Here you guys go...
http://sportsbuzzohi...-expansion.aspx

#22 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Member No.: 6461

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Glad to see the BVC is exploring their opportunities. It will be interesting to see if any shools outside the MAL will be interested. With all the turmoil in northwestern Ohio could it be that the BVC will show more stability than all the other leagues?

#23 WebFire

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 3447

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Article in today's Findlay Courier that the BVC will send out letters gauging interest.

http://thecourier.co...2012,Feb,17&c=s
2010 BVC Pick 'Em Co-Champ

#24 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Let the games begin.

How funny would it be if the N10 never got off the ground as planned?? If Carey and Riverdale both failed to join, would Mohawk and Seneca East decide to stay in the MAL?

I honestly can't imagine Riverdale not jumping on board in the BVC if given the chance. Would Carey really reverse course?
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#25 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Glad to see the athletic directors Starting to take our hints!
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#26 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Member No.: 3270

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Riverdale to the BVC, BVC stays at 10, Carey, Mohawk, Seneca East stay in MAL, N-10 dies. Liberty-Benton to NWC replacing LCC.

#27 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Liberty benton is going nowhere unless the league does the same thing to them as the NWC did........ winning 98 percent of the all sports trophies the last 30 years is too good to give up...............
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#28 Horizon

All League

• Members
  • 78 posts

Member No.: 2635

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Which schools would you like to see added to the BVC? One proposal I have heard is the addition of 4 more schools to the conference which could include 3 larger schools (possibly Div. V) and one small school to keep Vanlue, H-N, and Arcadia on-board with the proposal. BVC members then split evenly between 2 divisions based on enrollment and won/loss records from previous 4 years. Play the 6 schools in your division, play 2 cross-over schools from the other division, and schedule 2 non-league games in which you can be competitive. Avoids the issues with a big school/small school divisional alignment.

#29 FightingFifth

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Member No.: 2326

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostWarthog, on 15 February 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I don't see why that would be true. Teams can schedule 22 games next season. At most, Leipsic would play 13 BVC games and 7 PCL games. That still leaves 2 non-conf games. And the BVC might have a schedule that consists of only 10 or 11 league games. Or they could play P-G once and count in both leagues. To me, I think it might make scheduling easier as the AD only has to find 2 n-c games. All the rest is already set.
With 20 games scheduled, that doesn't leave many dates to choose from. Not to mention trying to find a match with local rivals such as, PH, Holgate, Ayersville, and they just recently started a series with O-G that I don't think they would be happy to give up.

#30 Horizon

All League

• Members
  • 78 posts

Member No.: 2635

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Potential expansion candidates:

Hopewell-Loudon
Carey
Riverdale
Ada
Bluffton
Columbus Grove
Patrick Henry
North Baltimore
Elmwood
USV
Lakota
Fostoria St. Wendelin
Allen East

Am I missing any? I would think New Riegel, Old Fort, Bettsville, Kalida, and Miller City are out of consideration due to lack of football. Findlay, Fostoria, Bath, Upper Sandusky, and Ottawa-Glandorf are out due to size.

#31 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostHorizon, on 17 February 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Potential expansion candidates:

Hopewell-Loudon
Carey
Riverdale
Ada
Bluffton
Columbus Grove
Patrick Henry
North Baltimore
Elmwood
USV
Lakota
Fostoria St. Wendelin
Allen East

Am I missing any? I would think New Riegel, Old Fort, Bettsville, Kalida, and Miller City are out of consideration due to lack of football. Findlay, Fostoria, Bath, Upper Sandusky, and Ottawa-Glandorf are out due to size.

You can take Patrick Henry off that list for sure. They aren't going to be interested in Allen East or USV. I'd think Lakota or North Baltimore would only get consideration in a monster addition scenerio, I don't think that will fly. St. Wendelin's football situation is maybe worse than Vanlue's.

I think you can really only list Carey, Riverdale, Elmwood (would they change their mind now??), H-L, Ada and Bluffton. I can't see a full league of public schools giving Tiffin Calvert consideration.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#32 Warthog

All District

• Members
  • 149 posts

Member No.: 9013

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostFightingFifth, on 17 February 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

With 20 games scheduled, that doesn't leave many dates to choose from. Not to mention trying to find a match with local rivals such as, PH, Holgate, Ayersville, and they just recently started a series with O-G that I don't think they would be happy to give up.
Given there is not being days added to the calendar, there isn't going to be many dates to choose from anyway once you start needing to schedule 22 games. And no way would I consider Ayersville as a rival. They'd probably drop them in a heartbeat. And while it's fun and exciting to play O-G, why schedule a game you know you will lose 95% of the time. Again, I don't think Leipsic will have a problem figuring out a basketball schedule.

Edited by Warthog, 17 February 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#33 Warthog

All District

• Members
  • 149 posts

Member No.: 9013

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

My guess is that Riverdale, H-L and North Baltimore would join the BVC given the opportunity. The fourth? Geographically, Bluffton might be the best choice. Ada, Carey, Elmwood and Tiffin Calvert would be the other leading candiates to get accepted, I think.

#34 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

PH and lakota will not be invited due to logistics. North Baltimore is the sleeper. Close to Findlay and competitive with the smaller BVC schools. I think it will take inclusion of NB to get support from the majority of BVC schools to accept expansion.

#35 Guest_95 Z Out_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Why do Ada and Bluffton keep getting mentioned? Is there unrest in the NWC? I thought they removed the Tbird burr under their collective saddle and would be relatively content now.

#36 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Post95 Z Out, on 17 February 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Why do Ada and Bluffton keep getting mentioned? Is there unrest in the NWC? I thought they removed the Tbird burr under their collective saddle and would be relatively content now.

It's just an invite to see who has any interest. They are consistently mentioned because size, quality and proximity to the BVC makes them a very good fit. Doesn't mean either one would jump leagues. A lot of leagues send out inquiries from time to time to test the waters. Many years ago their was interest in Fairview and Tinora joining the NWOAL. If you would ask those schools today I'd bet they would have a different answer.

Edited by Buckshot, 17 February 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#37 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

The universities can't figure it out, so how can we expect the high schools to figure it out. The problem is there is no one that oversees all this. High schools do not have to be in conferences. It's nice because it gives you a chance to win something smaller than district, regional or state championships. To do it right, you'd need an edict from the state that says as of x year, here is the conference you are in. But that's not going to happen. Until then, you'll see teams getting bounced from leagues like LCC, and teams running to join other conferences so they aren't left out.

#38 Pantherbuff

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 5868

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postpaynepanthers, on 17 February 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Riverdale to the BVC, BVC stays at 10, Carey, Mohawk, Seneca East stay in MAL, N-10 dies. Liberty-Benton to NWC replacing LCC.
If Liberty-Benton leaves I hope Mc Comb follows!!!

#39 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

View Postpaynepanthers, on 17 February 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Liberty benton is going no where. They are one of the strong supporters to expand the BVC! If the NWC kicked out LLC I doubt anyone would welcome LB who would win just as much as LCC did.

#40 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostRocketman, on 17 February 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Liberty benton is going nowhere unless the league does the same thing to them as the NWC did........ winning 98 percent of the all sports trophies the last 30 years is too good to give up...............

Who won it last year? And 30 years. Go check your facts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users