Troller of Trolls. Ayatollah of souls.

#22 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Post{UnStupid}, on 22 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

A friend told me yesterday and I googled it and the headlines said "Chris Carpenter to Red Sox". Just looked again and noticed it said "CUBS Send Chris Carpenter to Red Sox"... So it was the wrong one!! haha
Thanks for doubting me, now I know, the Cardinals still have Carpenter!

New Predictions:
Cincinnati Reds: 90-72
St. Louis Cardinals: 88-74
Milwaukee Brewers: 81-81
Pittsburgh Pirates: 75-87
Chicago Cubs: 67-95

The Chris Carpenter that went from Chicago to Boston is from Bryan.

Edited by dhsdawg06, 05 March 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#23 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostObed, on 05 March 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Haters gon hate :)

Don't hate. He is way overated. He could not win with a juiced up Bonds.

#24 {UnStupid}

• Members
  • 16 posts

Member No.: 9213

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

View Postcubbies4life, on 05 March 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Don't hate. He is way overated. He could not win with a juiced up Bonds.

maybe he could not win with the other 8 guys... :whistling:

#25 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Post{UnStupid}, on 05 March 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

maybe he could not win with the other 8 guys... :whistling:

Well, he like to ruin promising young arms, saw that with the Cubs and he already has achieved that with the Reds.

#26 WadesTeam

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 8639

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

cubbies4life, what is your take on the Cubs this season? How long will it take Theo to turn the team around?

#27 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostWadesTeam, on 06 March 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

cubbies4life, what is your take on the Cubs this season? How long will it take Theo to turn the team around?

Pretty bad this year. I would hope 2-3 years. But when your a Cubs fan, it feels like another 100 years. LOL..

#28 FightingFifth

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Member No.: 2326

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

View Postcubbies4life, on 05 March 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Well, he like to ruin promising young arms, saw that with the Cubs and he already has achieved that with the Reds.
I am not a big Dusty fan by any means but he has an unfounded reputation on the young arms. Kerry Wood was overused before Baker got there. He had a violent delivery and that causes arm damage.
He and Prior pitched their arms off in 2003, because the Cubs were under tremendous pressure to win their first pennant in 58 years. They were going to ride their two young horses hard, to that end. Baker didn't act alone in going to that whip.

Name a young Red's arm he has ruined? Mike Leake? nope he is pretty damn good. Johnny Cueto? nope. Aroldis Chapman? sure doesn't have a ruined arm.

While Johnny B. Baker may not be the best manager, or even a good one. I get sick of hearing he ruins young arms. It's just not true. I buy more into the Curse of the Billy Goat than I do Dusty Baker ruining young arms.

Edited by FightingFifth, 07 March 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#29 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostFightingFifth, on 07 March 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I am not a big Dusty fan by any means but he has an unfounded reputation on the young arms. Kerry Wood was overused before Baker got there. He had a violent delivery and that causes arm damage. He and Prior pitched their arms off in 2003, because the Cubs were under tremendous pressure to win their first pennant in 58 years. They were going to ride their two young horses hard, to that end. Baker didn't act alone in going to that whip.

Name a young Red's arm he has ruined? Mike Leake? nope he is pretty damn good. Johnny Cueto? nope. Aroldis Chapman? sure doesn't have a ruined arm.

While Johnny B. Baker may not be the best manager, or even a good one. I get sick of hearing he ruins young arms. It's just not true. I buy more into the Curse of the Billy Goat than I do Dusty Baker ruining young arms.

Volquez? No injury? Must of had a violent windup. Kerry Wood had a violent windup? Really? I suppose Prior's was vilolent too? He was the manager and he is responsible for letting Prior and Wood pitch too much that year. Billy Goat has nothing to do with that.

Let's see what happens with Chapman once he starts.

#30 {UnStupid}

• Members
  • 16 posts

Member No.: 9213

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

i'd say it has more to do with players not being honest with themselves and their trainers. not to mention, where are the pitching coaches?!? they get paid the big bucks to focus on $h!t like this, Dusty Baker has an entire team to organize into champions. while healthy arms are a big part of that, these pitchers are men and they should know their limitations. he's a coach, not a doctor, and certainly not a babysitter (theo epstein). add in seemingly blind pitching coaches and i'm saying mr. baker is gets a bad wrap...

#31 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well it's a matter of opinion.

Spring is in the air so "Let's Play Ball" :clap:

#32 FightingFifth

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

View Postcubbies4life, on 07 March 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Volquez? No injury? Must of had a violent windup. Kerry Wood had a violent windup? Really? I suppose Prior's was vilolent too? He was the manager and he is responsible for letting Prior and Wood pitch too much that year. Billy Goat has nothing to do with that. Let's see what happens with Chapman once he starts.

Yes, Wood had a violent delivery. I do not recall reading or hearing about Prior having one and I didn't say that he did. As for Volquez, I guess everytime a pitcher is injured its the managers fault. He was way overused by Dusty to an average of 102 pitches in 08 and 94 in 09 when he was hurt. That is absurd to think he could throw that many pitches once every five games.

Maybe I am defending Dusty a little too hard. I dislike him as a manager for many reasons. His lineups and his pension for going with a veteran over a prospect no matter how bad the vet is playing drives me crazy. I just don't understand why people say he ruins arms when a little research tells you it is not at all accurate. Nothing personal cubbies, just a pet peeve of mine. I agree, can't wait for Opening Day!

#33 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostFightingFifth, on 07 March 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Yes, Wood had a violent delivery. I do not recall reading or hearing about Prior having one and I didn't say that he did. As for Volquez, I guess everytime a pitcher is injured its the managers fault. He was way overused by Dusty to an average of 102 pitches in 08 and 94 in 09 when he was hurt. That is absurd to think he could throw that many pitches once every five games.

Maybe I am defending Dusty a little too hard. I dislike him as a manager for many reasons. His lineups and his pension for going with a veteran over a prospect no matter how bad the vet is playing drives me crazy. I just don't understand why people say he ruins arms when a little research tells you it is not at all accurate. Nothing personal cubbies, just a pet peeve of mine. I agree, can't wait for Opening Day!
N

Understand. As a Cub fan who's team is going nowhere again this year, I would rather see the Reds win the division.

#34 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Still a little too early for predictions to me, but even so here's my early feelings on the division.

1 Reds
2 Cards
3 Brewers
4 Pirates
5 Cubs
6 Astros

#35 cardsfan

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 865

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Wainright looks good so far this spring ... but, Carpenter threw a ton of innings last year (ala Wood & Prior) and he now has neck/shoulder issues the Cards are worrying about. Also, Dusty is an idiot. Pitching aside, who sticks with the revolving door in left field like they did for a whole season? And who sticks with a couple other OFs that can't make contact consistently? The best thing that could happen for the reds is a healthy Rolen. They are much better when he's right. Leadership, defense, aggressively smart base running are vastly underrated, Rolen gives these (so did Pujols). I think its a 2-team pick'em with health being the key. Cards have a lot of depth. Brewers will drop off as peripheral players won't duplicate the overachieving years they had last year. I have to wonder if the Reds don't win this year, or if they get off to a bad April/May ... could a rested / bored TLR show up in Cincy compliments of Jocketty?

#36 FightingFifth

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

View Postcardsfan, on 09 March 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

Wainright looks good so far this spring ... but, Carpenter threw a ton of innings last year (ala Wood & Prior) and he now has neck/shoulder issues the Cards are worrying about. Also, Dusty is an idiot. Pitching aside, who sticks with the revolving door in left field like they did for a whole season? And who sticks with a couple other OFs that can't make contact consistently? The best thing that could happen for the reds is a healthy Rolen. They are much better when he's right. Leadership, defense, aggressively smart base running are vastly underrated, Rolen gives these (so did Pujols). I think its a 2-team pick'em with health being the key. Cards have a lot of depth. Brewers will drop off as peripheral players won't duplicate the overachieving years they had last year. I have to wonder if the Reds don't win this year, or if they get off to a bad April/May ... could a rested / bored TLR show up in Cincy compliments of Jocketty?

Unfortunately I agree with almost everything you say. Wainright does look good. Dusty is an idiot. Once again I completely agre about Rolen. Your assessments are spot on. However TLR and the Reds will not be joining forces. Neither sides care for each other at all, and that is understating it a bit.

#37 cardsfan

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just sayin' IF things don't get off quickly or at all for the Reds, the possibility is there. The biggest reason TLR dislikes the Reds is ... Dusty. And, there is a strong foundation between TLR and Jocketty going back to their days in not only St Louis, but Oakland as well. I would also say that if Chapman doesn't produce, Dusty will get the blame for the bullpen experiment going wrong and ruining another young pitcher.

#38 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Reds lose their close for entire year. Cardinals Carpenter out indefinitely. Central division just got tighter.

#39 cardsfan

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Sean Marshall now the Reds closer? Does this guy have the makeup for this? Maybe Cubbies can give us some insight.

#40 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postcardsfan, on 25 March 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Sean Marshall now the Reds closer? Does this guy have the makeup for this? Maybe Cubbies can give us some insight.

Well he only has been a set up guy for most of his career. I have my doubts. Wonder if Chapman goes back into the bullpen??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users