OK....I just had to start it.......Will "BuzzKill" be back at LCC?

267 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

We have now seen LCC's wrestling coach resign, the head football coach resign, and recently saw the LCC girls basketball coach resign......with all these "resignations" happening, just how long will the LCC AD and the insiders who run LCC athletics sit back and watch Frankie BuzzKill run this juggernaut?.....one can't argue that the talent has been at a high level since Coach Seggs won his only state title......next to golf, basketball is what has been LCC's claim to fame and tradition......with an outstanding group this year, and from what I'm hearing a lot more in the pipeline how long will it be before this stagecoach hits the trail?.....

Now I know that the LCC apologists will jump on this one, as will others who have the same disdain as I........who I would like to hear from though is the sideliners who have nothing in this....so, is another regional berth enough to stave off the naysayers?....will a state appearance appease the crowd? what will it take to keep the wolves at bay?.......RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#2 woodynbo

All District

• Members
  • 108 posts

Member No.: 5330

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

I watch animal planet wolves hunt; it's their nature.

#3 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Come on man ..... Frankie isn't going anywhere nor is he getting whacked.
Birds will get to State this year fo sho.

#4 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Rocketman, on 26 December 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

We have now seen LCC's wrestling coach resign, the head football coach resign, and recently saw the LCC girls basketball coach resign......with all these "resignations" happening, just how long will the LCC AD and the insiders who run LCC athletics sit back and watch Frankie BuzzKill run this juggernaut?.....one can't argue that the talent has been at a high level since Coach Seggs won his only state title......next to golf, basketball is what has been LCC's claim to fame and tradition......with an outstanding group this year, and from what I'm hearing a lot more in the pipeline how long will it be before this stagecoach hits the trail?.....

Now I know that the LCC apologists will jump on this one, as will others who have the same disdain as I........who I would like to hear from though is the sideliners who have nothing in this....so, is another regional berth enough to stave off the naysayers?....will a state appearance appease the crowd? what will it take to keep the wolves at bay?.......RM

What crowd??? There are more LCC fans here on a daily basis than show up for a home game at Monsignor Herr gymnasium. I really don't think that there are that many people who truly care what LCC teams do or don't do.....at least not in the LCC family. I think the issue is that LCC cares more about what the "outsiders" think....and that's what they're catering to. Not sure how you can think LCC fans are or are not happy with Frank when they only get 500 or so fans to show up for what was arguably their biggest home game of the year last weekend with OG. OG fans outnumbered them 2-1. I actually think Rocketman cares more about what happens to LCC than most of the "LCC faithful" do....lol. If LCC stops making news with problems, issues, league changes, coaching moves, etc, etc, etc....the RC stops being relevant....lol

Edited by charliesheen, 26 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#5 cameroncrazie90

All District

• Members
  • 251 posts

Member No.: 6183

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

Remember LCC is a private school, not a public. Attendance is always lower for those schools. They don't have a particular town cheering them on. If you didn't attend LCC then you hate them and hope for their failures anyway. Quit judging LCC for low attendance. But Frank Kill isn't going anywhere. He does a great job as coach.

#6 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

He's got a couple years at least before the seat gets real hot.

#7 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

JMO but I think the seat gets real hot if LCC is not playing in Columbus this year. The talent was hand picked, now it's his job to do something with it.

#8 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Irish Viking 87, on 27 December 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

JMO but I think the seat gets real hot if LCC is not playing in Columbus this year. The talent was hand picked, now it's his job to do something with it.
As long as a team has cuts, every team at every school is hand picked.
"You're a mess"

#9 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

clutch, on 27 December 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

As long as a team has cuts, every team at every school is hand picked.
True, just not hand picked from different districts

Edited by Irish Viking 87, 27 December 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#10 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Irish Viking 87, on 27 December 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

True, just not hand picked from different districts

Lol which districts would you be referring to?
"You're a mess"

#11 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

clutch, on 27 December 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Lol which districts would you be referring to?

clutcher........

The way I see it.........just Lima students wanting to attend a good parochial school to get a catholic education and playing sports to keep themselves occupied!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 roadtoC-town

All State

• Members
  • 891 posts

Member No.: 3435

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

how many state titles did Coach Seggs have?

how long did it take Coach Seggs to get one?

answer to the 2nd question is how long Frankie gets.
2008 NWC Prediction Contest Winner

#13 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

What exactly is the problem with Coach Kill anyways??

Why are the other coaches resigning???

I'm not in the loop here

#14 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Member No.: 310

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Girls basketball coach - Bill Taflinger resigned after 20+ seasons....his son Billy is playing college ball and he, like many coaches, was ready to be done. This is his 2nd season not coaching at LCC. I am aware that he does help out at another school though, but doesn't have near the time commitment and is free to watch his son play in college.

Wrestling coach - Pat Murphy got a much better financial opportunity at Defiance after many years at LCC. His oldest child is now a student at LCC and he is doing well at Defiance. This is also his 2nd season of not being at LCC.

Football - Coop has decided to retire from teaching and because of retirement issues, now was the best time for that to happen....before his son enters high school. Please don't tell me that, after all the years of demeaning this man that you're now concerned that he's leaving LCC and the Lima community.

These were all personal choices and no one was forced out....nor will Frank be forced out. Frank does a great job with the kids and has had a lot of success in his short time as head coach. LCC lost in regionals last year to OG...one game away from state and to the eventual state champions. How can anyone consider that as a problem? Yes, he yells. He is passionate about the game. So do a lot of other coaches.

Rocket man, why do you have such a fixation with LCC and its coaches? It's almost neurotic. And just how many LCC games do you attend personally or do you just gossip about them?

Edited by dawgbone, 29 December 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#15 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

I don't know if LCC (as rumored) joins the Northwest Central Conference they will not be able to afford mid season letdowns like they had last night at Crestview.

#16 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Maltese Falcon, on 11 January 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

I don't know if LCC (as rumored) joins the Northwest Central Conference they will not be able to afford mid season letdowns like they had last night at Crestview.
LOL :) .........Dawg, not sure the reason for my "fixation" as you'd like to call it.....the only reason I mention this is because when a manager, boss, coach, etc. are provided with all the ingredients for success and continually come up short one thing usually happens.......the person in charge is held accountable for the lack of profit, efficiency, or sales...........you sound like an intelligent poster and I know you understand what I'm trying to say....
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#17 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Rocketman, on 11 January 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

LOL :) .........Dawg, not sure the reason for my "fixation" as you'd like to call it.....the only reason I mention this is because when a manager, boss, coach, etc. are provided with all the ingredients for success and continually come up short one thing usually happens.......the person in charge is held accountable for the lack of profit, efficiency, or sales...........you sound like an intelligent poster and I know you understand what I'm trying to say....

Is this all you have? Please come clean with any or all information you have of coaches or faculty approaching, recruiting, or lobbying these players or their parents. You cant even tell me whos a voucher and whos not. That said, did you feel the same way about seggerson and his talented teams? Now feel free to tip toe your way around my questions while you use a internet username to call out highschool students and coaches by name for things you dont know to be true. Is this a sports forum or tmz?
"You're a mess"

#18 StudentOfTheGame

All District

• Members
  • 326 posts

Member No.: 9232

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

clutch, on 11 January 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Is this all you have? Please come clean with any or all information you have of coaches or faculty approaching, recruiting, or lobbying these players or their parents. You cant even tell me whos a voucher and whos not. That said, did you feel the same way about seggerson and his talented teams? Now feel free to tip toe your way around my questions while you use a internet username to call out highschool students and coaches by name for things you dont know to be true. Is this a sports forum or tmz?

Closer to TMZ than a H.S. Sports Forum in this case. For the most part it is a good place to chat about H.S. sports.

#19 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

StudentOfTheGame, on 11 January 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Closer to TMZ than a H.S. Sports Forum in this case. For the most part it is a good place to chat about H.S. sports.

Student, let us let this one die and get some new topics. Some of you guys got too much time on your side, play a game (facebook), volunteer at a thrift store, volunteer at your church or school, visit the sick or old folks. Help some one in need. No I am not nor ever will be perfect, but the older I get, the more tolerant I seem to get. I see too much hate or anger toward certain schools or persons.

#20 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

von, on 11 January 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Student, let us let this one die and get some new topics. Some of you guys got too much time on your side, play a game (facebook), volunteer at a thrift store, volunteer at your church or school, visit the sick or old folks. Help some one in need. No I am not nor ever will be perfect, but the older I get, the more tolerant I seem to get. I see too much hate or anger toward certain schools or persons.

von........

You are the man!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users