#5 Dr. Frasier Crane

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 8563

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

View Postflounder, on 09 March 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Parkway wins this regional!!!!!

Always a Grove hater...you never disappoint.

#6 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:44 AM

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 09 March 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

No, Flounder is an NWC hater

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:22 AM

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 09 March 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 10 March 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

No, Flounder is an NWC hater

Both of you are wrong and do not know anything about me.......hate is a strong word and you both should feel ashamed......I like pulling for the underdog and Parkway has been kicked around for years.....to get where they have been is something they haven't done for awhile...if ever....didn't Grove have their chance....get over your conference bias and try to see where I am coming from....conference hate never came into my equation!!!!!

#8 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:32 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 09 March 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Columbus Grove over Parkway in the finals
I don't think Parkway gets by Tiffin Calvert

#9 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:48 PM

Grove 55-50 final
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#10 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:58 AM

saw both games and I think Grove will be hard to beat!!!!!!

#11 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

Flounder, I'll help you out here by stirring the pot on this one.

If Grove actually played to what they are capable of, they should beat Parkway by 20. But I just haven't been impressed with how Grove has been in this tournament. Their biggest obstacle or threat, was a team that they were fortunate to avoid because they were upset. Nonetheless, good teams find ways to win and that's exactly what they have done. If this game is close, its because Grove is continuing their ways of playing to the level of competition.

Edited by Mysterio, 12 March 2020 - 10:30 AM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#12 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:56 PM

View PostMysterio, on 12 March 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

Flounder, I'll help you out here by stirring the pot on this one.

If Grove actually played to what they are capable of, they should beat Parkway by 20. But I just haven't been impressed with how Grove has been in this tournament. Their biggest obstacle or threat, was a team that they were fortunate to avoid because they were upset. Nonetheless, good teams find ways to win and that's exactly what they have done. If this game is close, its because Grove is continuing their ways of playing to the level of competition.

Sterio.....

I totally agree with you.....I thought Grove was playing better earlier in the season.....Parkway has come on as of late and shouldn't be taken lightly.....they also are playing their best ball of the season.....good to hear from you!!!!!

#13 Dr. Frasier Crane

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 8563

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

View Postflounder, on 12 March 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sterio.....

I totally agree with you.....I thought Grove was playing better earlier in the season.....Parkway has come on as of late and shouldn't be taken lightly.....they also are playing their best ball of the season.....good to hear from you!!!!!

Grove played their best against "very good competition" in the 2nd half of the season. Kalida, Bluffton, Jackson Center, Crestview (tournament), Kalida (tournament), and Antwerp.

THey were in my opinion playing a little lax against teams they knew they could beat. Allen East, Delphos Jefferson, Ada. However we will probably never know who wins this game. I just don't see a scenario playing out where anymore basketball games will be played in Ohio. I hope I am wrong.

#14 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:22 AM

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 12 March 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Grove played their best against "very good competition" in the 2nd half of the season. Kalida, Bluffton, Jackson Center, Crestview (tournament), Kalida (tournament), and Antwerp.

THey were in my opinion playing a little lax against teams they knew they could beat. Allen East, Delphos Jefferson, Ada. However we will probably never know who wins this game. I just don't see a scenario playing out where anymore basketball games will be played in Ohio. I hope I am wrong.

Well and that's why I said tournament. I just don't think Grove looked all that great like they did in the regular season and when Ottoville got healthy, they were probably the hottest team towards the end of the season in that district. Which is why before the tournament started, I wanted to see a healthy Ottoville team vs Grove because I figured Grove would have been in some serious trouble in that game. But Kalida had to ruin that lol. But don't get me wrong, they deserved to win that game. Either way, Grove is doing what they needed to do and that is just win. I may be critical in their performance, but at the end of the day, just gotta win and that's what they are doing. Still bummed though that we didn't get that game.

#15 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

View Postflounder, on 12 March 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sterio.....

Same to you buddy!

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 12 March 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Dr. Crane.......

I really feel bad for the players, fans, coaches, school and the cities involved........I had 2 sons that played in the state tourney for DSJ and the week leading up to state is a week all involved will never forget......and then the tournament begins.....great memories and these people will never live that.....total shame!!!!!

#17 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

Though not released to the general population we have it on good authority (Snodgrass) that the OHSAA is trying to salvage the high school tournaments yet this year....... the details are still up in the air but sometime after the first of April they will give teams approximately 1 week to get back in shape (there is a no contact period right now that is surely being ignored by a few) and then pick up where they left off.......probably not at the scheduled venues but something everyone can live with........stay tuned
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#18 Johnstown Benny

All State

• Members
  • 591 posts

Member No.: 33

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:30 AM

View PostRocketman, on 14 March 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

Though not released to the general population we have it on good authority (Snodgrass) that the OHSAA is trying to salvage the high school tournaments yet this year....... the details are still up in the air but sometime after the first of April they will give teams approximately 1 week to get back in shape (there is a no contact period right now that is surely being ignored by a few) and then pick up where they left off.......probably not at the scheduled venues but something everyone can live with........stay tuned

Saw an interview with Snodgrass, ( taped) last night on Columbus TV station WBNS channel 10 on "Wall To Wall Sports".
He emphasized that he carefully used the word "postpone" instead of "cancel" in all of his latest releases/comments etc.

Snodgrass said basically what you stated in your post. April 6th will be a key day and nothing is supposed to happen before that date. He said they are hopeful of coming up with some type of resumption of the state tournaments that were left in limbo this past week, but that is not a guarantee anything will change. . . . .it is only a goal right now to salvage the completion of the winter sports championships. The still will have to dovetail all spring sports into the picture and these issues are goals right now and not finalized in any sense of the word.

Everything is liquid currently and these are uncharted waters we are in, but OHSSA has provided some glimmer of hope, but
sounds like nothing will happen earlier than April 6 with schools all closed and no practice allowed anywhere. Interesting to hear him discuss his concern with spring baseball in particular, with finding a solution to give pitchers especially ample time for getting their pitching arms in shape as early as possible prior to any formal season beginning.

I would think there is, at best, a 50/50 chance the winter sports will be able complete their respective state championships, but
that is much better than a zero chance of course. Things can change on an hourly basis as we have seen in the last few days.

The overall health of the general population still remains the number one priority, but sounds like OHSSA will do everything possible to find a way to come up with a doable plan and that's all we can expect from them.

JB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users