271 replies to this topic

#21 doslobos

All District

• Members
  • 103 posts

Member No.: 9220

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

View Postwhodey, on 10 March 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

just look at the LCC boxscore in the paper today and you can figure out whats wrong with Lima Sr Basketball..3 of the 4 in double figures were in lima's school system just 3 years ago (ironically when LCC won the state title)..No school can lose that many good players and overcome it

A couple things...

While LCC has currently been aided by some athletes who are on vouchers, they're state championship sure wasn't. Check the names on that team since you're into researching box scores.

Second, LCC is far from LSH's biggest issue. They lose nearly 10x as many students to area public schools via open enrollment. Check Elida's rotation last year. Over half of them didn't even start high school at Elida.

Third, if you want to fix LSH's biggest issue, you wouldn't be on rocketcorner worrying about sports. They'd be going to school board meetings and doing something to improve the academic environment at LSH. Less than a fraction of a percent of these student athletes will receive athletic scholarships, but they all will be asked to be contributing members of society. LSH and the families that send their kids there need to better prepare their kids for that, and you'd see their kids stay at that school instead of leaving for area schools, be it LCC, Elida, Bath or whoever.

The proof is in the pudding. Check out the local test scores for the area schools and you'll see the issue. Obviously a public school of that size isn't going to compete with the smaller area schools when you average the whole, but the discrepancy should never be as large as it is now. Hell, if they just raised their scores above rock bottom levels, they'd elimante the voucher option for their students all together. Open enrollment, on the other hand, will continue to kill them.

#22 doslobos

All District

• Members
  • 103 posts

Member No.: 9220

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

I've attached the 2012 OGT Test Results for the area schools for those wanting the proof of what I was talking about. This is not meant as a knock on LSH, or anyone that goes there, but it is an obvious issue that is the forefront of their problems as a school at this point. I'm not sure what you do about it, either, to be honest because it goes well beyond anything that the school itself can fix.

Attached Files

#23 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

If the rumors are true and Allen is leaving LSH it will be a shame......truly someone who is trying to take the Spartans back up the ladder... IF he does leave I can think of one possible name who would fit quite well........former Elida and current UNOH coach Adams......now hear me out before you all start laughing :rolleyes: .......was he in the STERS system long enough to draw a full retirement?.......has UNOH gotten to the heights that Dr. Jarvis is accustomed?.....with a new basketball facility in the works would he dump someone like Adams and maybe go after former LSH and UF Coach Niekamp to make a splash?.....talk about a celebrity coming back to town :bow2: .......if not Adams, who?
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#24 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Got a IM from a member who told me that Allen is O-U-T after this season.........pretty reliable sort of fella....
Would the "Q" be up to the task?

#25 Colt45

All State

• Validating
  • 554 posts

Member No.: 9167

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Is Jamar?

#26 pokercat

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 6137

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

DD?

#27 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

View Postpokercat, on 10 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

DD?
Very interesting name and who we heard won't be returning to Bible Rd....

#28 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

Why all the cryptic messages here when ppl are talking?! I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt half the time!! It shouldn't be so hard!! Lol
Doug Davis?
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#29 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

I thought they were talking about a bra size slice?
I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#30 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostDman, on 10 February 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

It might be more like the "supporter" size one will need for that job

#31 vballer66

All League

• Members
  • 73 posts

Member No.: 7632

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Always easy to blame coach but if kids don't buy into game plan it's a struggle. They are still young and could be good in a year or two if they stay together, healthy, eligible and quit thinking they know more than coach. Defense is a state of mind. You either do it or you don't and most of those boys don't. Playing defense sucks compared to playing offense but if they would see how many other teams play offense thru their defense they might enjoy playing it more. Had one kid hurt fir first half of season, another kid got suspended for a stretch and they lack a true point guard. Allen does a nice job but I don't consider him a true pg. Blame coach but kids need to take responsibility for lack of effort.

#32 Corleone

All State

• Members
  • 614 posts

Member No.: 824

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostRocketman, on 10 February 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

This is better than watching Letterman.... :)

#33 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostRocketman, on 10 February 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

You guys sure know how to make a girl paranoid.............
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#34 StudentOfTheGame

All District

• Members
  • 326 posts

Member No.: 9232

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

View Postvballer66, on 10 February 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Always easy to blame coach but if kids don't buy into game plan it's a struggle. They are still young and could be good in a year or two if they stay together, healthy, eligible and quit thinking they know more than coach. Defense is a state of mind. You either do it or you don't and most of those boys don't. Playing defense sucks compared to playing offense but if they would see how many other teams play offense thru their defense they might enjoy playing it more. Had one kid hurt fir first half of season, another kid got suspended for a stretch and they lack a true point guard. Allen does a nice job but I don't consider him a true pg. Blame coach but kids need to take responsibility for lack of effort.

Careful not putting the blame on the coach...there's quite a few people on here that will jump your booty for that! See page one! :furious: :shrug2:

#35 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hello coach Q. And your son Xavier and maybe cobbs, Walton, and Wilson (elida). I'm dreaming lol. Now I know the rule is you get one free pass from private to public, but does LCC throw a fit and OHSAA put the axe down on the transfer(s)?

#36 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostRocketman, on 09 February 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Got a IM from a member who told me that Allen is O-U-T after this season.........pretty reliable sort of fella....
Would the "Q" be up to the task?

Not sure who your reliable source is but as of right now, I can honestly say it's not true!

#37 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I believe he would jump at the chance, Lima Explosion be damned.....don't know if Dinner Bell Mel would return but Jamar probably could stay...

#38 whodey

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 6889

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm guessing a butt whoopin to what could honestly be almost their entire starting 5 tonight @ LCC
Thats whats next for Lima Sr Bball

#39 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

That beating tonight, embarrassing.....
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#40 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:09 PM