Jump to content



Football season coming up


15 replies to this topic

#1 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,455 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

Is it too soon to start talking football? I believe scrimmages start next week. Thanks


#2 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,797 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:58 AM

Not too early to talk football, I am interested to see how the new school COF Academy does this year.

read the article: http://www.thisweekn...ule-little-else

#3 charliesheen

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

    Joined: 03-June 11
    Member No.: 8871

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

 Maltese Falcon, on 09 August 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Not too early to talk football, I am interested to see how the new school COF Academy does this year.

read the article: http://www.thisweekn...ule-little-else

My money is on 0-12 and outscored by an average of 25-30 p/g. That's assuming they even field a team. I am shocked that all those big schools would have scheduled a team like this without knowing more about them. The game essentially never happened with regard to playoff points. They'd have been better off playing an 0-10 D7 school. Just have a feeling this isn't going to end well for any of the teams involved.

#4 Teddy Malone

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 3,065 posts

    Joined: 23-April 08
    Member No.: 3567

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:55 PM

Is anyone going to do prediction contests? I won't bother if only 10 people want to do it.

#5 waterloowonder

    All State

  • Members
  • 507 posts

    Joined: 11-January 10
    Member No.: 5547

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:03 AM

I'm in if you do it.

#6 Hound Dog

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,577 posts

    Joined: 10-March 06
    Member No.: 700

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

I'll be in a prediction contest if one is offered.
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#7 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,797 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:17 PM

i am in for a prediction contest. Plus Teddy, less people, less work for you. Also, It would only be the experts showing up.

BTW, how is Defiance football looking?

#8 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,455 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 13 August 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

i am in for a prediction contest. Plus Teddy, less people, less work for you. Also, It would only be the experts showing up.

BTW, how is Defiance football looking?
I am interested, thanks. VON

#9 Teddy Malone

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 3,065 posts

    Joined: 23-April 08
    Member No.: 3567

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

Yes I don't want 50-60 people like the glory days, but I want more than 10 too. I'd say maybe 20-25 people would be optimal? Every week too. As for Defiance, I have absolutely no reason to expect anything better than 2 or 3 wins until it happens. Sadly, the golden years of the first half of the Buti regime have now become the outlier of a 50-year terrible era instead of a rejuvenation of the pre-WBL history of Defiance Football.



#10 oberhaus

    Hall of Fame

  • Contributing Member
  • 2,785 posts

    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member No.: 3612

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

Iím in.
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#11 ADog

    Stinkys Legend

  • Members
  • 7,742 posts

    Joined: 05-March 06
    Member No.: 614
  • Location:Bulldog Country

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:22 PM

Im in if people start coming back..

#12 Dark Knight

    All District

  • Members
  • 185 posts

    Joined: 01-December 07
    Member No.: 3030

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:46 PM

I will try to compete.

#13 Rocketman

    Stinkys Legend

  • [A] Administrator
  • 13,032 posts

    Joined: 28-December 05
    Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:00 AM

 Teddy Malone, on 14 August 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yes I don't want 50-60 people like the glory days, but I want more than 10 too. I'd say maybe 20-25 people would be optimal? Every week too. As for Defiance, I have absolutely no reason to expect anything better than 2 or 3 wins until it happens. Sadly, the golden years of the first half of the Buti regime have now become the outlier of a 50-year terrible era instead of a rejuvenation of the pre-WBL history of Defiance Football.

Teddy,
Sorry but I donít see the return of the ďGlory DaysĒ here on the RC.... I guess Iím just too tired to get on the Twitter Train which seems to be the preferred method of the millennials..... I do still have some RC polos I could be talked into donating.....zoom
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#14 wishbone

    All District

  • Members
  • 491 posts

    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member No.: 2004
  • Location:B-town

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

I've often wondered what happened to some of the regulars on here. What ever happened to SliceSliceBaby?

#15 Rocketman

    Stinkys Legend

  • [A] Administrator
  • 13,032 posts

    Joined: 28-December 05
    Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

 wishbone, on 19 August 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

I've often wondered what happened to some of the regulars on here. What ever happened to SliceSliceBaby?
Ďbone,
Slicer was the glue that held the RC together...not exactly sure but I do know she ran into some physical/emotional issues and she moved up towards the Port Clinton area 2-3 years ago.....we used to stay in touch, but........
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#16 wishbone

    All District

  • Members
  • 491 posts

    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member No.: 2004
  • Location:B-town

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostRocketman, on 19 August 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

'bone,
Slicer was the glue that held the RC together...not exactly sure but I do know she ran into some physical/emotional issues and she moved up towards the Port Clinton area 2-3 years ago.....we used to stay in touch, but........

Awww....that's too bad. I always loved her enthusiasm.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users