#289Hagen

All District

• Posted Image
  • Members
  • 487 posts
    Member No.: 7010

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

Posted Imagevon, on 08 May 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

I agree 100 percent, both have several empty classrooms.
Sounds like a new elementary & junior/high school to me. "Empty" classrooms would become trophy rooms. :thumbup1: Or turn them into a headstart/preschool program.

#303 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostFlightCrew, on 13 May 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

#289Hagen

All District

• Posted Image
  • Members
  • 487 posts
Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

Posted Imagevon, on 08 May 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

I agree 100 percent, both have several empty classrooms.Sounds like a new elementary & junior/high school to me. "Empty" classrooms would become trophy rooms. :thumbup1: Or turn them into a headstart/preschool program.

Still Not seeing where they would win alot
Mr B

#304 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

View PostMr Bearcat, on 14 May 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Have the Bearcats ever made it to even the regionals in the last 50 years? Or even the state? I do not know Bearcat history. Maybe you could enlighten me with all your knowledge and expert memory skills. Thanks

#305 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

View PostMr Bearcat, on 14 May 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Do you know how to read? Honestly .....
It says empty classrooms would become trophy rooms .... that Einstein, insinuates they would win "A LOT"

Edited by FlightCrew, 14 May 2017 - 09:09 PM.

#306 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

View Postvon, on 14 May 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Have the Bearcats ever made it to even the regionals in the last 50 years? Or even the state? I do not know Bearcat history. Maybe you could enlighten me with all your knowledge and expert memory skills. Thanks
Regionals once in the 30 years lol
Mr B

#307 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostFlightCrew, on 14 May 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Do you know how to read? Honestly .....
It says empty classrooms would become trophy rooms .... that Einstein, insinuates they would win "A LOT"
I gotcha! Sorry it flew over my head. I'm Not that dumb I promise.. LOL
Mr B

#308 Hagen

All State

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

View PostHagen, on 09 May 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

... "Empty" classrooms would become trophy rooms. :thumbup1: ...

View PostMr Bearcat, on 12 May 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Who said they would win alot?

View PostFlightCrew, on 14 May 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

My goodness... I thought the emoticon would've hinted that I was speaking with :sarcasm: This entire thread has become nonsensical and repetitive about the same topic. I realize it's taken on a life of it's own & it's now a "thing," but I don't really expect there to be classrooms upon classrooms to be filled with trophies. For all high school sports, I always hope players get a quality athletic experience, regardless of wins/losses. Personally, the memories made with teammates and coaches carry more weight than trophies the older I get. I do think it's asinine that Ottoville and FJ are that small of schools that close to one another (among other similar school situations) and my comment was merely me stoking the fire of this future HOF thread as I'm not sure what else there is to talk about that hasn't already been said 3-5x different times. :pokey:. Just enjoying the fodder.

Edited by Hagen, 15 May 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#309 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

View PostBigGreen, on 20 April 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Mysterio,

I agree. The soccer team has been very successful in the past with trips to regionals on a couple of occasions. This season was pretty bad though. Hopefully it gets better soon. Not to get off topic (I'm not living in Ottoville anymore but I try to keep up as much as possible), but what good reasons were there for their struggles this season?

Looks like a big part of the answer to that question is the parents. After going out last night with some Big Green fans I'm hearing there's all kinds of issues with boys soccer and most of it involves the parents. They said a few kids have quit and the parents are driving the coaches nuts. I would imagine that the parents are going to call for a new coaching staff before the season is over. Looks like the saga is continuing.

Parents please support your coaches. That's what happens on the teams who win state championships.

#310 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 13 August 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Looks like a big part of the answer to that question is the parents. After going out last night with some Big Green fans I'm hearing there's all kinds of issues with boys soccer and most of it involves the parents. They said a few kids have quit and the parents are driving the coaches nuts. I would imagine that the parents are going to call for a new coaching staff before the season is over. Looks like the saga is continuing.

Parents please support your coaches. That's what happens on the teams who win state championships.

I heard they had 22 kids come out for bb this summer. Any truth to that General? I could care less about soccer.

#311 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 13 August 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

I don't think there is any truth to that. And I don't see how boys soccer has any major issues. The few kids thats are quitting are because they either want to just work or focus on one sport. Has nothing to do with the coaches or the program itself. As far as the parents, you might have a parent or two not like something or question something but its nothing major. You have that usually in ever sport. But its not what you are saying it is. The problem with certain kids is they just don't have a desire to play multiple sports which is a problem because of the low numbers. I mean those same parents at one time were saying it was because of certain basketball coaches trying to get kids to focus on just their sport, not sure the truth on that. But the numbers are getting better in grades. It's just trying to get these kids to play multiple sports.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#312 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

View Postvon, on 13 August 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

I heard they had 22 kids come out for bb this summer. Any truth to that General? I could care less about soccer.

I haven't heard that and I would be a little surprised if it was that many. But I would expect more kids coming out now because of the coaching changes.

#313 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

Mysterio, thanks for clarifying the reason a few kids left the program. That seems to be an issue in our area.
My schedule says the Big Green will be at Continental on Sept. 11th. Should be a good game. You planning on going?

Von, I was told it looks like 21 players are planning on playing boys basketball this year and 1 probable starter is injured and will not be able to play. I'm not sure what happened. If true that is sad. I hate to see injured athletes from any school. A name was mentioned but I forgot who it was.

There's high hopes for your girls program again. Hopefully another state run.

#314 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Ya no problem. And you are right it does happen which is sad because Ottoville will be ok this year and those players leaving the last few years really would have made that team better. But they still had a strong offseason I heard they gave OG a strong scrimmage losing 2-1. As far as the kid hurt in basketball, I'll have to do some checking because I haven't heard that.

#315 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

View PostMysterio, on 19 August 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Ya no problem. And you are right it does happen which is sad because Ottoville will be ok this year and those players leaving the last few years really would have made that team better. But they still had a strong offseason I heard they gave OG a strong scrimmage losing 2-1. As far as the kid hurt in basketball, I'll have to do some checking because I haven't heard that.
Ottoville boys BB has 12 on Varsity and 16 on JV/F (whatever they call these teams). Things are looking very good for numbers. They also have some young tall kids, and experienced seniors. Could be a good year, I hope so.

#316 veteranlefty

All District

• Members
  • 214 posts

Member No.: 9179

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Off to a 2-0 start.....how did they look in first two games?

#317 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

View Postveteranlefty, on 04 December 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Off to a 2-0 start.....how did they look in first two games?
I'm not sure but Continental is off to a 2-0 start. 2 road losses and 0 wins at home. It's going to be a long winter.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users