The 2013 Browns

181 replies to this topic

#161 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

So were back to hiring an unproven college coach or unproven offensive coordinator. No one wants to come to cleveland knowing they have a short leash, QB problems and and little talent. I don't know if we actually had a guy in mind or we just cut chud loose because he wasnt fashionable. With the guys left we are considering we will be right back here in a year or two talking about the next guy up for cleveland. James Franklin was offered the penn state job, just like any other sensible coach he will most likely take tht job and stay the hell away from Cleveland. If were gonna go after an offensive coordinator go after greg roman

Edited by NWbballfan, 09 January 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#162 Colt45

All State

• Validating
  • 554 posts

Member No.: 9167

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think the Browns should give Tressel a call, it sounds like if the call he will be interested in the job.

#163 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

With Whisenhunt being hired, I do firmly believe the Front office did not have a plan on anyone turning down the job. YOu wouldn't fire Chud as early as you did if you did not see or think you had a good shot at getting someone. Unless you are the Browns......

With the "A" list options pretty much gone, that leaves no one with
experience left to speak with and to interview the guy that lead the titans to medicore seasons, that isn't making me feel all excited about the future.

#164 Ward

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Member No.: 9502

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Postgamekeeper, on 14 January 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

With Whisenhunt being hired, I do firmly believe the Front office did not have a plan on anyone turning down the job. YOu wouldn't fire Chud as early as you did if you did not see or think you had a good shot at getting someone. Unless you are the Browns......

With the "A" list options pretty much gone, that leaves no one with
experience left to speak with and to interview the guy that lead the titans to medicore seasons, that isn't making me feel all excited about the future.

When it's all said and done, I think the Browns will get Adam Gase as their new head coach. To me that might be a home run for them considering there is not much left to pick from. It may take some time considering Denver is still in the playoffs, but I think it will happen at least it should. The Browns need an offensive minded coach. I'd take Gase over Munchak simply being that Gase has worked with quarterbacks before as being the QB coach for the Lions and Broncos. I think he could help out whoever the QB will be next season. Munchak does have the experience at the head coaching position, but I just think in this case the Browns need somebody young and with the kind of season Denver is having, Gase should be the guy.

#165 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostWard, on 15 January 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

When it's all said and done, I think the Browns will get Adam Gase as their new head coach. To me that might be a home run for them considering there is not much left to pick from. It may take some time considering Denver is still in the playoffs, but I think it will happen at least it should. The Browns need an offensive minded coach. I'd take Gase over Munchak simply being that Gase has worked with quarterbacks before as being the QB coach for the Lions and Broncos. I think he could help out whoever the QB will be next season. Munchak does have the experience at the head coaching position, but I just think in this case the Browns need somebody young and with the kind of season Denver is having, Gase should be the guy.

Agree. If the hire Munchak they still have to find an Offensive Coordinator. (I think the Norv Turner ship sailed when he and Chud insulted Banner's "Genius" by initially banishing Hoyer on the practice squad) I they get Gase, then they could keep Captain Cornrows as D- Coordinator

#166 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Rumor is they have already hired Jim Schwartz (Gym Shorts) as DC.

#167 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Joe banner wants gase cause gase can be his acting puppet while banner makes all the decisions. This franchise will remain in shambles as long as banner is in charge of anything other than refilling the pot of coffee in the office.

#168 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

I agree that it seems Lombardi want to be known as the guy who fixed the browns so hiring a non control freak as a head coach sets up well for him so he can fire him again in two years when that guy doesn't win with the players he was provided. Cleveland front office please look at the front offices if the teams still playing. The head coach Has the final say and they got the qb position right. Two things Cleveland has yet to do we need less jerry jones and more kraft thinking

#169 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

Plot twist: joe banner steps out of the office to assume the head coach role. As he already does now, From his office.

#170 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

They are intervied Greg Schiano. Schiano the same guy that had problems in Tampa and the players wanted to run him out. Yeah, can't wait to have him on our sidelines.......Because that is how you are successful, you take a coach that failed before and put him in another rebuilding situation, because this time he will get it right.

Interviewing Pettine for the Third time on Thursday, so they can say they spent lots of time searching and looking for the right coach because nothing says we are confident in our pick like 3 or 4 four hour interviews.

Well at least Browns fans can always discuss the up coming draft because we will constantly be picking in the top 3 every year at this rate...Haslam's Heiroom will have plenty of chances to show everyone about how good they are at picking in the draft.

#171 FearTheElf!!

All League

• Members
  • 50 posts

Member No.: 9528

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Well once again we have hired a new coach, Bobby Pettine, former DC for the Bills, Jets and Ravens. Personally I liked what I saw during his interview and I am eternally optimistic that this will the right hire this time. However I am like the abused wife who gets that smackdown but always comes back thinking that this time things are going to be different. 15 coaches in team history but 7 since 1999 or something like that. Here we go Brownies, Here we Go!!!!

Draft well and God Speed

#172 Ward

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

First off I believe his name is Mike Pettine FeartheElf. Just wanted to let you know.

Personally I would have rather seen them persue Adam Gase as it was rumored. Maybe it wasn't going to work or maybe the Browns did not want to wait much longer. I'm not a Browns fan so I could be wrong on what is a right or wrong hire for them. But I just felt like the Browns needed to persue someone who knew offense, partciularly at the QB posistion. As far as Mike Pettine, he did coach the defense of the Jets from 2009-2012 and in each of those seasons the Jets had a top 10 defense. So look for the Browns to be tough defensively. But like I said, the offense might be a struggle again. Maybe if they draft the right players (a QB that will amount to something) and pick a few players up in free agency, their offense may be decent. They do have some cap room so that will help. All in all I think it's a decent hire for the Browns

#173 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

He is saying all the right things, but you never know. He could be anything from the new Bellichick to the new Pat Shurmer

#174 FearTheElf!!

All League

• Members
  • 50 posts

Member No.: 9528

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostWard, on 24 January 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

First off I believe his name is Mike Pettine FeartheElf. Just wanted to let you know.

Yes, I saw that mistake after I posted it, guess I had Bobby Petrino on my mind......

#175 Ward

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

I will say this, he has a good reputation at turning a defense into a top 10. I think they could eventually have one of the best defenses in their division which may be good enough to win.

#176 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

So whole new front office now.....just in time for the Draft.

#177 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 11 February 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

So whole new front office now.....just in time for the Draft.

Never a dull moment for us Browns fans.

#178 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

So far I am pretty exicited about the free agents that the BRowns picked up. Tate will be a nice addition to the back field and Hawkins will be a nice surprise i think, he can catch (unlike Bess) and can run after the catch and pick up yards.

The Defense in back field great addtions there. Looks like streamlining the front office seems to get things done quicker.

#179 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Today is draft day anyone got any thoughts on what the browns may due. I just hoping for a pass on Manziel. Don't see him making good choices in tight games, and staying healthy for entire seasons. He says he will protect himself more but he is a creature of habbit, and it is hard to break an instinct....

Watkins, if he is there my choice.

#180 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

I want them to get receiver Mike Evans from A & M. He is 6-4, 231 and runs a 4.4 40. A perfect compliment to Gordon. I would love for them to then get QB Carr or Bortles at 26 but their is no way either last that long. It's probably gonna be Bridgewater or Garropalo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users