NCOSA 2006

20 replies to this topic

#1 varsity06

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 477

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:38 PM

i know alot of new faces are in the league this year, who's coming out ontop?

#2 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Member No.: 134

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:01 AM

ada will have lost a key class to graduation but i still think ada has what it takes to got 3 in a row in the NCOSA......but this year its gonna be closer
ADA BULLDOGS

#3 bballa_14

All League

• Members
  • 65 posts

Member No.: 7

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:47 PM

How much is cory rawson bringing back im not quite sure but i think they were young this year. Van buren i think was losing quite a bit also.

#4 Moon Mist Man

All League

• Members
  • 32 posts

Member No.: 562

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

What are all of the teams in this league?

#5 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

The only two teams I know about is really Ada who is usually pretty good and Cory Rawson who usually aint that bad....But from what I know Ada is going to be down this year....is that true?
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#6 grizzly8

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Member No.: 664

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

Ada will be down quite a bit this year. They lost quite a bit of talent which includes Pifer, Musselman, Fetter, and Burkholder. To be quite honest though i think pretty much every team in the NCOSA has lost a lot of talent which includes the top teams in the league. I know that Riverdale, Van Buren, and Cory have all lost big players to graduation. Cory was a pretty young team last year and should be a top contender this year. The surprise team this year could possibly be Old Fort. I know they played a lot of teams pretty soundly last year. I dont think anybody has a sure shot at winning the league. It will be a toss-up. I will still pick Ada to be the winners due to coaching. Marty Clum is a great coach and i think he will continue on with the winning tradition.

#7 bballa_14

All League

• Members
  • 65 posts

Member No.: 7

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

Old Fort will be greatly down, losing at least 10 seniors and with low amounts of underclassman and low number of coming freshmen next year there might not even be a team.

#8 Soccerkng06

All District

• Members
  • 227 posts

Member No.: 661

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

Never count ada out theres alot of talent on this team coming up i think ada will win the ncosa for three staright
"First they ignore you, Then they laugh at you, Then they fight you, Then you WIN."
Gandhi

#9 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

i didnt hear anyone count them out soccer.....there a contender for years to come

who is in this leauge?
ADA BULLDOGS

#10 Soccerkng06

All District

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

go_ada_bulldogs here are the teams

Ada, Cory rawson, riverdale, old fort, Upper Sandusky, Tiffin Calvert

Edited by Soccerkng06, 13 March 2006 - 10:50 PM.

"First they ignore you, Then they laugh at you, Then they fight you, Then you WIN."
Gandhi

#11 varsity06

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 477

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

Breakdown by teams (as best as possible)

1. Loses potent offense, all time scoring leader fetter and 1st team all state mid Pifer. Graduates sweeper and 3 year starter Burkholder who from what i can find was pretty decent at Goalie position. They also graduate Musselman who has good solid ball skills. They take hits in every position.

2. Cory Rawson loses their entire defense, wasn't really much to show this past year and they are a small team. Rebuilding year.

3. Riverdale loses some key seniors holding down big positions, they made a nice run in the tourny but don't expect that again, promising youth though.

4. Old Fort had one kid who had talent, red headed big kid. Decent player but nothing else stands out over there. GK was faired well considering his surroundings.

5. Upper Sandusky/Tiffin pretty much the punching bag of the NCOSA don't expect anything from either.

All teams are down, all teams are young. It will be a toss up, i'd still pick ada based on youth, coaching, and the other players seeing the past year. Seeing and practicing against that caliber is a factor.

#12 grizzly8

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Member No.: 664

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

You also have to count in Van Buren, they are always a tough team to play

#13 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

the good thing about ada's upcoming varsity is theres skill across the board and #'s

maybe a couple former football players?

and thats it....i thought there was more teams in the leauge

Edited by go_ada_bulldogs, 15 March 2006 - 08:57 PM.

ADA BULLDOGS

#14 Soccerkng06

All District

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:17 AM

I heard that James Sheldon is playing this year pretty good athlete any truth to that
Gandhi

#15 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

yea he is....ada takes NCOSA III straight....Bluffton and many D I and DII schools added.....so no more talk of soft scheduleing....if ada can overcome these barriors......look out tourny
ADA BULLDOGS

#16 Soccerkng06

All District

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

It will be a great year for soccer go dogs
Gandhi

#17 Soccerkng06

All District

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

I think that everybody will be a year older and alot better than everyone making the Ada boys Varsity team I went to watch them play a couple of times very good and deep benched team. If the players work hard they can win the NCOSA for 3 in a row
Gandhi

#18 Big John Studd

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 1366

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

Guess not soccerkng06.
Ada dropped MIller City for Bluffton and Indian Lake for Kenton? How is that an upgrade? The entire legue except for two teams stunk.
Riverdale manhandled everyone else. They were the creme of the league this year.

#19 Speedy_09

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Member No.: 1172

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(varsity06 @ Mar 13 2006, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Breakdown by teams (as best as possible)

1. Loses potent offense, all time scoring leader fetter and 1st team all state mid Pifer. Graduates sweeper and 3 year starter Burkholder who from what i can find was pretty decent at Goalie position. They also graduate Musselman who has good solid ball skills. They take hits in every position.

2. Cory Rawson loses their entire defense, wasn't really much to show this past year and they are a small team. Rebuilding year.

3. Riverdale loses some key seniors holding down big positions, they made a nice run in the tourny but don't expect that again, promising youth though.

4. Old Fort had one kid who had talent, red headed big kid. Decent player but nothing else stands out over there. GK was faired well considering his surroundings.

5. Upper Sandusky/Tiffin pretty much the punching bag of the NCOSA don't expect anything from either.

All teams are down, all teams are young. It will be a toss up, i'd still pick ada based on youth, coaching, and the other players seeing the past year. Seeing and practicing against that caliber is a factor.

your mostly right except the fact that CR doesnt lose their entire defense...they are losing 2 players (that are forwards)..Cole Hunter and Wells Faine, and everyone else will be back. As for Ada winning 3 in a row...I wish them the best of luck, but they still have to contend with Riverdale and CR, but im not saying they cant, it will just be a tough one.

#20 Big John Studd

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 1366

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

Not-so-Speedy that listing was from March. Way to pay attention!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users