farve starting to unravel

28 replies to this topic

#1 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 5002

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

In the age of sports doping I have been saying for years now that farve is doping. He retires (gets out of the offseason drug testing) then returns right before to the start of season. And throws the ball like a twenty year old (sound a little like clemens, huh) then about week 12 (how long a cycle of roids will last a guy) he starts to lose velocity. Yesterday his coach could tell and tried to yank him. say goodnight to the vikings. I know america doesn't want farve to be a doper, but his actions and body of work speak otherwise. What do you all think.

#2 67Chevy

All State

• Members
  • 801 posts

Member No.: 2224

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

Just like the past few seasons....he's all fun and happy when his team is winning and until someone questions anything he does then he goes off and pouts like an 8 year old. I'll guarantee that we'll hear more about this situation VERY SOON. The guy is more of a media-whore than Lindsay Lohan. He won't stand for having the press being negative toward him. He'll call a press conference just to sit in front the media and smile, tell everyone things are good and that this was (ANOTHER) "isolated incident"...."Please don't blame me, I'm Brett Favre, it's all a big misunderstanding"......just like he always does. Once again, it's NOT his fault, it never is...lol

#3 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

neutro and 67.....

Did you guys watch the same game I did.....there isn't a qb in the NFL that could have done any better when you have absolutely no help from the offensive line.......and as far as Favre on roids.......lol...I think the roids may be affecting your thinking...lol!!!!!!!

#4 67Chevy

All State

• Members
  • 801 posts

Member No.: 2224

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

flounder...my post doesn't have nearly as much to do with the result of the game as it does with the fact that he got into a shouting match with Coach Brad Childress when Childress wanted to pull Favre from the game. Last time I checked, the coach is in charge....unless of course you're coaching Brett Favre. The Vikes were up 7-6 at the time and end up losing by 2 TD's plus. Favre as usual puts the blame on someone else saying basically that he got hit too much even though 2 of the sacks were absolutely his fault. Throw the ball away!!!! My point is that he doesn't like being criticized even if it's his poor play that causes it. Same old Brett, he can't fathom that maybe, just maybe he didn't play as well as he could have and may have (at least partially) been responsible for a loss.

#5 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

the last 5 years farve is ranked 5th among QB in sept oct nov. in december he falls to 44th. Look at the era we are in. remember what clemens would do (sign in may) light it up june july august then fizzle. Nobody in thier 40's has ever thrown the ball the way farve has. just remember people were calling for his retirement 5 years ago because his arm was starting to falter.

#6 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

Chevy, to paraphrase Billy Joel: "You may be right...and you may be crazy." His left tackle was getting eaten up by Julius Peppers, A. P. is averaging 3.2 per carry in the last four games, and his number 1 receiver is suffering from migranes. BUT, he has faded lately down the stretch. He was an ass for telling the media that he defied his coach, and some QB's would have been able to overcome the first three things I mentioned. I guess we will find out soon enough. As for the roids, he's got arms like Mary Tyler Moores, so I doub't that is the case.

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

67 and neutron....

The Vikes are 11-3......without Favre who knows where they would be...
His offensive line has went south the past few weeks.....ask Adrian Peterson...
When Peterson is not getting his yards, it all falls on Favre....who I think has done exceptional....
And, I do believe that Favre is one of the top candidates for NFL MVP...
Go take a gander at the Viking web page, and I think you will get a real feel on how the Viking faithful feel about this situation....

Also, that web page will also clue you in on how most people feel about Brad Childress's decision to pull Favre.....I mean...do you really think that Tjack or some guy named Sage would have prevented the outcome.....lol...2 dear in headlights....

Bottom line is the offensive line sucked last night, and that coach you are talking about was clueless as far as giving them double team help in defending Peppers......I'm beginning to think you guys have never seen a football game!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (neutronman @ Dec 21 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the last 5 years farve is ranked 5th among QB in sept oct nov. in december he falls to 44th. Look at the era we are in. remember what clemens would do (sign in may) light it up june july august then fizzle. Nobody in thier 40's has ever thrown the ball the way farve has. just remember people were calling for his retirement 5 years ago because his arm was starting to falter.

neutron.....

Do you even remember that his arm/shoulder was operated on this past off season.......oh, by the way....most experts feel that his arm is as good as ever!!!!!

#9 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Member No.: 162

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

Neutron........

Do you have any facts to back your claims up? Till then ZIP IT!!!!

Chevy......

Who is your NFL team?

#10 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

My goodness! blink.gif
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#11 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

I'm a health care professional and a former college athelete (tennis) It is fact that a males body peaks at strength around the age of 27-29. then begins a gradual decline. He is forty and his arm is (was until three weeks ago) "good as ever". Since my college days I have maintained excellent health (diet/exercise) and I am close to farves age and in no way can I compete like I could 10 years ago. Does anyone find it odd that a 40 year old can come off shoulder surgery in about 4 months and play in the NFL were (ask any ortho) it is a 6-9 month recovery. Like I said nobody wants to hear that farve is a cheater, but from a medical point of view and culture that players compete in I would say it is highly likely. I guess my question to everyone is why don't you think he uses PED's.

Edited by neutronman, 21 December 2009 - 09:06 PM.

#12 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (neutronman @ Dec 21 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a health care professional and a former college athelete (tennis) It is fact that a males body peaks at strength around the age of 27-29. then begins a gradual decline. He is forty and his arm is (was until three weeks ago) "good as ever". Since my college days I have maintained excellent health (diet/exercise) and I am close to farves age and in no way can I compete like I could 10 years ago. Does anyone find it odd that a 40 year old can come off shoulder surgery in about 4 months and play in the NFL were (ask any ortho) it is a 6-9 month recovery. Like I said nobody wants to hear that farve is a cheater, but from a medical point of view and culture that players compete in I would say it is highly likely. I guess my question to everyone is why don't you think he uses PED's.

Still no proof so shout your trap.

#13 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (neutronman @ Dec 21 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am basing on the fact that he LOOKs 40. He's not very buff. I assumed the advantage of PED's was that you get larger and stronger through weight training. Can they help you if you don't lift and your arms are small? I don't know, I peaked at 15 and have been going downhill since

#14 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

depending on the PEDs a person uses he may not gain much muscle mass. When used correctly they will reverse/slow the effects of aging (on muscles) and allow for quicker recovery.

cougar why so defensive. I think it is a good talking point on a controversial subject. Do you not find my hypothesis plausible?

Edited by neutronman, 21 December 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#15 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

Once again there is no proof that Favre is using drugs so there is no need for a Conversation about it!

BTW its FAVRE!]

Edited by cougarsno1, 21 December 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#16 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

"to reverse or slow the aging process.." Sweet! Does Walmart have 'em?

#17 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

My goodness!!! I've never seen cougsie get a nerve struck like this before!!!!??!! ..... even in the political circus arena!!!
laugh.gif

btw....I want some too, lep!! wink.gif
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(

#18 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (slice slice baby @ Dec 21 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My goodness!!! I've never seen cougsie get a nerve struck like this before!!!!??!! ..... even in the political circus arena!!!
laugh.gif

btw....I want some too, lep!! wink.gif

You know I can't stand Idiots!

#19 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (cougarsno1 @ Dec 21 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I can't stand Idiots!

Sooooo.......that's why you don't talk to me anymore!?!?! blush.gif sadbanana.gif

wink.gif

#20 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

you're right cougie, only intelligent people can discuss a hypothesis. any opinions on science, healthcare, abortion? Or should we keep it simple and fact based the way you like, like which way is North. (Although that is controversial in some circles, don't bring it up among boat captains)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users