Lima Senior basketball

349 replies to this topic

#1 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Heard from a very reliable source to Quincy, that he wants the job and the school has talked to him. Could have a decision soon. Also hear if he gets it, Wilson from elida will transfer, mom lives in lima city schools district, and X, cobbs, Walton all will transfer also. All have ability to transfer and play right away. LCC, elida, Shawnee will take big hit in talent if Q takes job at Senior high.

#2 whodey

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 6889

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

You may be right on Q, BUT those kids would have to sit half the regular season

#3 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

There is an entire thread dedicated to the LSH
and Coach Q......
We are waiting on the "official" announcement that Davis
will be named head coach
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#4 SpartanDome

All League

• Members
  • 69 posts

Member No.: 9616

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostRocketman, on 09 April 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

There is an entire thread dedicated to the LSH
and Coach Q......
We are waiting on the "official" announcement that Davis
will be named head coach

I contacted my contacts in Lima and this is what was relayed to me. Quincey will NOT be an assistant or a "Co Coach" with Davis.

#5 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostSpartanDome, on 09 April 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

I contacted my contacts in Lima and this is what was relayed to me. Quincey will NOT be an assistant or a "Co Coach" with Davis.

sounds about right......I couldn't see Q being a subordinate to Davis.....Co-coach was kind of intriguing to me though..
maybe they thought this would be the lure that would land the big fish at the LSH campfire....

well, no matter.....without Q the kids will now find their way over to Cable Rd even that much easier...I'm not sure
that there is a big enough name out there who could stop the flow of the Husky pipeline that LCC has managed to construct and funnel the talent out of Lima proper....they had their one chance, and unfortunately they swung and missed....now
with LCC's 2nd state title in just a few short years and the talent they have returning.... and what more is coming down
the pike, it looks very bleak for LSH basketball fortunes in the near future.......RM

#6 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostRocketman, on 09 April 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

sounds about right......I couldn't see Q being a subordinate to Davis.....Co-coach was kind of intriguing to me though..
maybe they thought this would be the lure that would land the big fish at the LSH campfire....

well, no matter.....without Q the kids will now find their way over to Cable Rd even that much easier...I'm not sure
that there is a big enough name out there who could stop the flow of the Husky pipeline that LCC has managed to construct and funnel the talent out of Lima proper....they had their one chance, and unfortunately they swung and missed....now
with LCC's 2nd state title in just a few short years and the talent they have returning.... and what more is coming down
the pike, it looks very bleak for LSH basketball fortunes in the near future.......RM

I'll take that bet.. Have a good feelings Q will get job and 5-10 very good athletes with go back go LSH and LSH future will not be bleak not to mention going into junior class at LSH is solid without transfers back

Heres a nice article about one of the athletes at LSH going to be a junior..

http://www.landgrant...ers-jaylon-lane

Edited by dw629, 09 April 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#7 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

I was last aware that they are allowed from private to public one time with no penalty. Has that changed? And if Wilson's mother lives in lima city school district shouldn't he be free and clear?

#8 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I heard last week that it's Q's if he wants it.
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#9 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostNWbballfan, on 09 April 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

I was last aware that they are allowed from private to public one time with no penalty. Has that changed? And if Wilson's mother lives in lima city school district shouldn't he be free and clear?

This article seems to indicate that the rule changed last August. Now you sit out half a season.

http://www.ohio.com/...ksEnabled=false

#10 juan

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Member No.: 9639

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

If it changed last August how is it that 2 transfered from Shawnee last year without penalty.

#11 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

I really hope someone sues the OHSAA on this.....

#12 milt73

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 7262

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostRocketman, on 09 April 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I think you need to add in there that kids are leaving Lima City Schools in mass numbers to all schools in the Lima area, not just LCC. This goes way beyond the hand full of kids who might happen to play sports. This issue goes way beyond sports. If this was just a problem with LCC, we wouldn't be talking about the kids who go to Elida, Shawnee, etc. I know a lot of parents who grew up in Lima and are Lima Senior Alums who choose to send their kids to other schools. It's an interesting concept that goes way beyond sports. Until Lima Senior and Lima City Schools can answer the 'why are the kids/parents leaving?' or the 'how do we get them to stay?' then Lima SR is just going to go further and further into obscurity.

#13 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

View Postmilt73, on 10 April 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

I think you need to add in there that kids are leaving Lima City Schools in mass numbers to all schools in the Lima area, not just LCC. This goes way beyond the hand full of kids who might happen to play sports. This issue goes way beyond sports. If this was just a problem with LCC, we wouldn't be talking about the kids who go to Elida, Shawnee, etc. I know a lot of parents who grew up in Lima and are Lima Senior Alums who choose to send their kids to other schools. It's an interesting concept that goes way beyond sports. Until Lima Senior and Lima City Schools can answer the 'why are the kids/parents leaving?' or the 'how do we get them to stay?' then Lima SR is just going to go further and further into obscurity.

I agree with you 100%. If LSH voted to fire Coach Allen based upon the ex city school kids playing basketball at LCC, then they opened a hornets nest and are bring it down on themselves. Coach Allen is not the reason them kids left LSH and I have high doubts a new coach will bring them back.

#14 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostOsu4me, on 10 April 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

I agree with you 100%. If LSH voted to fire Coach Allen based upon the ex city school kids playing basketball at LCC, then they opened a hornets nest and are bring it down on themselves. Coach Allen is not the reason them kids left LSH and I have high doubts a new coach will bring them back.

Not all of them will but LSH will get a good portion.. LCC will be very upset about losing some of their best players..

#15 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostOsu4me, on 10 April 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

and it's ironic a LCC guy saying another school opening a hornets nest

#16 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

View Postdw629, on 11 April 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

and it's ironic a LCC guy saying another school opening a hornets nest
Not that it matters, but, 4me is our other resident RC token female.... :lol:
I just thought I'd clear it up ' cause I hate when ppl think I'm a dude posting. :D
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#17 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 11 April 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

I just thought I'd clear it up ' cause I hate when ppl think I'm a dude posting. :D

Dude looks like a Lady.........

#18 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 11 April 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

So we have gender equality? Everybody gets paid the same........
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#19 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostHound Dog, on 11 April 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

So we have gender equality? Everybody gets paid the same........
Elvis
NOT everybody gets paid the same around here....but
Slicer definitely enjoys the fruits of her labor the best,,, :hifive2:

#20 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

We were in contact with some this weekend who still are saying DAVIS......we tend to agree, but I still think someone could throw a wrench into the plumbing already
done.....

We are feeling pretty confident in saying that Q will not be an assistant.....I was hearing "CO" for awhile, but evidently that
has lost steam after listening to his followers and hangers-on.....

the decision will be announced at May's BOE meeting but we hope to hear something concrete long before then.....as usual, when
it happens you will hear it here first.....RM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users