NWC?

21 replies to this topic

#1 avationordy

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 914

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

why in the world doesn't ADA have a high school wrestling team.
as of right now they have a team all the way up to the age of 13 i think. and from what i have heard some of them are good
so why doesn't the school look into it. i know that i have been told becasue of sec 8 but what are the other small school like AE
doing to make wrestling happen there?.

#2 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

What is sec 8? shrug2.gif

#3 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

I'm pretty sure he meant Title IX. The law the creates assures equal opportunities in education for each gender. Personally, sounds like a big excuse if that were the case. If the school has kids who want to participate in wrestling...let 'em. Girls can wrestle too.
I saw the big article in the Ada Herald a couple of weeks back on the youth wrestlers. hopefully they can get a MS and or HS program started.

#4 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

Ava, if what Coach B said is what your talking about, wouldn't Ada schools be in trouble for holding back just so a girl can't join the team? I mean isn't that a law suit just waiting to happen? Personally I think some schools don't have certain sports because of the money involved. Busing, uniform, insurance, equipment. Wrestling mats aren't cheap. And then there's coaches pay. Younger teams don't have the expense high school teams do.

#5 Mac_Attack

All District

• Members
  • 152 posts

Member No.: 3167

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Osu4me @ Apr 10 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ava, if what Coach B said is what your talking about, wouldn't Ada schools be in trouble for holding back just so a girl can't join the team? I mean isn't that a law suit just waiting to happen? Personally I think some schools don't have certain sports because of the money involved. Busing, uniform, insurance, equipment. Wrestling mats aren't cheap. And then there's coaches pay. Younger teams don't have the expense high school teams do.

I know that my nephew goes to Ada in 4th grade and he has been wrestling at ONU and wants to keep wrestling into high School but i dont know if he will be able to.

I also know that concerning girls i know that Allen East, or Bluffton do not allow girls on the wrestling team...

#6 kccam8

• Members
  • 10 posts

Member No.: 3536

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

thats crap why wouldnt they let girls wrestle??
im a girl and i wrestle so what ... u should give everyone a chance

#7 LCC_Wrestler

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 3459

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

kccam i agree with you but i think the idea is for some guys the idea of wrestling a girl is well...... awkward because of the nature of the sport, but again i completely agree with you

#8 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

KCcam, you're an exception!! Any coach would be thrilled to have you on the team!

#9 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Member No.: 2455

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

kccam....hmmm...we eed to talk BTW....have some info on Womans College Wrestling for you.
Also, you were greatly missed this past weekend

#10 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

There have been, and I think still are, petitions available to sign at different venues around Ada to get a wrestling program started in Ada. Not sure how many people have signed but when I signed there were quite a few names on it. I know one of the youth coaches has taken a up the cause and is trying to get something going.

Youth Coaches...go for it and good luck, I think a wrestling program would go over well in Ada High School.

Edited by ADog, 15 May 2008 - 07:36 PM.

#11 CGHS

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Member No.: 3576

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

ada used to have a high school team a while ago but they canceled it because they only had 1 or two people on the team

#12 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(CGHS @ May 19 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ada used to have a high school team a while ago but they canceled it because they only had 1 or two people on the team

No, Ada has NEVER had a varsity wrestling team. I've been around the area wrestling scene for OMG 28 years wallbash.gif

Adog...know where those petitions are...I'd like to get my girlfriend's family to sign. I'd be happy to support the cause in anyway if you know one of the youth coaches you can give them my email.

jamiebaker@thecourier.com

#13 Mac_Attack

All District

• Members
  • 152 posts

Member No.: 3167

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Kccam your one of the few girls that i would allow to wrestle, only cause your a champ! bow2.gif

#14 bohfan

All League

• Members
  • 86 posts

Member No.: 3655

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Mac_Attack @ Apr 22 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also know that concerning girls i know that Allen East, or Bluffton do not allow girls on the wrestling team...

Bluffton had a girl come out for wrestling just last season, but she ended up quitting (not liking it i guess)
so it's not like the school bans girls from wrestling, it's just that none want to

#15 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Coach_B @ May 19 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Ada has NEVER had a varsity wrestling team. I've been around the area wrestling scene for OMG 28 years wallbash.gif

Adog...know where those petitions are...I'd like to get my girlfriend's family to sign. I'd be happy to support the cause in anyway if you know one of the youth coaches you can give them my email.

jamiebaker@thecourier.com

Coach B..sorry I have not opened this thread in awile. I talked to the youth coaches at the recent festival in Ada and was told that they are real close in starting up a jr hi program in Ada. I will get you a name that you can contact to lend your help.

#16 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

Great hope to see the Bulldogs on the mat real soon!

#17 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Member No.: 2455

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

ADOG - Hope to see it all happen. Let me know if you need anything.

#18 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

Coach B..sent you an e mail...

#19 MikeAllen

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 3142

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

As it turns out i think Ada High School is getting wrestling finally...this is because all the transfers that are starting to come in. One of the best wrestlers is the Killer Joey DeLuca he destroys people and most of his opponents end up in the hospital with broken fingers and toes...so you make the call censored.gif

#20 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (MikeAllen @ Oct 20 2008, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As it turns out i think Ada High School is getting wrestling finally...this is because all the transfers that are starting to come in. One of the best wrestlers is the Killer Joey DeLuca he destroys people and most of his opponents end up in the hospital with broken fingers and toes...so you make the call censored.gif

What weight is he in?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users