Week of 1/28 Rankings

60 replies to this topic

#41 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

Just think about it, without all this “b*tching, the site would be dead so why is it a big deal?
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#42 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Member No.: 9937

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

How about this: let's all meet some day and have lunch or something. That way we can not only put a face with a name, but we can see who people really are instead of judging them based on conversation. I'm sure flounder wouldn't show up however, he wouldn't want people to see that he's really not an ESPN expert.

#43 WeekendWarrior

All District

• Members
  • 386 posts

Member No.: 1612

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Honestly, I can't stand the bitching. Personally, I don't care what "expertise" anyone has with the rankings. The truth is, NO ONE is capable of watching every area team multiple times a season. It's just not possible, unless you are spending too much time at home watching WOSN/WTLW, getting access to coaches game DVD's, or access to a school's Hudl account. If those are true, you are either retired and have nothing else to do or you are unemployed and think HS basketball is more important than finding a job. Truth is, most rankings are based on the 1-2 games you watch on weekends, the scores you see, and what you hear from others. I would rather read people's critique of WHY they think the rankings are "wrong" and then the ranker defend why they are there instead of it turning into a pissing match. The majority of you posting make reading the rankings less enjoyable, ,which is unfortunate, because there is a lot of good basketball being played this season in our immediate area. Along with a lot of experienced senior teams and a lot of young freshman/sophomores playing good varsity minutes.

Edited by WeekendWarrior, 29 January 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#44 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

WeekendWarrior I couldn’t agree more

#45 FiredupDevil

All District

• Members
  • 151 posts

Member No.: 9094

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostWeekendWarrior, on 29 January 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Truth is, most rankings are based on the 1-2 games you watch on weekends, the scores you see, and what you hear from others. I would rather read people's critique of WHY they think the rankings are "wrong" and then the ranker defend why they are there instead of it turning into a pissing match. The majority of you posting make reading the rankings less enjoyable, ,which is unfortunate, because there is a lot of good basketball being played this season in our immediate area. Along with a lot of experienced senior teams and a lot of young freshman/sophomores playing good varsity minutes.

I have to agree with this. Watching 1-2 gmaes a weekend that happen at the same time as the others. I'm glad to hear reports on teams I might get to see once or help me make a decision as to who to see come tournament time.
"Our objective is simple, to make the great state of Ohio proud" Urban F. Meyer

2014 BVC Football Prediction Champ

#46 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

I have never been really critical of these rankings....actually I thought I was helping prince whoever in trying to make his rankings better on both boys and girls rankings by offering suggestions on how Rocketman and JB did it.....those rankings rocked and were terrific....but as soon as I offered a bit of advice, I got slammed and accused of ruining this site.....thing is, over the late years, I was rarely on the RC, so that shoots that theory in the a$$....and my friend Rocketman is completely wrong by taking the blame himself....forums have lost many posters because of Twitter, Facebook and other things....just a sign of the times....

Prince....
I will try not to upset your apple cart any more if you unblock me.....lol...and if you want to meet up with Rocketman and myself, I feel that is a possibility.....maybe even some golf....let us know...we really aren’t bad guys at all!!!!

#47 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

I’m up for golf!

Anyways I’m with ya. Obviously this guy can’t take criticism and doesn’t want to argue or debate about anything. You can’t just post things and think everyone is gonna be on board. I never thought his rankings were terrible maybe little different by combining all the divisions but never criticized it just asked a few questions like why he thought this or that and got slammed for it. But seriously does it even matter? It’s sports. People argue about sports all the time. You think the college football playoff committee gets on Twitter and cries because people don’t like their rankings? Let’s just get on with the sports talk. If the guy wants to whine and slam people let him and just ignore the guy. Heck I’m on board with debating sports topics with the guy if he’s willing to do that and not slam you for it.

#48 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Latest polls released

Division II
Wauseon #1
Elida #6

Division III
Ottawa Glandorf #2
Versailles #7

Division IV
Ft. Loramie #4
St. Henry #5
Hicksville #11
Pandora Gilboa #14

#49 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostPrince, on 29 January 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Latest polls released

Division II
Wauseon #1
Elida #6

Division III
Ottawa Glandorf #2
Versailles #7

Division IV
Ft. Loramie #4
St. Henry #5
Hicksville #11
Pandora Gilboa #14

Great ratings, thanks, great job.

#50 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

Big weekend ahead for Kalida as they are on the road both nights, against Ottoville and Wayne Trace. I also see a possible upset Saturday night in Ft. Loramie. I think the Flyers will be more than ready to play and I expect a very tight game.

#51 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9936

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

P-G 62 Leipsic 30

#52 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Ottoville and Ft. Jennings should be out of the rankings

#53 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Ottoville and Ft. Jennings should be out of the rankings

#54 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Will be updating the rankings soon. Elida will definitely be moving down after tonight's showing and yes, Ottoville and FJ will be on the move.

#55 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Updated the rankings and it was tough filling out those final spots. I gave the edge to Ayersville despite Ft. Jennings beating them earlier this year. However, the Pilots beat Miller City, who handled the Musketeers tonight.

#56 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

Looks good. PG almost let one slip. They pretty much locked up the BVC tonight with beating VB.

#57 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

My question is, how do you have 8 seniors on your team (Elida) and you struggle to get 50 points every single game?
They need to let those boys play basketball and have some freedom. Stop with all the set plays that take 20 seconds to accomplish and let that veteran group play the game. HIGH SCHOOL BBALL NEEDS A SHOT CLOCK BADLY!!

#58 CKalltheway

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Member No.: 9579

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Having seniors is only part of the equation, I have watched this group play many aau games on various teams throughout the last four years, they are all great kids,but not the state ranked world beaters you and other pollsters would like them to be.

#59 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

Would like them to be? That has zero to do with my statement.

#60 CKalltheway

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Member No.: 9579

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Just seems to me that when the dogs don't play well you want to blame coaches as if they have the horses to win every game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users