PCL Volleyball

20 replies to this topic

#1 09PCL

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 898

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

I don't follow volleyball much but i was wanting to watch a few games this year around Putnam County, and was wondering who has the better team to watch. I know Kalida had had some success in the past, will they still be good or have they ran out of gas? OG almost always has a good team even though they aren't in the PCL. What about some of the other schools in the league?

#2 inthecrowd

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Member No.: 192

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

I really look for Columbus Grove to do exceptionally well!

*Best of luck to all teams*

#3 PK08

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Member No.: 352

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:38 PM

At the Viking Extravaganza Tuesday night the Leipsic team looked like it had a lot of talented players coming back. They could make waves in the PCL as well as the BVC.
I wanted to have a career in sports when I was young, but I had to give it up. I'm only six feet tall, so I couldn't play basketball. I'm only 190 pounds, so I couldn't play football. And I have 20-20 vision, so I couldn't be a referee. ~Jay Leno

#4 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:55 PM

I think Grove lost a lot of talent from last years team.
Leipsic lost most of their starters from a team that went to Regionals 2 of the last 3 years but have a very talented and tall group coming in next year.
Kalida, I think still has Remlinger back for one more year and if they do she can single handedly keep them in every match from what I have seen of her.

I think these 3 teams will make up the top 3 in the PCL.

#5 ogtitanballer

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 808

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:57 PM

Kalida lost Remlinger but has her younger sister

as for O-G they played very well against Old Fort, Kalida, and Arlington at their scrimmage at Kalida

#6 Bigbrownman

All State

• Members
  • 921 posts

Member No.: 335

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

All I know is that the hard hitting Brittany Schroeder is still with the vikes and another promising young play showed GREAT skill at the Vike's Scrimmage. All in all they have a talented team, and I look for them to compete just as they have in other years. Coach Bob Moran does a GREAT job coaching these girls, and I REALLY believe in his "Just because you're a senior doesn't mean you start, you earn it like the rest of em" coaching motto.
And I belive the Vikes play CG one more time this year, and I look for the blood thirsty vikes to go after them with all they got, and pull out a win.
(of course having many family members on that team makes my opinion a little biased...but it's still waht I really believe tongue.gif)

Edited by Bigbrownman, 31 August 2006 - 10:49 PM.

#7 pgwingman

All District

• Members
  • 210 posts

Member No.: 439

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:01 AM

PG will also be returning plenty of starters for the season
"You show me a good loser, I'll show you a real loser" - Vince Lombardi

"Greatest NFL rivalries: The Oakland Raiders vs. Common Sense" - Colin Cowherd

#8 Golden Goal

All District

• Members
  • 173 posts

Member No.: 955

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

Jennings could be very strong this year, they have many seniors returning. Especially Erica Metzer from the 2003 State team

#9 bulldogbert28

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Member No.: 426

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Grove looking good so far, going 4-0 with wins over North Baltimore, Pettisville, Leipsic and Hardin Northern. I think that Leipsic and HN will battle it out for top spot in the BVC, as both looked decent at times but both were not very consistent yet. Grove has a lot of young talent and probably the best player in the county in Schroeder, but we will have to see how the young team gels around her.

#10 BC19

All League

• Members
  • 71 posts

Member No.: 400

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

Why doesn't Ottawa-Glandorf and Kalida play during the season? Two traditional powerhouses in the county are missing a great gate. Come on Coach Stober and Coach Ellerbrock - make this happen.

#11 1rampart

All League

• Members
  • 86 posts

Member No.: 585

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:26 AM

Kalida beat state ranked Ayersville in four last night.
Gotta be a confidence booster for them.

#12 bballfan01

All League

• Members
  • 26 posts

Member No.: 714

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:16 PM

Kalida is looking very good this year, as the past years. They have a lot of talent on their team. They have some big girls and good hitters. I think this team will win PCL.
Pandora doesnt seem like as good as team as they have been in the past years. They have a few outstanding players.
Continental has new coaches this year and their team has improved greatly, but they still have work to do. I think they have enough talent though to do very good, they have to learn how to win.

#13 06KtownKrazy

All District

• Members
  • 118 posts

Member No.: 156

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

You have got to like Kalida's chances currently holding an 8-1 record and undefeated in the PCL.............I have to believe that they are the team to beat.....................Look for the ladycats to hopefully make a long tournement run once again

GO CATS

#14 dogs

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Member No.: 1058

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

Grove is still in the race for PCL they are 11-2 and undefeated in the PCL

#15 06KtownKrazy

All District

• Members
  • 118 posts

Member No.: 156

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:35 PM

DOG, just wondering who grove has lost two, im down at college and cant really keep up on these things.....
..I do remember hearing that grove was goin to be pretty good once again this year

#16 dogs

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Member No.: 1058

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

they lost to Crestview and Bluffton

#17 Krazy Kat

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Member No.: 1075

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:10 PM

[quote name='VikingFan' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:55 PM' post='26930']
I think Grove lost a lot of talent from last years team.
Leipsic lost most of their starters from a team that went to Regionals 2 of the last 3 years but have a very talented and tall group coming in next year.
Kalida, I think still has Remlinger back for one more year and if they do she can single handedly keep them in every match from what I have seen of her.

I just wanted to let you in on some info about Kalida. Michele Remlinger graduated in 06', but you are right. Her sister Ashley Remlinger I believe is on this years team. She is tall just like her sister, Michele, and the last time I saw her, she was athletic too. Kalida I think also has some other big girls as well. Abby Schroder and I think Jess Knueve to just name a few.

#18 PK08

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Member No.: 352

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

Good job Leipsic girls tonight, beating the Kalida girls in 3 matches
I wanted to have a career in sports when I was young, but I had to give it up. I'm only six feet tall, so I couldn't play basketball. I'm only 190 pounds, so I couldn't play football. And I have 20-20 vision, so I couldn't be a referee. ~Jay Leno

#19 K-TownAlumni

All League

• Members
  • 82 posts

Member No.: 531

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(PK08 @ Oct 5 2006, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good job Leipsic girls tonight, beating the Kalida girls in 3 matches

Can I ask in your opinion what happened at the game? I didn't see any of the game because I am at college. Who were the referies?? Who had the most kills?? ect...

#20 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

Kalida got beat in 3 games. You can't blame the refs on that one K-Town.
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users