Liberty Benton District Pole Vault

6 replies to this topic

#1 raisethebar

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 5709

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

Now that much of the regular season is over we can look to the district meet and see that the pole vault at the Liberty Benton district could be as good as the state meet. IN the boys there are 3 over 14'6" or higher and the fourth spot is up for grabs with what might take 13'6"- 14' just to get out of this district, if the weather cooperates at all. IN the girls you have two over 12' and the defending state champ is not even favored to be in the top two at this meet. Fourth place here should take 9'6" or higher to advance. The top three state finishers from the past two years will compete at this district in the girls. No other district-nor regional for that matter, in the state in D 111, is even remotely close to this level. Good luck to everyone, vault high. For those of you reading this post from other districts and regionals be thankful that you are not vaulting at this district.

Edited by raisethebar, 17 May 2011 - 02:44 AM.

#2 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

With Keller going 15'4" wed we are looking at big numbers to get out.
Working on the Chain Gang

#3 Pulitzer

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 6455

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (raisethebar @ May 12 2011, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IN the girls you have two over 12'

Actually two right at 12 feet, not over, at least not this season, and at least not yet. I do get your point, though, it is one heck of a good field. Elmwood's Briggs is a fine vaulter in her own right and would stand a solid chance to win or be no worse than second at some of the other districts. But yeah, you're right, she's not guaranteed the fourth spot just by showing up. It will be fun to watch.

#4 raisethebar

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 5709

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

Pulitzer-What I stated was that there are two over 12' - meaning that there have been two vaulters that have made it over the bar at 12' this year .Amanda and Tori have both cleared 12' on different occasions and Ellie has not even attempted that high as her best outdoors is only 11' although she will be over 12' before it is all said and done IMO.

Edited by raisethebar, 17 May 2011 - 10:47 AM.

#5 ccfan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5735

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (raisethebar @ May 15 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pulitzer-What I stated was that there are two over 12' - meaning that there have been two vaulters that have made it over the bar at 12' this year and that is a true statement. Amanda and Tori have both cleared 12' on different occasions and Ellie has not even attempted that high as her best outdoors is only 11' although she will be over 12' before it is all said and done IMO. Actually, Briggs is no better than a 5th in this district, if everyone vaults their best and what you state is absolutely true, she would either win or get second at most districts.

Briggs will be in the Eastwood District. Also, saw Wentling(Carey 10"04) get carried off the pit Sat. @ MAL meet looked like more knee issues for her, hope she heals up ok for Districts.

#6 Pulitzer

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 6455

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Ah, I see what you're saying, raisethebar. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Also sorry to hear about Wentling. She got hurt and had to carried off the mat at the L-B invitational, that's a shame if she was reinjured at the MAL.

#7 ccfan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5735

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (raisethebar @ May 16 2011, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless things have changed since last year - Briggs will be at Liberty Benton for the district meet. I do not follow all the changes that the state makes so she may indeed go to the EAstwood District, it would be in her best interest if that is the case. Let's all hope the weather gets better by then so we see some great competitions in all the events.
It sounds like it would be in alot of girls best interests if they were in other Districts than Liberty Benton not only in P.V. but , oh let's say, shot, discus, hurdles, relays etc. etc.. This is where I found info on Districts http://www.nwdab.org/Track/track_boys_girls_copy2.htm Weather cooperation would be great! for a change, that's for sure cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users