College BBall Thoughts?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Member No.: 9937

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

If you had to rank the top 4 teams in the country right now, who would it be?
1. Purdue (I think most complete team)
2. Virginia (Best defense)
3. Villanova (Still give up too many points in my opinion)
4. Xavier (Very fun team to watch)

#2 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9936

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

Purdue lost Villanova lost

#3 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

Yep, just part of college basketball. I think this year will be one of the hardest years to fill out your brackets.

#4 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

I think the real discussion be centered around our Ohios teams Xavier Cincinnati and Ohio St. big win by OSU last night and those 2 Cincinnati schools are playing very well. How awesome would it be to see 3 Ohio teams in the elite 8 or even better final 4. By all means a lot of basketball to play but nothing wrong with taking about it.

But there is so much parody in college basketball right now that upsets are happening almost once a week. Despite all that I think the 4 best teams right now are Nova, Purdue, Virginia, MSU. Despite losses to some I could probably rank another 4 teams there because I think it’s that close.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#5 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

Prince I was just gonna say that about brackets. Looking at those top 25 teams and knowing how much the top 4 teams are switching out that it will get tough.

Edited by Mysterio, 08 February 2018 - 08:57 AM.

#6 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

Regardless, my bracket is usually crap after the first two days anyway. I'm pretty sure every single year I say the same words..."here we go again"

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

Hey guys, talking about college basketball I am wondering do you all have a favorite team that you follow and do you still follow as closely with the one and done that is going on.....at one time I loved college basketball and followed my team closely, but now not so much!!!!!!!

#8 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9936

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

View Postflounder, on 08 February 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hey guys, talking about college basketball I am wondering do you all have a favorite team that you follow and do you still follow as closely with the one and done that is going on.....at one time I loved college basketball and followed my team closely, but now not so much!!!!!!!

Ohio State is my favorite obviously. Been with them through thick and thin

#9 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

View Postflounder, on 08 February 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Ohio St is my team. But I like to follow Cincinnati, Duke or NC.

The one and done thing I am against. I like how college football does it. I would at least say 2 years is what you need to be at before going pro in my opinion. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be for coaches to handle that but I guess that’s why they get paid the big bucks

#10 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostMysterio, on 08 February 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Ohio St is my team. But I like to follow Cincinnati, Duke or NC.

The one and done thing I am against. I like how college football does it. I would at least say 2 years is what you need to be at before going pro in my opinion. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for coaches to handle that but I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks

Mysterio.....turn in your Buckeyes gear lol. :sarcasm: Being an Ohio State fan and liking Duke and/or NC is like being a Browns fan and saying you also like the Steelers : :bag:

#11 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

Ohio State is my team also, but I still enjoy the overall sport. Remember how good the Big East used to be? Big Monday on ESPN? The great coaches and teams at St John’s, Seton, Georgetown, Pitt, Syracuse, Villanova? Was great.....the pre one and done era. The teams overall were better. More depth and talent perhaps? Those were good times!

#12 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

What's crazy to me is how good St. John's is currently playing and they won't even make the NCAA tournament unless they win the Big East tournament.

#13 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 08 February 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Mysterio.....turn in your Buckeyes gear lol. :sarcasm: Being an Ohio State fan and liking Duke and/or NC is like being a Browns fan and saying you also like the Steelers : :bag:

Well see that’s the thing I’m not saying I’m an actual duke or UNC fan I just like following those teams. If I were a die hard Duke fan then ya it would be weird.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users