D-III Boys State Event Winners

7 replies to this topic

#1 silverwings

All District

• Members
  • 265 posts

Member No.: 815

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

Hey Rocketeers - who do you think will bring home the gold in the boys D-III state track meet?

Here's my picks:

HJ - Jake Delassandro - Dalton
LJ - Kellen Fetter - Waynesfield-Goshen
SP - Curtis Hoag - Riverdale
DISCUS - Curtis Hoag - Riverdale
PV - Gray Horn - Waynesfield-Goshen
4x100 - Warren JFK
4x200 - Waynesfield-Goshen
4x400 - Villa Angela St Josephs
4x800 - Yellow Springs
100m - Joe Horn - Waynesfield-Goshen
200m - Joe Horn - Waynesfield-Goshen
400m - Joe Horn - Waynesfield-Goshen
800m - Sam Borchers - Yellow Springs
1600m - Sam Borchers - Yellow Springs
3200m - Chris Olinger - Ridgewood (heard he is going to scratch in the 1600)
110m HH - Chris Sackman - Maumee Valley Country Day (Lyle Burkhardt of Shadyside will be close!)
300m IH - Chris Sackman - Maumee Valley Country Day

Team Champion - Waynesfield-Goshen
Runner-Up - Villa Angela St Joseph

Edited by silverwings, 01 June 2006 - 06:47 AM.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run to win, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you get the prize! 1 Cor 9:23

#2 MarQuisZ2008

All League

• Members
  • 41 posts

Member No.: 740

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:00 AM

100m-Joe Horn--Waynesfield-Goshen
200m-Jared Krout--Arlington
400m-Jared Krout--Arlington (now i know that everyone is going to jump on me b/c of horn's good time in regional last week so here is my explanation--Horn has been running up against guys in the 50s/49s all year, krouts best comp runs a 51, so i think krout will pull this one out of actually running against some good comp
800m-Mark Bircer-Ada
1600m-Samuel Borchers-Yellow Springs
3200m-Chris Olinger-Ridgewood
110 Hurdles-Chris Sackman-Maumee Valley Country Day
300m Hurdles-same as above
400m relay-JFK Warren HIGH School
800m relay-Waynesfield-Goshen
1600m relay-JFK Warren
3200m relay-Bluffton
High Jump-Jake Dalessandro--Dalton
Long Jump-Jared Krout--Arlington
Pole Vault--Shane Shockey--Bluffton
Shot Put-Curtis HOag-RIverdale
DIsc-Cory Mueleman--Columbus Grove

#3 silverwings

All District

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:50 PM

Krout beating Horn in the 200 and 400? You must be a BVC or Arlington die-hard to make that prediction!

Horn ran 21.55 to set a meet record at the Jesse Owens Invitational beating Dee Conley of Middletown and Chavis Martin and Ryan Wallace of Columbus Brookhaven (to name a few big school sprinters).

In the 400m, he hasn't run against anyone below 52 until the regional finals (the next time was 50.12 by Jessie Watts of Dayton Jefferson) so I'm not sure where your justification for his time comes from. I've seen both Horn and Krout run (as well as Kendall Gregory of Lake Ridge Academy) and I seriously doubt Krout can beat either of them - don't get me wrong - Krout is a great athlete and has had a great season - in my opinion, he just is not strong enough, fast enough, or experienced enough to beat Horn or Gregory at the state meet.

On any of your other picks that differ from mine you've picked guys that I would agree with, too - there are a lot of great athletes in this year's meet.

Best of luck to all the area competitors at state!
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run to win, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you get the prize! 1 Cor 9:23

#4 MarQuisZ2008

All League

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(silverwings @ Jun 1 2006, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krout beating Horn in the 200 and 400? You must be a BVC or Arlington die-hard to make that prediction!

Horn ran 21.55 to set a meet record at the Jesse Owens Invitational beating Dee Conley of Middletown and Chavis Martin and Ryan Wallace of Columbus Brookhaven (to name a few big school sprinters).

In the 400m, he hasn't run against anyone below 52 until the regional finals (the next time was 50.12 by Jessie Watts of Dayton Jefferson) so I'm not sure where your justification for his time comes from. I've seen both Horn and Krout run (as well as Kendall Gregory of Lake Ridge Academy) and I seriously doubt Krout can beat either of them - don't get me wrong - Krout is a great athlete and has had a great season - in my opinion, he just is not strong enough, fast enough, or experienced enough to beat Horn or Gregory at the state meet.

On any of your other picks that differ from mine you've picked guys that I would agree with, too - there are a lot of great athletes in this year's meet.

Best of luck to all the area competitors at state!

You're right, I am an Arlington fan and guess what I would be ready to make those predictions against almost anyone. From what I'v heard both Gregory and Horn are make Pain in the Rears and wouldn't do a hard days work in their lives. Krout, however, I know from first hand expirence, works harder than anyone i know. He does what Rogers asks him to do and then he goes and lifts and then puts in another smaller practice. So yes, while these predictions may be bold, I know that he has the potential to do them. And when you talk about expierence, neither of these guys have the overall experience that Krout has. Not only has he been placing at the state meet every year since he was a freshman, but he also when to the NIKE Nat'l All-Star Meet in Maryland to long jump. The guys is a competitor and has the fire to finish the job. I stand fully by my predictions that can and may win both the 200 and 400m sprints.

GO KROUT!!!!!

#5 silverwings

All District

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

From your statement, I must infer that your judgement is a bit clouded regarding your athlete's chances. I certainly wasn't trying to belittle Jared Krout, but you sure seem to have taken some kind of offense and decided to bad-mouth Kendall Gregory and Joe Horn.

I'm not sure what you mean by "are make Pain in the Rears" or how you would have any knowledge about what either of those athletes do to train, but you really have no business running down the character of either Horn or Gregory. Saying they "wouldn't do a hard day's work in their lives" is a very rude statement of which I'm sure you know absolutely nothing about - those are the kind of statements that come back to haunt you...

You are certainly entitled to make whatever statements regarding Krout's work ethic you would like, since you appear to have observed him first-hand. And I will stand corrected, Krout has been competing in the state meet in the 400 and 4x400 relays which does give him some good big meet experience as well as the Nike in the LJ (which if you recall, I gave him alot of credit for). However, he hasn't ever won in the state meet, and both Horn and Gregory have state championship medals on their walls. Whatever you "heard" about Horn or Gregory probably came for people they beat on the track. (Those people generally don't give very truthful information while they're still mad from getting beat.)

So, stand by your predictions and good luck to your athlete.

#6 MarQuisZ2008

All League

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(silverwings @ Jun 1 2006, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From your statement, I must infer that your judgement is a bit clouded regarding your athlete's chances. I certainly wasn't trying to belittle Jared Krout, but you sure seem to have taken some kind of offense and decided to bad-mouth Kendall Gregory and Joe Horn.

I'm not sure what you mean by "are make Pain in the Rears" or how you would have any knowledge about what either of those athletes do to train, but you really have no business running down the character of either Horn or Gregory. Saying they "wouldn't do a hard day's work in their lives" is a very rude statement of which I'm sure you know absolutely nothing about - those are the kind of statements that come back to haunt you...

You are certainly entitled to make whatever statements regarding Krout's work ethic you would like, since you appear to have observed him first-hand. And I will stand corrected, Krout has been competing in the state meet in the 400 and 4x400 relays which does give him some good big meet experience as well as the Nike in the LJ (which if you recall, I gave him alot of credit for). However, he hasn't ever won in the state meet, and both Horn and Gregory have state championship medals on their walls. Whatever you "heard" about Horn or Gregory probably came for people they beat on the track. (Those people generally don't give very truthful information while they're still mad from getting beat.)
So, stand by your predictions and good luck to your athlete.

My Response was not intended to belittle either of the athletes that Jared will be competing against. If fact, I wish both Gregory and Horn a lot of luck and hope they do win some events. My point was that I BELIEVE, that Jared just works harder than anyone I know and that's what gives him the best chance to do what I BELIEVE he can do. Jared is a senior this year and I know that he is not going to accept 2nd or 3rd place this year. He is going to want to WIN. Therefore, I said that he has the fire which I believe he has. Also, regarding the Jesse O Invite you talked about with Horn. I am sure that Horn had some good competition in that meet which has prepared him for this.

And If we do remember, these are PREDICITIONS, they are not set in stone, these are people's opinions, honestly, I could be wrong in everyone of my predicitons. I hope I'm not, but It could happen.

I do wish Gregory and Horn the best of luck at state and hope they do well, but just to let everyone know I still hope Krout wins.

#7 silverwings

All District

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:41 PM

I'm sorry - I misunderstood - I guess "wouldn't do a hard days' work in their lives" was supposed to be a compliment.

Oh well, if Joe Horn worked harder maybe he'd have set 4 STATE RECORDS instead of just TWO while leading his team to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

As it was he won 4 gold medals in 4 running events in the same day - only Chris Nelloms of Dayton Dunbar in 1997 has EVER done that.

And so you don't misunderstand me, I would say that Jared Krout of Arlington did a great job, getting 2nd in the LJ, 2nd in the 400m (in I believe a personal best time sub-48), 3rd in the 200m and 6th in the 100m.

Congrats to all the Northwest Ohio boy's competitors who had great showings - Liberty-Benton's 4x800 state champs, Bluffton's 4x400 champs, and Delphos St. Johns 4x100 champs.

Congrats to Jenna Oard of Columbus Grove and Gray Horn of Waynesfield-Goshen who each won their D-III pole vault competition.

#8 crazyman

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 772

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

Krout placed 2nd in th elong jump and just missed 1st, he also placed i think 3rd in the 200m , 5th in the 100m, and 2nd in the 400m i may be wrong but what a heck of a performance from one man. he will do real well when he goes to the next level and ARLINGTON PLACED 4TH AT THE STATE MEET[size=6]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users