What does Patterson do for a living?
Teaches at the high school

#22 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Sammens ran the defense in 2010 in fryes first year. I believe he ran a 3-5? Sammens quit coaching after that year bc he had plans to go on some trip that wouldn't allow him to dedicate his time to coaching. Plans got cancelled and he rejoined fryes staff in 2011 after he brought patty over from bath and made him the d coordinator. Now if frye can pull his strings with sm schools and get patty a job over there, I can see him leaving. Otherwise I see him cosching at wapakoneta as long as he is still a teacher there. Personally I'm not a big fan on pattys defense but he is an intense coach and he runs the attacking 3-5, which I think that type of defense leaves a lot of holes if you don't get to the QB in time.

#23 Redskin72

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 9578

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

I really think this is an exciting time for Redskin football. Look at the past coaches brought in from the outside and had prior success. Rick Sharp 96 wbl title and playoffs. Kevin Fell 06 wbl title and playoffs. Doug Frye playoffs. Moyer career record is like 118-28. Winning is winning at any level. He may not have played in the greatest league but the WBL hasn't exactly been world beaters the last few years, Top has been strong but middle and bottom has been week. The kids are hungery, they got a bad taste in their mouth from the way Frye left. The talent is there.

Really curious to learn more about his offense. I know it is a modified WingT with alot of shotgun and isn't afraid to throw it around. Likes to feature the QB running and throwing. With Morgan's experience and athletic ability I think he is our QB. Huffman needs to bulk up, but is going to be a good one. I think he starts at WR this year. Metz will be a stud at RB or WR. Lauck and Lodridge playing DB and WR. RB- henderson, cockerell, eaton, merricle, chambers, kuehl. TE- Jared Smith. OL- i know Rankin and Pfenning are back, not sure who else we got coming up.

Defense- Schoenline will be a beast. Crawford also. Got Nick Steinke, Henderson, Landon Hall at LB. Could play cockerell, merricle, and chambers at LB too. Lauck and Lodridge at CB. Not sure how much Morgan plays at S if he is featured at QB. metz can play at S too.

Anybody know what position group coach Moyer handles himself? I heard OL but not 100% certain.

#24 Redskin72

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 9578

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostNWbballfan, on 15 February 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Sammens ran the defense in 2010 in fryes first year. I believe he ran a 3-5? Sammens quit coaching after that year bc he had plans to go on some trip that wouldn't allow him to dedicate his time to coaching. Plans got cancelled and he rejoined fryes staff in 2011 after he brought patty over from bath and made him the d coordinator. Now if frye can pull his strings with sm schools and get patty a job over there, I can see him leaving. Otherwise I see him cosching at wapakoneta as long as he is still a teacher there. Personally I'm not a big fan on pattys defense but he is an intense coach and he runs the attacking 3-5, which I think that type of defense leaves a lot of holes if you don't get to the QB in time.
There isn't a job open for Patterson in sm. Talked to a teacher in sm, the board is hoping for 2 teachers to leave so Bo and Kobe can have jobs. 1 teacher is retiring, which will be Bo's, but as of now no other teacher is planning on leaving. They are hoping old Coach Philips leaves so Kobe can have a job. I don't see Patterson teaching in Wapak and coaching in sm. Funny things could have if that were to happen, like him not being retained. Heard he has been telling the kids, he isn't going anywhere.

#25 Week 10 All-American

All State

• Members
  • 692 posts

Member No.: 1315

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Whatever happened to Rick Sharp?

#26 effingA

All District

• Members
  • 449 posts

Member No.: 9187

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Didn't he go back home to Dresden or something... I always thought he was different.

#27 BlueBuckIjays

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Member No.: 9539

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

View Postthe_beezer, on 14 February 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

I miss my thread!
Has it been retired to the RC Hall of Fame? :-)

#28 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostWeek 10 All-American, on 15 February 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Whatever happened to Rick Sharp?
wasnt their a problem between the coach and the paper printing a story about his son. Thought it was a letter to the editor signed by false names.

#29 WapakWarrior

• Members
  • 17 posts

Member No.: 9614

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

Beezer
I believe you are right about the paper thing. I heard Sharp is coaching at Kenton.

#30 effingA

All District

• Members
  • 449 posts

Member No.: 9187

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I think you're right... Now that I think about it, he has grandson or son that is a 7th grader at Kenton.

Edited by effingA, 16 February 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#31 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9590

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

When is the next board meeting?

#32 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9590

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Kenton has already found their new coach. They bumped up one of their assistance coach.

#33 Week 10 All-American

All State

• Members
  • 692 posts

Member No.: 1315

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PosteffingA, on 15 February 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Didn't he go back home to Dresden or something... I always thought he was different.

View Postthe_beezer, on 15 February 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

wasnt their a problem between the coach and the paper printing a story about his son. Thought it was a letter to the editor signed by false names.

No idea, that is why I asked.

#34 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Recently have confirmed that Moyer will officially accept at the next BOE meeting on Feb. 25.......I would hope after all the hoopla concerning this search that many of you would attend this meeting to express your gratitude.........good times will continue down I-75........RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#35 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

How many days after the official hiring before people in Wapak want to run him out of town?

#36 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Im getting to old to fight in the stands with people. Im so old I had my reserve seats moved to the first couple rows so I didnt have to go up the stairs. I do believe Moyer is a excellent coach and I would hope with what we got coming back is going to make it alot easier than taking over a losing program. One thing that scares me is ZIMMER took over a wapak program in 2007 that had a talent and it was like hitting a wall running full force. Then the biggest joke of all time when he went 5 and 5 and the wapak paper in big letters printed MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I would love to go to the BOE meeting but have to work.

#37 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Member No.: 6522

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Why the negative posts??
We just upgraded!!
Trust the coaches, support the young men and continue to contribute to the booster club.and the wonderful job that they do
Success on the field will follow suit, just as it has the last several years.
These are exciting times!

#38 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Wapak will win the WBL next year

#39 KitnaSucks

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Member No.: 9545

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

So kenton loses their coach and replaces him with a qualified coach who has been coaching in the wbl for 25+ years and gets worse. And wapak replaces their coach with somebody who hasn't coached in this league from a smaller school and gets better. And this makes since how?

#40 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

I wasn't being negative, just using some sarcasm since people always complain how much Wapak's community gives coaches a hard time. Now with the projection of Wapak winning the league next year I have no idea. I don't know who in the league returns what, and I want to see how Moyer does after game 1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook