottoville had the twin towers which in girls high school was pretty special, but both were not utilized to the best of their ability....then last year a 10 point lead with little time on the clock and Kleman could not come up with any solution as Berlin got on a run and had all the momentum carried on to victory.....I could go on, but To say the girls choked just isn’t right.....hope this clears things up for you general!!!!!

Also.....if your coach has no mental toughness than how can the girls have it........head bands.....bull$hit....what a farce!!!!!

#15 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

flounder, man you are tough on coaches. Especially down at Ottoville. The Big Green will be in town Friday night. I hope to give them a game but stats don't lie so I'm thinking it may be a rough night for us. District will be tough. Hope to see some good basketball.

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 07 February 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

flounder, man you are tough on coaches. Especially down at Ottoville. The Big Green will be in town Friday night. I hope to give them a game but stats don't lie so I'm thinking it may be a rough night for us. District will be tough. Hope to see some good basketball.

Tso......

Not really tough on coaches, but every thing I have said, I have heard from the O’town faithful....listen, I think Kleman is probably a decent coach, but until they win it all, he will be just a coach....that is how people view it........also while we are talking about coaches..........I have absolutely no respect for a coach who says......”my players”...”my team”....”my girls”...or anything spoken by a coach that takes away the team concept.......drives me nuts and speaks volumes about who the coach really cares about....take note!!!!!!

#17 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

The head band thing I’m ok with. It’s how he wanted to connect with the team. I don’t think it was a reason they lost that year. But as far as a lot of your other reasons, I will just say you are there. His first couple trips to state I will say surprised a lot of people as they beat some pretty good teams on the way to get there going back to 10-12 years ago. It wasn’t talent that got them there it was being physical and aggressive. But lately here they have been favorites and highly ranked. With a very good team and should have won state each year. Problem is like you said, mental toughness. The years they lost to Ft Loramie at state and in regionals they were physically outmatched. They had the size they had the shooters they had the better team but Fort Loramie was just way more aggressive. Last year I thought they had mental toughness and were very aggressive. They just choked bottom line. You don’t have a 10 point lead late in a state semi finals game and eventually allow their best player to hit the wide open game winning shot. Tough break on their part and they have had many heart breakers down at state. They do deserve one from all that and at this point I’m sure they have seen it all so hopefully this helps them and they get it.

#18 moe_ szyslak

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 4890

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

View PostMysterio, on 07 February 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

The head band thing I'm ok with. It's how he wanted to connect with the team. I don't think it was a reason they lost that year. But as far as a lot of your other reasons, I will just say you are there. His first couple trips to state I will say surprised a lot of people as they beat some pretty good teams on the way to get there going back to 10-12 years ago. It wasn't talent that got them there it was being physical and aggressive. But lately here they have been favorites and highly ranked. With a very good team and should have won state each year. Problem is like you said, mental toughness. The years they lost to Ft Loramie at state and in regionals they were physically outmatched. They had the size they had the shooters they had the better team but Fort Loramie was just way more aggressive. Last year I thought they had mental toughness and were very aggressive. They just choked bottom line. You don't have a 10 point lead late in a state semi finals game and eventually allow their best player to hit the wide open game winning shot. Tough break on their part and they have had many heart breakers down at state. They do deserve one from all that and at this point I'm sure they have seen it all so hopefully this helps them and they get it.

Let the record show - You are an adult, saying these things about teenage kids.

#19 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postmoe_ szyslak, on 08 February 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Let the record show - You are an adult, saying these things about teenage kids.

Saying what?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users